BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
M2 Technical Topics > Cosmetic Modifications > M LED Door Projector Lights

04-20-2017, 05:42 AM   #1
D CHOI
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW M2

Lightbulb M LED Door Projector Lights

I got M door projector lights installed from the port and I must say I'm disappointed in the quality of work put in. The M logo isn't line up straight when the doors are open. On top of that I found out the lights were installed the wrong way.

Anyone who has these lights installed can you confirm that the lens is farther away from the hood vs being closer. I noticed to get the lights lined up for driver side you have to adjust the lens moving it up about 40 degrees. As for the passenger door it's about around the middle so not much adjustment is needed.
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2017, 07:29 AM   #2
Dav3
Major
Rep
Drives: G87 M2/E89 35is/F21 M140i/GT4

Try laying them in a bowl of rice, should fix it
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2017, 02:05 PM   #3
mjsaville
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M2 LLB - Arrived 4th Mar 2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by D CHOI View Post
I got M door projector lights installed from the port and I must say I'm disappointed in the quality of work put in. The M logo isn't line up straight when the doors are open. On top of that I found out the lights were installed the wrong way.

Anyone who has these lights installed can you confirm that the lens is farther away from the hood vs being closer. I noticed to get the lights lined up for driver side you have to adjust the lens moving it up about 40 degrees. As for the passenger door it's about around the middle so not much adjustment is needed.
I fitted a set of these to the car, and actually they are fairly decent. The rice comment is probably not required. The official BMW ones are horrendously expensive I purchased a set from Aliexpress, and the M Logo is adjustable, i.e. it can rotate so should line up as you like it.

I would suggest having a dig about with a trim tool and see if you can alter them.

The other thing that's bugging me at the moment is the yellow interior led lights which I don't like. I'm considering swapping them out for white led's Bmw do packs of 4 and 8 but the 8's are around $100 dollars I think.

MJ

Last edited by mjsaville; 04-27-2017 at 04:16 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2017, 09:13 AM   #4
MR.
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 CSL Turbomeister

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjsaville View Post
I fitted a set of these to the car, and actually they are fairly decent. The rice comment is probably not required. The official BMW ones are horrendously expensive a purchased a set from Aliexpress, and the M Logo is adjustable, i.e. it can rotate so should line up as you like it.

I would suggest having a dig about with a trim tool and see if you can alter them.

The other thing that's bugging me at he moment is the yellow interior led lights which I don't like. I'm considering swapping them out for white led's bmw do packs of 4 and 8 but the 8's are around $100 dollars I think.

MJ
I had one of those Ali Express ones in my MINI GP2 and it burned through... I have a photo somewhere of the original one and the one from Ali Express which just burned completely. I would not be to happy to have my car door on fire due to cheap ass stuff from China

I got the OEM ones from BMW and they work fine. I do not see the problem. I aligned them well and all is well. Looks nice in the M2.

MR

Last edited by MR.; 04-28-2017 at 08:31 AM..
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2017, 04:19 PM   #5
mjsaville
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M2 LLB - Arrived 4th Mar 2017

Good to hear.....
Appreciate 0