BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Paranormal/Supernatural/Unexplained experiences

07-19-2017, 10:49 PM   #89
Dan.E46
E46Fanatics OG
Australia
Rep
Drives: F32 435i MPPSK

Garage List
Loving this thread, thought I'd share a little story - it's not much. Now I haven't always been a believer of the supernatural or ghosts but in recent years I suppose I'm starting to believe that there must be some spiritual or supernatural presence among us, especially because of stories my good friends (that I trust) tell me as well as this little event that happened to me.

It must have been roughly 5 years ago, give or take when this happened. I was back living in my parent's house for a while (saving money for a home deposit). Their place is in the suburbs filled with small family homes, the streets are grassy and lined with trees, quite a nice area, but can be dark at night. Leading up to my parent's place is a four-way intersection, on one of the corners is an old garage that fixes really old cars (run by an old Italian family). One night coming home late (close to midnight), I remember it being quite a clear and cool night because the moon lit up the roads nicely - the street lights were average at best. I pull up to this intersection stopping at the Stop sign, I look at the corner of where the old garage is and standing there near the edge of the road is what looked like a man, tanned skin (or dirty), with dark hair dressed in raggedy (off)white robes/layered cloths - something similar to what Jesus is usually depicted as wearing (or a Jedi). The streets are usually quiet, no one walks around especially that late at night, let alone wearing something that was in fashion 21 centuries ago! He was just standing there looking at me, arms by his side. His clothes glowed ever so slightly, maybe from the well-lit moon that night? I'm not sure but I freaked the shit out. I do what I always do when I freak out... I act like nothing is wrong and set off from the intersection (similar to when you see a cop on the roads and you try to act 'normal'). As I drive past him and look through my rear view mirror he disappears. There is no way he could just disappear as the corner in front of the garage is quite open and it wasn't like he was wearing Nike running shoes. I quickly do a 3-point-turn and go back to the corner to look around but there is no sign of him, no way was I getting out of my car. I drove home that night (only another ~100m/300ft) ran in the house and locked the place up like Fort Knox. To this day I have no explanations, if it was something supernatural, why was he there and why did I see him, why did he do nothing and then just vanish...

(apologies, a lot of writing for a short story)

Edit: I guess I should have emphasized that no one is ever seen on that corner after night fall, never. I've driven through that intersection a million times and not once has there been people around until this one sighting.

Last edited by Dan.E46; 07-20-2017 at 08:38 PM..
Appreciate 3
Doc Oc1420.00
shay2nak1070.00
bd307927.00
      07-19-2017, 11:18 PM   #90
Doc Oc
Captain Fatbelly
United_States
Rep
Drives: C63 amg

Oh shit that would be scary. Good story.

2008 dct coupe, evolve engine/dct tune, ttp, ms intake, megan exhaust, cf ds. Sold.
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2017, 11:28 PM   #91
seedyrom
Private First Class
Australia
Rep
Drives: M240i, X3 20i, 2002, 2002tii

Was probably an abo
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2017, 09:23 AM   #92
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite

His tunic was greasy so he shone

You know, "shining"
      07-20-2017, 08:33 PM   #93
Dan.E46
E46Fanatics OG
Australia
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by seedyrom View Post
Was probably an abo
Haha, funny you say that. Not many indigenous (aboriginals) around the area. However, when I was a kid there was once a really crazy and loud indigenous man that use to live next to my parents in an old rundown shack of a house. Would always stand in his front yard yelling and complaining at all the 'white' people who moved into his neighborhood. Years went by and he eventually passed away (probably from an alcohol related problem). Could have possibly been his ghost, but then again the ghostly figure wasn't yelling and acting all crazy like.
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2017, 09:22 PM   #94
Eddien123
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: F30 335 6MT

Once I went to the cabinet to get two advils for a headache. I dumped them both onto the counter to go get a glass of water. I turn back to grab them and they're both stacked perfectly on top of one another... kinda freaked me out considering I dropped them on the counter and heard them both distinctly hit. I wasn't scared but i looked around thinking someone was messing with me
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2017, 07:13 AM   #95
bahasad
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: F30, E90

Not paranormal per se, just weird creepy experiences. These are stories my parents told me.

My parents owned a shore house about a couple hundred feet away from the beach and the atlantic ocean in New Jersey. I was born in that house and so was my sister. Anyways 2 distinct stories my mom told me:

1) As a kid, I would sleep walk sometimes. One night, I managed to sleep walk all the way outside the house, down the street and walking on the beach towards the ocean. If my parents didn't realize soon enough and came running outside, I would have walked my ass straight into the atlantic ocean.

2) When my sister was born, her crib was located besides the window. Apparently, one night my parents heard my sister crying at night. They went to her room, and saw her climbing her crib towards the window facing the beach and the ocean. It was almost as if something or someone outside was calling her from the ocean. She wanted to crawl out the window and towards the ocean.

Just random, don't know if it means anything again.
      07-27-2017, 10:46 AM   #96
bd307
Chef
Rep
Drives: Things with wheels or no wheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by bahasad View Post
Not paranormal per se, just weird creepy experiences. These are stories my parents told me.

My parents owned a shore house about a couple hundred feet away from the beach and the atlantic ocean in New Jersey. I was born in that house and so was my sister. Anyways 2 distinct stories my mom told me:

1) As a kid, I would sleep walk sometimes. One night, I managed to sleep walk all the way outside the house, down the street and walking on the beach towards the ocean. If my parents didn't realize soon enough and came running outside, I would have walked my ass straight into the atlantic ocean.

2) When my sister was born, her crib was located besides the window. Apparently, one night my parents heard my sister crying at night. They went to her room, and saw her climbing her crib towards the window facing the beach and the ocean. It was almost as if something or someone outside was calling her from the ocean. She wanted to crawl out the window and towards the ocean.

Just random, don't know if it means anything again.
I find it creepy for some reasons when seeing one of these houses along a river or ocean on the East Coast. I think it is because of Amityville the movie.

I just checked Google Street View and found the house looking quite nice now. Family living in that house must be feeling completely safe and sound.
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2017, 11:17 AM   #97
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep
Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II

Last night above Belgium it was 00:44 AM.. (story is no joke)

Last night I went outside on my terrace , the sky was bright and full of stars..
I thought wow, there are a lot of stars and more than we actually can imagine .
But suddenly !?!?!

I saw a very bright star and it was moving really fast ! And I was 100% sure it was no plane because it looked like a star, there was no noise and it was on +/- the same height as the other stars.
I looked on my watch and it was exactly 00:44 AM !
I could follow the strange object from the west to the east for about 30-45 secondes in the sky , and finally it flew out of my eyesight !

After this strange event I went back in my house and thought what I just saw is absolutely not normal ...
Went on Google for the strange object above Belgium , and for a moment I thought about an UFO !

A minute later I saw a link from *The International Space Station ISS* and I clicked on the link..
Gotcha ! It was The International Space Station ISS and it flew above Belgium from 00:42 till 00:44 .
Need to say it was really amazing !

BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2017, 02:34 PM   #98
bd307
Chef
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium View Post
Last night above Belgium it was 00:44 AM.. (story is no joke)

Last night I went outside on my terrace , the sky was bright and full of stars..
I thought wow, there are a lot of stars and more than we actually can imagine .
But suddenly !?!?!

I saw a very bright star and it was moving really fast ! And I was 100% sure it was no plane because it looked like a star, there was no noise and it was on +/- the same height as the other stars.
I looked on my watch and it was exactly 00:44 AM !
I could follow the strange object from the west to the east for about 30-45 secondes in the sky , and finally it flew out of my eyesight !

After this strange event I went back in my house and thought what I just saw is absolutely not normal ...
Went on Google for the strange object above Belgium , and for a moment I thought about an UFO !

A minute later I saw a link from *The International Space Station ISS* and I clicked on the link..
Gotcha ! It was The International Space Station ISS and it flew above Belgium from 00:42 till 00:44 .
Need to say it was really amazing !
So the ISS does fly over really fast?
Appreciate 1
      07-28-2017, 03:10 PM   #99
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bd307 View Post
So the ISS does fly over really fast?
Yeah , let us say +/- the speed of a big passenger airplane high in the sky . But keep in mind the ISS is a lot higher in the sky ..
You can see it in the sky for about 30-45 seconds .
The avarage altitude is 400km => *250 miles*
Orbital speed is 27,600 km/h => *17,200 mph*
Note: It looks fast , because in the first place we think it's a very bright star ...

The whole situation was actually strange , but also special and beautiful .

=> http://www.huffingtonpost.com/dr-ste...b_5341339.html
=> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intern..._Space_Station
Attached Images

BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.

Last edited by ///M Power-Belgium; 07-28-2017 at 03:15 PM..
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2017, 03:20 PM   #100
bd307
Chef
Rep

I've been lurking in another forum for this kind of stuff and been studying which telescope to get. First telescope. Wonder if those on Amazon for around $200 would allow me to see some detail of the ISS when it is over my area.
Appreciate 1
      07-28-2017, 03:28 PM   #101
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
I've been lurking in another forum for this kind of stuff and been studying which telescope to get. First telescope. Wonder if those on Amazon for around $200 would allow me to see some detail of the ISS when it is over my area.
You can Google it when ISS is over your area and over the rest of the world as well..

Appreciate 0
      07-29-2017, 07:01 PM   #102
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
ISS Live stream..

Appreciate 1
bd307927.00
      08-06-2017, 11:29 AM   #103
imserious
Major
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3 MR

Ok - I'll go. 3 experiences in the house I grew up in. I could only explain 1 of 3.

First about the house. I remember visiting the house when my parents were looking. I was probably 6. My parents were talking with the owner, a lady dressed in black like a funeral. Thought that was strange. The house had bars on all the windows. Yet it was in a nice golf course neighborhood. Nobody else had bars. Strange. We bought it. Nothing happened right away.

1 of 3
In my room, there is one window with thick curtains. One night I was woken up by a huge thud on the window. Sounded like someone punched the window. So hard the window reverberated. Curtain was drawn so I couldn't see what caused the noise. I was freaking out but didn't want to see what it was. I went back to sleep thinking back we had birds that would run into the windows during the day. That's what it sounded like. Maybe the moon was shining and a bird ran into the window? I checked outside my room the next day and I couldn't find any dead birds. They would usually be below my window.
Appreciate 2
Dan.E4625.00
shay2nak1070.00
      08-06-2017, 11:33 AM   #104
imserious
Major
Rep

2 of 3
One night I woke up to the sound of someone crying. I got up and walked out into the hallway. I had bad vision and wasn't wearing my glasses. The kitchen light was on and a woman was crying at the table. I called out, "mom!?" No response. I called out a few more times. No change. Woman was still crying. I was staring into the kitchen from my room to confirm I wasn't seeing things. Something felt not right. Instead of going into the kitchen to investigate further, I went back into my room and went back to sleep.

Actually the kitchen light wasn't on. It was more like a glow surrounding a person in the dark, like an interrogation scene from a movie.

Last edited by imserious; 08-09-2017 at 12:36 PM..
Appreciate 2
Dan.E4625.00
shay2nak1070.00
      08-06-2017, 11:37 AM   #105
imserious
Major
Rep

3 of 3
One night I was woken up by the sounds of chains and moaning. It sounded exactly like the ghosts of Christmas past type chains - something from a cartoon or movie. It was coming from the attic. I got up and went into the hallway. There is a ladder that leads up to the attic hatch. The chains meaning was coming from above the attic hatch basically right above my head. I stared for a few minutes to confirm I wasn't dreaming. I mean it sounded silly. But no I was wide awake and the sound was clear. Did I go into the attic? Hell no! I went back to sleep.

Funny thing. I never told my brother because he still lives there and I don't want to freak him out. Haha.
Appreciate 2
Dan.E4625.00
shay2nak1070.00
      08-09-2017, 12:04 AM   #106
Dan.E46
E46Fanatics OG
Australia
Rep

Garage List
^ WTF.... did you ask your mum if she knew anything about a crying woman? Strange how you heard and saw these things but your family didn't? Have they seen or heard anything?
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2017, 08:09 AM   #107
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep
Drives: Race car->

Mom and dad had a fight and they got freaky in the attic to make up. If I read into every little thing that happened as ghost I'd have 100s of stories.
Appreciate 1
imserious412.00
      08-09-2017, 08:21 AM   #108
Maynard
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 228iX & M2C

Lots of old houses used to have a separate 'apartment' for defective family members, especially in rural areas - remember that county homes, insane asylums, and TBI treatment centers had yet to become popular, so people home-confined them. Some of these were pretty rough - a friend of mine lived in an old farmhouse with the remnants of what can only be called a cell in the attic, complete with the big steel ring for the neck-chain bolted to the floor (retarded or birth-defect child lived entire life up in the attic, per history). It was a pretty creepy house; they would often come down in the morning and find a handful of pennies scattered across the kitchen floor, lots of chain/scraping noises from attic, etc. Old farmhouses have pretty rough histories - the suicide, murder, and accidental death rates are/were high enough that I'd think the majority of them have some pretty grim stories. This house was on a road with about 10 others, and my friend could rattle off the suicides, murder-suicides, and accidental deaths for each of them - none w/o something, most with several.
Appreciate 2
Doc Oc1420.00
shay2nak1070.00
      08-09-2017, 12:31 PM   #109
imserious
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan.E46 View Post
^ WTF.... did you ask your mum if she knew anything about a crying woman? Strange how you heard and saw these things but your family didn't? Have they seen or heard anything?
I never talked to my family about any of it. I think I was afraid of confirmation and would rather assume none of it was real.
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2017, 12:38 PM   #110
bd307
Chef
Rep

I would have asked mom if she was crying or mediating last night the very next morning.

And which one of the three incidents you could explain and what did you find out?
Appreciate 0