BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M2 Forum > BMW M2 Discussions > No LCI manual seats

08-03-2017, 05:51 PM   #23
MZWIE
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: M2

Yes. But those don't count since they are only available in white. Disgusting.
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2017, 09:22 AM   #24
chief1richard
Life is on the Track, the rest is just waiting.
United_States
Rep
Drives: At the point of 7,000 RPM's

Garage List
2018 M2  [0.00]
seats

Manual not available in USA. I have them on my 228,and would get them if available on the M2.
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2017, 12:45 PM   #25
UltraMagneticAL
Meh
Rep
Drives: M3CS & Cayman S

Garage List
2019 BMW M3 CS  [0.00]
2018 X3 M40i  [0.00]
2017 BMW M2  [10.00]
i did the one day m school last weekend at thermal. i was in an lci with manual seats.

edit: it was black, so not a pe
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2017, 01:47 PM   #26
ZPrime
I INDIC8
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 LBB M2, 6MT

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [9.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by UltraMagneticAL View Post
i did the one day m school last weekend at thermal. i was in an lci with manual seats.

edit: it was black, so not a pe
Just proof that the school cars can get weird options.

Still want 40-20-40 rear seats.
I'm also a fan of aural pleasure.
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2017, 02:52 PM   #27
OSee
Captain
Rep
Drives: M2 Sold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corinne View Post
Perhaps I should have mentioned that my car will have a sun roof.... It's not just about head clearance though. I like to drive low down, arms straight, seat back reclined. So any increase in seat height is very unwelcome. Then there's the extra weight to take into account. Finally, since I'll be the only driver electric seats are a complete and utter waste of time !
I’m a smidge above 6’1” and a hair under 6’2”

I sat in a 240i with a sunroof and electric seats and it was terrible. Had about 1” of clearance (if that, with my hand on my head my fingers touched the roof). My wife commented from the backseat that she was getting claustrophobic just looking at me. Couldn’t lean my head to the left or I would hit where the window meets the roof. Thus leaning my head on the window glass was impossible (which I oddly like to do sometimes).

Every small bump during the drive and my head would hit the roof. Every time I attempted to readjust myself in my seat (scoot up or to a side) my head would hit the roof.

I’ll be the first to admit that at first I didn’t believe the hype. That a sunroof would make that big of a difference in roof clearance in this car. But it does. A 2-3 inch difference easy.

This will be my first sunroofless car. Your mileage may vary. Good luck.

Last edited by OSee; 08-13-2017 at 03:00 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2017, 04:17 PM   #28
jjclyde
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2021 M2C HS 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by OCfromOC View Post
I’m a smidge above 6’1” and a hair under 6’2”

I sat in a 240i with a sunroof and electric seats and it was terrible. Had about 1” of clearance (if that, with my hand on my head my fingers touched the roof). My wife commented from the backseat that she was getting claustrophobic just looking at me. Couldn’t lean my head to the left or I would hit where the window meets the roof. Thus leaning my head on the window glass was impossible (which I oddly like to do sometimes).

Every small bump during the drive and my head would hit the roof. Every time I attempted to readjust myself in my seat (scoot up or to a side) my head would hit the roof.

I’ll be the first to admit that at first I didn’t believe the hype. That a sunroof would make that big of a difference in roof clearance in this car. But it does. A 2-3 inch difference easy.

This will be my first sunroofless car. Your mileage may vary. Good luck.
I am sure the sunroof decreases headroom, so if headroom is an issue, one should probably go without the sunroof.

But just to offer an alternative perspective - I am 6'5". I have been driving a 2016 M235i for 2 years, with electric seats and a sunroof. I have never, ever hit my head on the roof. If I lean my head to the left, I hit the window glass. And I don't even have the seat in the lowest position. If I lower the seat to the lowest setting I have about 4 inches of headroom.

That said, I am "all legs". I have a friend who is 6'2", and he has much less headroom in cars than do I. It surely has to do with an individual's torso height, rather than overall height. I have no doubt that OCfromOC's experience is accurate - but he must be "all torso" vs my "all legs".

For the record, I've ordered my M2 (wk33 - in production!) with NO sunroof. Not because I need the headroom, but because I never use the sunroof - so why pay $1K extra for a thing I'll (almost) never use.

As has been suggested before - go sit in a car (any 2 series coupe) to see what the case is for you personally. Indeed YMwillV.
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2017, 05:54 PM   #29
OSee
Captain
Rep
Drives: M2 Sold

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjclyde View Post
I am sure the sunroof decreases headroom, so if headroom is an issue, one should probably go without the sunroof.

But just to offer an alternative perspective - I am 6'5". I have been driving a 2016 M235i for 2 years, with electric seats and a sunroof. I have never, ever hit my head on the roof. If I lean my head to the left, I hit the window glass. And I don't even have the seat in the lowest position. If I lower the seat to the lowest setting I have about 4 inches of headroom.

That said, I am "all legs". I have a friend who is 6'2", and he has much less headroom in cars than do I. It surely has to do with an individual's torso height, rather than overall height. I have no doubt that OCfromOC's experience is accurate - but he must be "all torso" vs my "all legs".

For the record, I've ordered my M2 (wk33 - in production!) with NO sunroof. Not because I need the headroom, but because I never use the sunroof - so why pay $1K extra for a thing I'll (almost) never use.

As has been suggested before - go sit in a car (any 2 series coupe) to see what the case is for you personally. Indeed YMwillV.
I'm more torso than legs. So definitely a your mileage may vary situation.

I can count on 2 hands the amount of times I've used a sunroof in the last 20 years. So it really doesn't bother me that I had to go without.
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2017, 07:43 PM   #30
Spa2k
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: '13 JCW

Quote:
Originally Posted by OCfromOC View Post
According to BMW's official technical data, the headroom difference between an M2 with no sunroof and one with a sunroof is 1.7 inches. If you just have long legs, you probably won't have a problem - but if you carry a couple of extra inches in your torso, it might be a little tight.
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2017, 02:37 AM   #31
Corinne
Captain
France
Rep
Drives: M2 2018 LBB 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spa2k View Post
According to BMW's official technical data, the headroom difference between an M2 with no sunroof and one with a sunroof is 1.7 inches. If you just have long legs, you probably won't have a problem - but if you carry a couple of extra inches in your torso, it might be a little tight.
I'm of the long-legged variety so it probably woudn't be a problem in that case. But it's also a function of angle of the seat back. Some people like to drive sitting upright so I guess it would be worse for them.
2011 Lotus Elise SC, 2002 BMW 330d, 1990 Caterham Super 7 HPC (sold), 1985 Porsche 911 Carrera SC (sold), 1978 Caterham Super 7 (sold), 1972 Triumph TR6 (sold), 1972 Jensen Healey (sold), 1965 Triumph TR4A (sold)
Appreciate 0