BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Paranormal/Supernatural/Unexplained experiences

07-10-2017, 11:41 AM   #23
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite

I was living at the beach alone, there were a few times where I woke up to an "entity" sitting on my chest. It would have been a rather large cat, and had red glowing eyes, although I never actually saw it. This only happened in one room, and there were times when my real cat would not enter that room.

Shortly after my wife told me she was pregnant, I would wake up early in the morning and place my hand on her belly and "talk" to the baby. I kept hearing "Harley, Harley, Harley." I talked to some people about it. They told me to talk to the baby before the next Dr. visit to see if there was anything. I got this vision of scaffolding going up, someone there with a hardhat and plans, and a bunch of trash all around the site. I told this to my wife before we went. Dr. came in and said the baby was growing well, but my wife's pH was high and she needed more water. That day my son became Harlee.
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2017, 12:46 PM   #24
kscarrol
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 X3 M40i, 1974 2002 Tii

^ Hypoglycemia?
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2017, 02:21 PM   #25
UncleWede
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by kscarrol View Post
^ Hypoglycemia?
First one MAYBE, but doesn't explain my cat. He actually saved me the last time I rode in the ambulance. Estranged wife came to house looking for me because I didn't answer phone, and cat lead her to me passed out on bed. IIRC, bs was at 28
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2017, 02:23 PM   #26
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep
Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II

Quote:
Originally Posted by kscarrol View Post
^ Hypoglycemia?
No , he was drunk

BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2017, 02:36 PM   #27
Doc Oc
Captain Fatbelly
United_States
Rep
Drives: C63 amg

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleWede View Post
I was living at the beach alone, there were a few times where I woke up to an "entity" sitting on my chest. It would have been a rather large cat, and had red glowing eyes, although I never actually saw it. This only happened in one room, and there were times when my real cat would not enter that room.

Shortly after my wife told me she was pregnant, I would wake up early in the morning and place my hand on her belly and "talk" to the baby. I kept hearing "Harley, Harley, Harley." I talked to some people about it. They told me to talk to the baby before the next Dr. visit to see if there was anything. I got this vision of scaffolding going up, someone there with a hardhat and plans, and a bunch of trash all around the site. I told this to my wife before we went. Dr. came in and said the baby was growing well, but my wife's pH was high and she needed more water. That day my son became Harlee.
Very interesting. I had a similar experience when in my early 20's. A coworker claimed his 100+ year old house was haunted. Being an interested skeptic I asked him to let me spend a night or two on his couch. First night we are in his living room watching Friday the 13th and I make a remark like "where's your ghost at Bob?" and immediately his television turns off for no reason and then his German Shepard exited the room very quickly. That tripped me out but I spent the night anyway. About 2 am I awoke with a massive pressure on my chest. Like someone had just sat down on me. Couldn't see anything but I couldn't move for about a minute. Thrn it disappeared as if nothing happened. I got out of dodge immediately and never went back. My friends said sleep paralysis but it's never happened again in the 25 years since so I am not sold on that explanation.

2008 dct coupe, evolve engine/dct tune, ttp, ms intake, megan exhaust, cf ds. Sold.
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2017, 08:46 PM   #28
Alfisti
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2008 Saab 9-3 Combi

The shit people believe in fucking amazes me.

Ghosts and spirits and gods and sky daddies and all that garbage. We get eat by bugs, end of fucking story.
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2017, 11:04 PM   #29
Mingwan
Major
Rep
Drives: X1 Individual custom paint

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Oc View Post
Very interesting. I had a similar experience when in my early 20's. A coworker claimed his 100+ year old house was haunted. Being an interested skeptic I asked him to let me spend a night or two on his couch. First night we are in his living room watching Friday the 13th and I make a remark like "where's your ghost at Bob?" and immediately his television turns off for no reason and then his German Shepard exited the room very quickly. That tripped me out but I spent the night anyway. About 2 am I awoke with a massive pressure on my chest. Like someone had just sat down on me. Couldn't see anything but I couldn't move for about a minute. Thrn it disappeared as if nothing happened. I got out of dodge immediately and never went back. My friends said sleep paralysis but it's never happened again in the 25 years since so I am not sold on that explanation.
I would say that your experience while sleeping was likely a result of sleep paralysis, though researchers don't seem to quite know what causes the hallucinations while being paralyzed. A typical symptom of sleep paralysis is difficulty breathing which could explain the heavy chest feeling. I've experienced something similar as well where I was sleeping then it felt like I woke up, but I wasn't able to move. I was heavily breathing, and noticed an extremely dark figure near the door way which began rushing towards my bed. I woke up screaming at the top of my lungs. Strangely, my girlfriend was sleeping with me at the time and she had the same experience. Sleep paralysis is a major reason why I refuse to practice lucid dreaming.
Appreciate 1
MKSixer34171.50
      07-10-2017, 11:11 PM   #30
Mingwan
Major
Rep
Drives: X1 Individual custom paint

Appreciate 0
      07-11-2017, 12:06 AM   #31
someguywithanm3
Private
Rep
Drives: E92

I never believed in that stuff until a few years ago. I mean, we all hear stories from other people, but we usually remain pretty skeptical. I used to hear about this ghost lady that walked near some rooms in my grandma's house. Supposedly, you could see her walking away from you. My mother, aunt, sister, grandmother,etc claimed they saw her. Now I've stayed in a room near the haunted area, but I never saw nor heard anything. So it was hard to believe, but there then I started experiencing some stuff and saw some things that were pretty difficult to dismiss.

I'll name a few in no particular order. You can believe me or not or call me insane.

1. I felt this really bad feeling once while working. It was really strange and it felt as though something was trying to get my attention. Later that day, I found out a friend of mine was killed in a robbery that occurred in another country around the same time that weird feeling kicked in.

2. I lost someone close to me. I spent the night of her death in her room. I was awake and I saw this grey figure in the corner of the room. Well, it started moving towards me. I thought it was my tired eyes. I turned away in bed and then I felt weight added to the bed as if someone sat down next to me and then laid down. I spoke to the deceased and said something like, "it's okay, go rest." And it went away.

3. I saw a photo of a ghostly little girl in an old style dress near the front door of an acquaintance's house. The family always claimed their house was haunted by an older man and a young girl. This image was presented to me on their digital camera. The lady said she started praying around the house and that they went away shortly after.

I'll stop here, I won't go into the small "miracles" I've witnessed, but I do believe that there is something else out there. Also, I do believe this world did not come about by accident and that it was a case of intelligent design. But I'm not here to argue about religion or science. That would be pointless...
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2017, 12:17 AM   #32
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep
Drives: Race car->

There was a sasquatch sighting this past weekend in bellIngham plus I'm an alien
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2017, 06:43 AM   #33
Axius
Banned
Seychelles
Rep
Drives: 612 Scaglietti

Saw bigfoot when we were camping on year back in the mountains of NC. Police said it was the acid, but to this day I'll never believe them.
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2017, 06:48 AM   #34
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1MOREMOD View Post
There was a sasquatch sighting this past weekend in bellIngham plus I'm an alien
Yep , your avatar shows you are in Prometheus .

BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2017, 07:29 AM   #35
nyalpine90
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: MY24 G01 AW Msport

Garage List
2016 BMW X4  [9.33]
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2017, 12:18 PM   #36
UncleWede
United_States
Rep

On the sleep paralysis, I know there isn't an explanation yet. But like Doc, I only have ever experienced it in that one apartment, and I only ever experienced it in the one room. That room was the guest bedroom, but sometimes I slept in there just because I didn't' want to spend all that money on a bed and not use it. Also could hear the waves at night a little better thru that window. Can't recall if anyone but myself and the cat ever slept on that damn bed. . .
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2017, 01:05 PM   #37
BMW F22
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///M235i

Don't know if this counts. Some of this was experienced first hand and some told to me by other family members.

1. I used to have this dream as a kid growing up in Vietnam. The dream is that I'm sleeping out on the second floor with my parents and siblings (4 floors total). Then I woke up, looked outside oke of the windows and saw these black demonds with pointed tails (kinda like the flying monkeys in Oz). I've never seen the movie until I moved to the US so it can't be that. Anyway, they would circle the house and broke in. Then I remember what someone told me about how if you do the Buddha sign it would drive bad things away. So I did that in the dream but it was a struggle, almost like sleep paralysis. After some time I finally did it and all those demons disappeared. The weird thing was that i started having that dream out of nowhere and it occurred over and over and over for a few years until we moved to the US (on average I would say once a month).

2. Same ordeal happened in the states. We lived in an apartment for a few years. First it was fine. Then all of a sudden I had a dream where we're once again sleeping on the floor in the living room. I woke up and heard noises in the restroom. Went in there and saw ghostly figures and they pulled me in. Scared, I tried doing the Buddha sign and once again it's a struggle. After a while I managed to get it done and the figures disappeared. That dream occurred pretty often for a year or two until we moved to a different place.

3. Grandparents had a huge home in our home city in VN, this was where I spent most of my childhood. House has been in our family for generations. My uncle and previous family members passed away there. On the second floor there's a room with shrines in them. Evey now and then I would go up and light up some incense and pray to show respect. But every time I do it and bolt out after 30 seconds because I always felt there was a presence there. The energy always felt heavy and that someone was watching. My cousins and younger brother all told me the same thing many times. They sold the house some years ago and it was torn down and subdivided into 4 plots (I wish they hadn't as the house has been in our family for so long). The neighbors told me during one of my previous trips back that when the house was first torn down, the guard would hear sound of a woman crying in the area where used to be stairs leading up to the upper floors.

4. There's this house in NorCal that's supposedly very haunted. Not sure what happened but it's been sold a few times and every time the new owners would move out after a few months. Reports said that they would go to bed at night in their bedroom and wake up outside in the driveway. After that the house sat on the market for years and hasn't been sold. Now it has 3 huge rocks in the middle of the driveway to warn people not to go there.

Although I haven't really experienced anything crazy, I can't dismiss it and say that it's silly because if many people have experienced it, there's gotta be some truth in it. It's always the same thing. Look at history: anyone that believed the earth was round was crazy; anyone who thought that the sun was the center of the universe was crazy, etc.

Last edited by BMW F22; 07-11-2017 at 01:15 PM..
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2017, 04:11 PM   #38
bd307
Chef
Rep
Drives: Things with wheels or no wheel

Joined the ghost tour to Goodsprings, NV. Been waiting to go even since Ghost Adventures did their lock out in there few years ago.

Finally had the chance to do the tour in April 2016.

I believe in paranormal, but have never encountered anything weird/strange up until that night during the tour.

The tour guide brings us to different parts of the town (Goodsprings) that were "haunted" with historic stories behind them. Nothing much were special in the beginning until we reached to the house where mine workers would stay in. It is a small house, but many workers would stay in that place and call in hookers to spend a few moments with them (all while other workers were in that same little house).

It was a decent night with temperature around 65F and no wind . We would share an infrared thermometer as the tour guide told us to use it throughout the tour. For those of us into paranormal stuff, you would know the temperature tends to be very chilly when entities are around.

I was pointing the infrared thermometer toward different parts of the house (we would only be allowed to stay outside because it is a historic protected building by Neveda). Most parts of the house show normal temp. showing temperature of around 50-55F until I pointed to a few parts of the house where the thermometer was showing -11F and -20F. My friends saw what the numbers and I handed them the thermometer. The friend who has the thermometer immediately after me was able to replicate the same sub zero temperatures, but not with my two other friends after.

Building was built with sheet metals and wooden posts in case you wonder.

They handed out EVP machines as well, but I am super suspicious with those.

The tour ended in the Goodsprings cemetery.

Nothing unusual inside the cemetery and we asked some questions about paranormals in cemeteries. Tour guide explained to us that paranormal activities are basically non-existence in cemeteries because that is the resting place for the physical bodies of the dead. Ghosts would only be appeared near where they died or places that they miss the most.

There is a flag pole in the cemetery where the tips of it could reach temperature of -50F at times. We tried and the lowest we reached was -20F.

Enjoy some of the photos I snapped during the tour.
Attached Images

Last edited by bd307; 07-12-2017 at 01:15 PM..
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2017, 04:22 PM   #39
UncleWede
United_States
Rep

I forgot one story:

On the way to Magic Mountain from my house there is a very distinctive house just off the freeway. Before I had ever seen this house, or been to Magic Mountain, I had seen this house in a nightmare. 1MOREMOD 's buddies were doing unimaginable things to cows.

That first time I drove by, and saw the cows on the hillside I nearly broke out in tears, both for the cows and for fear of the evil that lurked there.
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2017, 04:30 PM   #40
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bd307 View Post
Joined the ghost tour to Goodsprings, NV. Been waiting to go even since Ghost Adventures did their lock out in there few years ago.

Finally had the chance to do the tour in April 2016.

I believe in paranormal, but have never encountered anything weird/strange up until that night during the tour.

The tour guide brings us to different parts of the town (Goodsprings) that were "haunted" with historic stories behind them. Nothing much were special in the beginning until we reached to the house where mine workers would stay in. It is a small house, but many workers would stay in that place and call in hookers to spend a few moments with them (all while other workers were in that same little house).

It was a decent night with temperature around 65F and no wind . We would share an infrared thermometer as the tour guide told us to use it throughout the tour. For those of us into paranormal stuff, you would know the temperature tends to be very chilly when entities are around.

I was pointing the infrared thermometer toward different parts of the house (we would only be allowed to stay outside because it is a historic protected building by Neveda). Most parts of the house show normal temp. showing temperature of around 50-55F until I pointed to a few parts of the house where the thermometer was showing -11F and -20F. My friends saw what the numbers and I handed them the thermometer. The friend who has the thermometer immediately after me was able to replicate the same sub zero temperatures, but not with my two other friends after.

Building was built with sheet metals and wooden posts in case you wonder.

They handed out EVP machines as well, but I am super suspicious with those.

The tour ended in the Goodsprings cemetery.

Nothing unusual inside the cemetery and we asked some questions about paranormals in cemeteries. Tour guide explained to us that paranormal activities are basically non-existence in cemeteries because that is the resting place for the physical bodies of the dead. Ghosts would only be appeared near where they died or places that they miss the most.

There is a flag pole in the cemetery where the tips of it could reach temperature of -50F at times. We tried and the lowest we reach was -20F.

Enjoy some of the photos I snapped during the tour.

Pics are invisible ! Is this part of this thread ?

Appreciate 0
      07-11-2017, 04:47 PM   #41
BMW F22
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium View Post
Pics are invisible ! Is this part of this thread ?
Haha niice. It's unexplainable...
Appreciate 1
      07-11-2017, 04:51 PM   #42
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW F22 View Post
Haha niice. It's unexplainable...
Paranormal !

Appreciate 0
      07-11-2017, 05:08 PM   #43
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep
Drives: Race car->

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleWede View Post
I forgot one story:

On the way to Magic Mountain from my house there is a very distinctive house just off the freeway. Before I had ever seen this house, or been to Magic Mountain, I had seen this house in a nightmare. 1MOREMOD 's buddies were doing unimaginable things to cows.

That first time I drove by, and saw the cows on the hillside I nearly broke out in tears, both for the cows and for fear of the evil that lurked there.
What did I do?
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2017, 05:30 PM   #44
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1MOREMOD View Post
What did I do?
You stood behind a goat .

Appreciate 0