BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M2 Forum > BMW M2 Discussions > Driving in the rain ?

11-08-2016, 12:57 PM   #45
3Si
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 16 M2, 16 Macan S, 08 Elise SC

For daily driving:

Considering both have good tires for the rain or snow, AWD will have advantage during initial grip from a stop. Most present AWD system will help when they sense a slip.

AWD will not help hydroplane or braking, and as many have stated, tires is your only solution.

For the track:

AWD will also get the advantage in corners as it allows you to confidently put down more power exiting a corner.

To sum it up, just drive sensibly and you will be fine. If you do get a chance, attend a Safety Driving course on a wet track. It will give you a much better idea of how your car will handle in wet situations.
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2018, 12:10 AM   #46
Anthony1s
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2018 Mineral Grey M2

My advise is go out in the rain in sport+ mode have some fun. The car is extremely easy to fishtail in the rain by giving it some gas in 1st and 2nd gear. So do it and get used to how the car behaves. Learn how much gas you need to apply to break the tires and rear end lose. Because if something like that happens and it wasn't intentional, you're gonna be too shocked to recover otherwise.

Driving mine in the rain is some of the most fun I've had. Right now I'm only kicking the rear end out from standstills. For example, say I'm at a red light or stop sign that I'm turning at. Just be aware of cars around you and keep your speed low to prevent major accidents and damage.
Appreciate 0