BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos > Dash cam footage of a WRX STi running me off the road. UPDATE: Driver identified

05-30-2018, 07:12 AM   #111
aerostar
Major
Rep
Drives: 2018 F80

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdb View Post
Don't trash the car because some owners are a**holes. After all this is a BMW forum.

The hashtags.
Yeah, I had a WRX and I loved the car. Community is great, too. There are always going to be assholes no matter what brand you buy.
Appreciate 3
XMetal1125.00
wdb4713.50
      05-30-2018, 11:28 AM   #112
JasonCSU
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 135i, '88 325is

Garage List
1988 BMW 325is  [0.00]
2008 BMW 135i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by P1et View Post
No mercy. Guys like this are absolute turds. Cheap, shitty cars and thinking they are race car drivers only public roads. That could have my wife and kids he almost ran off the road.

I wouldn't consider the STi a "cheap, shitty car". It's one of the best drivers' cars out there and certainly isn't inexpensive. This particular owner is a serious ass-clown however. He definitely needs a wake up call.
      05-30-2018, 11:30 AM   #113
P1
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2004 3/4 ton Duramax

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonCSU View Post
I wouldn't consider the STi a "cheap, shitty car". It's one of the best drivers' cars out there and certainly isn't inexpensive. This particular owner is a serious ass-clown however. He definitely needs a wake up call.
Since this guy is obviously a very poor driver, maybe he should get something a bit more suitable then.
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2018, 11:37 AM   #114
Red Bread
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Smog machines

Quote:
Originally Posted by P1et View Post
Quote:
Since this guy is obviously a very poor driver, maybe he should get something a bit more suitable then.
STI's are sort of the peak of predictable, slightly understeering sporty cars. If he's making dumb decisions in it, he'd be making dumb decisions in a GT2 RS or a Prius.
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2018, 01:11 PM   #115
SteveinArizona
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 530e

Quote:
+1 to all the immediately preceding posts.

The car is fine; the driver is the problem.
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2018, 01:16 PM   #116
JohnnyCanuck
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2018 Audi RS3

One thing that's always bothered me about this clip are the actions of the car being overtaken. Notwithstanding the the Subie driver is a dangerous jackass, why on earth is the Subie not slowing when being overtaken in this fashion? Not excusing the Subie at all, but when somebody does something that stupid around me, I am smart enough to get the hell out of the way.
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2018, 01:40 PM   #117
The HACK
Midlife Crises Racing Silent but Deadly Class
Rep
Drives: 2006 MZ4C, 2021 Tesla Model 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyCanuck View Post
One thing that's always bothered me about this clip are the actions of the car being overtaken. Notwithstanding the the Subie driver is a dangerous jackass, why on earth is the Subie not slowing when being overtaken in this fashion? Not excusing the Subie at all, but when somebody does something that stupid around me, I am smart enough to get the hell out of the way.
You mean the Abarth. The white car?

It's hard to see in the video, but we have video from the car behind and the white Abarth moved way the f**k over.

As for the white Abarth needing to slow down to let the Subaru pass? I'm sorry, when you have a stock for stock 150+ hp advantage, and you can't get by a car by passing on the double yellow with 8-10 second's time? Maybe the Subaru SHOULD be the one to slow down and tuck his tail.
Sitting on a beat-up office chair in front of a 5 year old computer in a basement floor, sipping on stale coffee watching a bunch of meaningless numbers scrolling aimlessly on a dimly lit 19” monitor.
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2018, 01:56 PM   #118
JohnnyCanuck
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2018 Audi RS3

Quote:
Originally Posted by The HACK View Post
You mean the Abarth. The white car?

It's hard to see in the video, but we have video from the car behind and the white Abarth moved way the f**k over.

As for the white Abarth needing to slow down to let the Subaru pass? I'm sorry, when you have a stock for stock 150+ hp advantage, and you can't get by a car by passing on the double yellow with 8-10 second's time? Maybe the Subaru SHOULD be the one to slow down and tuck his tail.
Don't get me wrong ... absolutely not defending the Subaru driver at all. Just saying that if I'm being overtaken in that situation, I'm not only moving over, I'm slowing down. Just because I wouldn't be at fault is no reason not to do my best to avoid an accident (especially one that would have been that bad).
Appreciate 0
      05-31-2018, 12:40 PM   #119
grl.racr
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G87 M2, MK8 R, RS6 Avant

Quote:
As a former STi owner... it was kinda cheap & shitty lol. Really nothing more than a souped up econobox with outdated engine.

Lots of young guys who think they’re pro racers buy them and act like major d-bags. Unfortunate. Glad nobody was injured but I wouldn’t doubt this guy causing a major accident if he keeps it up.
Appreciate 0