this made up my mind.
Appreciate 1
///Cardia299.50
      07-31-2017, 10:37 PM   #90
DoggieHowser
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F87 Pure F20 125i MSport 2017

I haven't heard the Remus on the M2 but on my old Evo8MR, the exhaust note was the most beautiful sounding exhaust system I ever heard on the Evo - including HKS, Apexi. The Japanese ones all made better power but the Remus had a nice bassy note that made it nice to rev out.
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2017, 04:11 AM   #91
Prodigy.
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: ///M2

JLX who's in Sydney has Remus on his and loves it...i am still yet to decide on an exhaust but i think Remus for me is just edging ahead.

Build quality appears superior and not having to cut the midpipe to fit it is a big bonus.
Appreciate 1
JLX70.50
      08-01-2017, 04:36 AM   #92
jav_au
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M2

Has anyone heard an eisenmann in the flesh? It sounds pretty awesome in the videos. It doesn't require cutting of the midpipe however its multiple pieces are held together by clamps (i guess to be able to make shipping easier?) I really hate clamps for exhausts!!!!!
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2017, 05:43 AM   #93
Prodigy.
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jav_au View Post
Has anyone heard an eisenmann in the flesh? It sounds pretty awesome in the videos. It doesn't require cutting of the midpipe however its multiple pieces are held together by clamps (i guess to be able to make shipping easier?) I really hate clamps for exhausts!!!!!
You may not like the Remus then as that also comes in multiple pieces clamped together.
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2017, 08:14 AM   #94
dz89
Private
Australia
Rep
Drives: '11 E92 M3 - 6MT

Remus was definitely more of a grunty/beefier sound on the e92! The akra was very tinny and almost sounded cheap imo.

I'd have no hesitations going a Remus again
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2017, 08:31 AM   #95
jav_au
Private First Class
Rep

I found the akra to sound amazing on my e90 m3. I prefer the higher pitch more raspy sounds as opposed to fully deep boomy exhausts. Perhaps akra is to my liking then. I tho k eisenmann might be similar.
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2017, 09:18 AM   #96
///Cardia
///M Power
United_States
Rep
Drives: N55 F87

[QUOTE=DoggieHowser;22015517]
DoggieHowser,

Thank you for the Akra vs. MPE upload.

I think it draws me closer to a conclusion as well.
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2017, 10:07 PM   #97
JLX
Private
Rep
Drives: '17 F87 M2 DCT

Garage List
2017 BMW M2  [9.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigy. View Post
JLX who's in Sydney has Remus on his and loves it...i am still yet to decide on an exhaust but i think Remus for me is just edging ahead.

Build quality appears superior and not having to cut the midpipe to fit it is a big bonus.
My car's garaged until September, happy to let Sydney people hear the Remus in person then!
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2017, 02:37 AM   #98
vim16v
Vim
Australia
Rep
Drives: MG 2018 LCI M2

Garage List
2018 BMW M2 LCI  [0.00]
My Mineral Grey LCI is docking 25th Aug so should have it first week Sept latest.
Originally I was scheduled for June build (non LCI) but I found out about the LCI from another dealer.

Stern words were spoken with my dealer sales manager. Managed to change to LCI build and $2.5k discount + tints and paint protection (not that I care for PP)

Few years ago I bought a Porsche Macan also high demand vehicle no discounts but Porsche threw in $2k+ extras and paraphilia. I told my BMW dealer I want the Porsche experience...
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2017, 06:25 AM   #99
David.m
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M2 LCI 6MT BSM

Guess your car is also on the ship 'Tomar'? Scheduled to dock at Fremantle tomorrow and my dealer tells me my car comes off on the 22nd (where ever it docks for Sydney delivery), then another 2 to 2.5weeks till I take delivery.

Haven't yet made up my mind re PPF, a couple of friends with nice cars have suggested I save the $ and just accept stone chips etc, spend the money on paint in the future. However I'm leaning towards getting a near full wrap of Suntek as I'm keeping the car long term and want to be able to enjoy (& park) it without worrying about stones and carpark scratches.
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2017, 01:26 AM   #100
vim16v
Vim
Australia
Rep
Drives: MG 2018 LCI M2

Garage List
2018 BMW M2 LCI  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by David.m View Post
Guess your car is also on the ship 'Tomar'? Scheduled to dock at Fremantle tomorrow and my dealer tells me my car comes off on the 22nd (where ever it docks for Sydney delivery), then another 2 to 2.5weeks till I take delivery.

Haven't yet made up my mind re PPF, a couple of friends with nice cars have suggested I save the $ and just accept stone chips etc, spend the money on paint in the future. However I'm leaning towards getting a near full wrap of Suntek as I'm keeping the car long term and want to be able to enjoy (& park) it without worrying about stones and carpark scratches.

Yeah that's right, the car is on the Tomar. Like you said according to marrinetraffic.com docks Fremantle tonight.
I remember tracking my Golf R 7 years ago the same way.. lol
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2017, 03:35 AM   #101
V.Smurf
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: M2 LBB DCT (LCI) | X3 30i

Hi David.m & vim16v
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by vim16v View Post
Yeah that's right, the car is on the Tomar. Like you said according to marrinetraffic.com docks Fremantle tonight.
I remember tracking my Golf R 7 years ago the same way.. lol
Congrats on the pending arrival - I'll bet you are super excited to see your new toy nearing its destination. May I ask how long after production did you get a shipping date ... and then how long after production did it take to actually get onto a ship...? I think production is about to complete on mine, so I'm keen to find out how long I have to wait until I can start to track the car

Quote:
I spent a lot of time today discussing this with the (fantastic) detailer who'll do my car when it arrives. I was keen to get part of the car wrapped, but he was of the view that this really isn't necessary. What was interesting was that he said that the cost of wrapping the front bumper and then getting it resprayed in 4 years as about the same. Guess it depends on how long you're going to keep the car..?

I've seen the posts on here about thin paint ... I haven't yet finally decided, but have thought to put those $'s towards something like a rear diffuser.

Anyway, just some very fresh advice I got and its passed on FWIW.

Congrats again - looking forward to seeing your pix!

Cheers,
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2017, 03:59 AM   #102
DoggieHowser
First Lieutenant
Rep

Get the paint protection film

Then you never have to worry.
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2017, 05:54 AM   #103
David.m
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by V.Smurf View Post
Hi David.m & vim16v

May I ask how long after production did you get a shipping date ... and then how long after production did it take to actually get onto a ship...?

I spent a lot of time today discussing this with the (fantastic) detailer who'll do my car when it arrives. I was keen to get part of the car wrapped, but he was of the view that this really isn't necessary. What was interesting was that he said that the cost of wrapping the front bumper and then getting it resprayed in 4 years as about the same. Guess it depends on how long you're going to keep the car..?

I've seen the posts on here about thin paint ... I haven't yet finally decided, but have thought to put those $'s towards something like a rear diffuser.

Anyway, just some very fresh advice I got and its passed on FWIW.

Congrats again - looking forward to seeing your pix!

Cheers,
Hi V, mine started production in the week commencing 3 July, 3 weeks later I received an email advising it was scheduled to come off the ship 22 August. I really didn't make other inquiries except last week when I was at the dealer testing if my golf clubs would fit in the boot, my sales rep looked up their system to tell me the ship name.

I've had conflicting advise re the ppf. Downsides are upfront cost and if you get panel damage requiring painting they will have to remove film from undamaged areas to blend in the metallic paint. A panel beater friend said to save the $ for respray down the track.

On the other hand, I'm thinking of doing the whole car (except maybe roof/boot) reasoning that aside from the obvious stone chip resistance I'll also have protection from abrasions/opening doors in carparks + idiots who 'touch park'. Paintless repairs are pretty amazing these days so I figure if the film prevents paint damage in small dents from carpark doors & the like it's much better to simply get a paintless repair & replace the film as opposed to spraying half the side of the car.

The car will be my DD I hope for 10+ yrs, if ppf saves the car from needing paint for 8-10yrs (by when I'm guessing the film may want replacing to keep it's gloss finish) I think it is money well spent. Quotes I've had for Suntek range from $4k for whole car down to $3k excluding roof/boot.

Others will prefer to save the $ get their car painted.
Appreciate 1
V.Smurf162.00
      08-18-2017, 05:59 AM   #104
DoggieHowser
First Lieutenant
Rep

Even after you respray the car it will still be susceptible to damage immediately after. No?
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2017, 06:15 AM   #105
Prodigy.
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep

I'd much prefer to protect the original paint using ppf than having to respray down the track. I've seen very few respray jobs that I've thought are flawless or on par with original paint work plus many people will unfortunately associate a respray with accident repair.

I just went with ppf on the front bumper and behind the rear wheels as these areas will take the most pounding from stones, i'd also recommend the side skirts as well as these seem to also take a hammering.
Appreciate 1
V.Smurf162.00
      08-18-2017, 09:58 PM   #106
V.Smurf
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: M2 LBB DCT (LCI) | X3 30i

Hi David.m,
Quote:
Hi V, mine started production in the week commencing 3 July, 3 weeks later I received an email advising it was scheduled to come off the ship 22 August. I really didn't make other inquiries except last week when I was at the dealer testing if my golf clubs would fit in the boot, my sales rep looked up their system to tell me the ship name.
Thanks - appreciate the information. I'll use it as a guide, but just to clarify do you know what week build your car is/was? It seems the build week = completion week (July 3 = Week 27) ... mine entered production on 8-Aug (its a Week 34 build = August 21), so I'm currently exercising restraint before calling the dealer to ask about shipping!

Quote:
I've had conflicting advise re the ppf.
I'm with you on the conflicting advice: there are plenty of folks in this forum who are advising to proceed with the filming, and I totally respect their judgement. As I said, the advice was offered FWIW as it came from someone whom I admire immensely for both his ethics and the quality of his work, and whom I believe is not inexperienced in the area.

Quote:
Downsides are upfront cost and if you get panel damage requiring painting they will have to remove film from undamaged areas to blend in the metallic paint.
These downsides were explained to me as well. The other downside that isn't there, which was offered, is that the PPF does not stop stone chips. The detailer told me that he had filmed the front bumper on his BMW Z4M, but that the reason he had done so, was due to the type of driving he did, and where he did it. And in spite of the film, he still has got stone chips. For reference, he has used XPEL and had it professional applied (not by him).

Quote:
A panel beater friend said to save the $ for respray down the track.
Exactly the advice I was given, however it was free of a conflict of interest A panel beater clearly likes multiple visits!

Quote:
On the other hand, I'm thinking of doing the whole car (except maybe roof/boot) reasoning that aside from the obvious stone chip resistance I'll also have protection from abrasions/opening doors in carparks + idiots who 'touch park'. Paintless repairs are pretty amazing these days so I figure if the film prevents paint damage in small dents from carpark doors & the like it's much better to simply get a paintless repair & replace the film as opposed to spraying half the side of the car.
I was actually thinking of doing everything ahead of the windscreen, plus rear bumper (picking up Prodigy's good advice). In the 9 years of owning a dark blue Lexus, the car has been free of stone chips, save for the bonnet/bumper bar ... however, some asshole put their grocery bag on the boot of my car at the shops and scratched it right up. Its really easy to see, particularly given how free of defects the rest of the car is.

Quote:
Others will prefer to save the $ get their car painted.
The equation that plays in my mind, is that I can spend of stuff that may avoid paint chipping, or spend on things that will give me pleasure (like a rear diffuser). Like you, I intend to keep the car for 8-10 years ... but I've not totally made up my mind yet on whether to PPF the front bumper (only). Depends on the cost of the MPE Rear Diffuser ...

Hi Prodigy,
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigy. View Post
I just went with ppf on the front bumper and behind the rear wheels as these areas will take the most pounding from stones, i'd also recommend the side skirts as well as these seem to also take a hammering.
Good advice that I am still considering. Haven't reached a final decision point, but the front bumper is certainly under active consideration. Just dealing with what I do with the front number plate at the moment

Cheers!
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2017, 12:07 AM   #107
jav_au
Private First Class
Rep

As someone who used to be very heavy into the detailing scene doing all my own cars and spending copious (ergh it hurts looking at all the $$$ of products and machines in my garage) I think PPF is not for me. Personally because I know whilst PPF is near invisible and will help protect somewhat (I'm pretty sure it's not a miracle maker) the clarity will never be 100% as optimal as no film. I'm going down the route of Gtechniq Crystal Serum coating with exo on top for the ultimate look and hydrophobic properties. Now granted my car will not be a daily driver and rarely driven is another consideration. I also have the ability to fix stone chips very well with touch up paint wet sanding then compounding and polishing. It's horses for courses I suppose and if you drive roads that are notorious for debris and trucks etc and are commuting a lot with the car it may be worthwhile. I am in the camp of avoiding resprsys if possible which may seem contradictory but I'm hoping the coating will be enough. Crystal serum seems bloody rock hard. There's no doubts PPF is getting ever better in durability and clarity and maybe one day I will look at it. I would probably only consider doing the front bumper and maybe bonnet?
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2017, 01:20 AM   #108
Thevintage
Private
Rep
Drives: 1998 840ci

Quote:
Originally Posted by jav_au View Post
As someone who used to be very heavy into the detailing scene doing all my own cars and spending copious (ergh it hurts looking at all the $$$ of products and machines in my garage) I think PPF is not for me. Personally because I know whilst PPF is near invisible and will help protect somewhat (I'm pretty sure it's not a miracle maker) the clarity will never be 100% as optimal as no film. I'm going down the route of Gtechniq Crystal Serum coating with exo on top for the ultimate look and hydrophobic properties. Now granted my car will not be a daily driver and rarely driven is another consideration. I also have the ability to fix stone chips very well with touch up paint wet sanding then compounding and polishing. It's horses for courses I suppose and if you drive roads that are notorious for debris and trucks etc and are commuting a lot with the car it may be worthwhile. I am in the camp of avoiding resprsys if possible which may seem contradictory but I'm hoping the coating will be enough. Crystal serum seems bloody rock hard. There's no doubts PPF is getting ever better in durability and clarity and maybe one day I will look at it. I would probably only consider doing the front bumper and maybe bonnet?
Had my car done with PPF with a company in Sydney,Clearshield in Castle hill,does all dealer work for the Ferrari,Lamborghini,Maserati and Audi ,also heaps of BMW and Merc.

Most people cannot even tell it has PPF,the paint looks just the same as any M2 ,been side by side with 4 LBB cars and you could not tell.

http://clear-shield.com.au/ Are just about to finish PPF moving to a spray finish product applied in automotive spray booth ,no seams/edges,can also be applied in any colour,PPF film is 80 microns spray on product 120 microns,seen a few car done amazing product,can be removed at anytime with no damage to factory paint .
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2017, 02:53 AM   #109
David.m
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Hi David.m,

Thanks - appreciate the information. I'll use it as a guide, but just to clarify do you know what week build your car is/was? It seems the build week = completion week (July 3 = Week 27) ... mine entered production on 8-Aug (its a Week 34 build = August 21), so I'm currently exercising restraint before calling the dealer to ask about shipping!
Earlier on I was told Week 27 or 28, I never asked which once told production had started. The uncertainty I think related BMW bring forward production of the LCI model and I was getting their first LCI allocation.
Appreciate 1
V.Smurf162.00
      08-20-2017, 03:12 AM   #110
David.m
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Hi David.m,

The equation that plays in my mind, is that I can spend of stuff that may avoid paint chipping,
Cheers!
I don't think there is any doubt that film will prevent stone damage, at least up to a point where rock size/speed of impact becomes too great, you've just got to hope those big rocks don't come your way! I've not been able to find any credible claim that any of the non-ppf paint treatments will reduce risk of stone/impact damage.
Appreciate 0