BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M2 Forum > M2 Photos, Videos and Builds > BSM LCI M2

08-09-2017, 05:51 PM   #23
Tag
this is the way
Rep
Drives: N-1 starfighter

Honestly don't know why this continues to come up over and over again. It's been posted numerous times in numerous threads. The cluster is not digital, but yes the bottom screen is.

Here's a high-res pic of the M240i cluster which is the same as the M2 except for the color scheme. Notice the bottom portion is pixelated, because that's the part which is LCD while the speedometer/tachometer are backlit analog gauges.

Appreciate 1
Artemis28911.50
      08-09-2017, 06:11 PM   #24
mrmjk
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 Sapphire Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1mmaniac View Post
read my post again, it's not about the car in the vid but about the iDrive menu.
I'll repeat it: height and rotation regarding the LCD in the instrument cluster do not make sense, there's nothing to rotate. They make sense regarding a HUD, that's what i said
Read my post again. First of all I never replied directly to your statement. Secondly I have an LCI in my garage right now, so I am sure the Head Up display is not an option for the M2, even the LCI.

If we respond to your statement about the settings for the HUD, that is correct, just not for this car as there is NO HUD for the M2. That's all I am saying as I know some of you might get excited for the HUD on the new M2. In reality, there is none.
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2017, 06:12 PM   #25
mrmjk
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 Sapphire Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tag View Post
Honestly don't know why this continues to come up over and over again. It's been posted numerous times in numerous threads. The cluster is not digital, but yes the bottom screen is.

Here's a high-res pic of the M240i cluster which is the same as the M2 except for the color scheme. Notice the bottom portion is pixelated, because that's the part which is LCD while the speedometer/tachometer are backlit analog gauges.

I can confirm. This is correct.
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2017, 06:49 PM   #26
1mmaniac
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 1m

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmjk View Post
Read my post again. First of all I never replied directly to your statement. Secondly I have an LCI in my garage right now, so I am sure the Head Up display is not an option for the M2, even the LCI.

If we respond to your statement about the settings for the HUD, that is correct, just not for this car as there is NO HUD for the M2. That's all I am saying as I know some of you might get excited for the HUD on the new M2. In reality, there is none.
ok then you've misinterpreted my post, never said M2 would have HUD. Just said those exaxt iDrive options are for HUD, not for the cluster display.

So we agree that normally there shouldn't be a HUD on a M2.
Appreciate 1
mrmjk125.50
      08-09-2017, 07:09 PM   #27
Groby Gruger
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 730d M Sport (G11), M2 LCI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
Effort appreciated.

Some inaccuracies, though. For example, the M2 LCI doesn't feature a Head-Up Display. And there's also no "TFT"/"digital" instrument cluster (it's black panel - backlit; only the OBC beneath the gauges is digital).

Peculiarity:
Attachment 1671695
I had a similar issue when taking delivery of one of my 7 series. I think the trip read 17 miles while the odometer read 5. Something fishy being done by dealerships?
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2017, 08:39 PM   #28
DoggieHowser
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F87 Pure F20 125i MSport 2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
Effort appreciated.

Peculiarity:
Attachment 1671695
I can't find the equivalent in the M2 but in my wife's Sat Navigation Business (smaller screen) 125i, there is a vehicle information screen which shows the mileage and it is higher than the one in the odometer of the car. Maybe it got reset somewhere along the line (like when the car leaves the factory and when it gets loaded on the boat) but the trip computer wasn't reset at the same time
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2017, 09:46 PM   #29
Artemis
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoggieHowser View Post
I can't find the equivalent in the M2 but in my wife's Sat Navigation Business (smaller screen) 125i, there is a vehicle information screen which shows the mileage and it is higher than the one in the odometer of the car. Maybe it got reset somewhere along the line (like when the car leaves the factory and when it gets loaded on the boat) but the trip computer wasn't reset at the same time
Ha, alike everyone's existence age getting reset at the date of birth: "Nah, those 'womb months' don't count; let's avoid cheezy «Happy conception date to you !» songs; today is your Day 1, which you may celebrate annually from now on; it will make you feel a few months younger."
      09-17-2017, 09:42 AM   #30
look585
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M2CS

Garage List
2020 BMW M2 CS  [10.00]
It's nice but I would rather have the analog style gauges.
Appreciate 1
///Cardia299.50
      09-17-2017, 10:01 AM   #31
///Cardia
///M Power
United_States
Rep
Drives: N55 F87

Quote:
Originally Posted by hogger453 View Post
It's nice but I would rather have the analog style gauges.
Yep, with the infamous M red needles!
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2017, 01:45 PM   #32
look585
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M2CS

Garage List
2020 BMW M2 CS  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///Cardia View Post
Yep, with the infamous M red needles!