BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
M2 Technical Topics > N55 Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning > M-Perf Exhaust Bluetooth valve problem

04-13-2017, 05:44 PM   #1
M2Dynamic
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///M2

M-Perf Exhaust Bluetooth valve problem

Has anyone experienced a battery/power problem with the Bluetooth valve control module. I changed the battery in mine because I thought that was the problem but for some reason it's not turning "on" or turning the valves to open or closed when I double click it. I know it's supposed to blink 5 times when it opens the valves and it's supposed to stay lit red for 5 seconds when I'm closing the valves.

It's also weird and I'm not sure what this is but it'll randomly blink twice or three times very very fast out of no where now. That's why I'm thinking something may have happened to it. Idk what but something is definitely very wrong. This all happened after I had a shop install my VRSF race core intercooler. They installed that and I had problems with my Chargepipe popping off because the angle it was installed at by the horrible shop I used to go to was wrong and it was restricting the angle by the throttle body and not allowing it to be installed all the way in and be held by the clip provided. They also "forgot" to take the o-ring off of the oem Chargepipe intercooler side and put it on the aftermarket Chargepipe and install it that way. So basically I've been driving for 3-4 months with no o-ring on the smaller intercooler side of the Chargepipe and I was told this probably caused a leak in the piping and probably why my car didn't feel 100% right and we couldn't figure out why until they saw that the o-ring wasn't taken off the oem Chargepipe and used on the aftermarket one. Thanks to Thiago I brought it to a competent shop that understood the basics of installing chargepipes and intercoolers and they pointed the problem out immediately and fixed the angle and put the Chargepipe on to the throttle body side tight and secure and put the o-ring on where it should've been this whole time. And since then I haven't had a problem.

No back to the problem I'm having now- the Bluetooth controller for the MPE isn't working. It's not working at all whether I press it 2 times like I should or 10 times. It randomly blinks out of no where but the valves are NEVER opened and never open at all due to not being able to use this controller. Idk if anyone had any ideas that I can look into or bring to my shop that knows what they're doing and tell them what the problem is. But if I can find something out here before having them check everything and go nuts I'd rather try to find out here first. Thank you all for the help in advance and I Hope someone knows what is happening. ??
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2017, 04:45 AM   #2
Kapachui
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: M2

have you check your trunk? there is an on/off button that might have been switched off by the shop.
Appreciate 1
      04-14-2017, 12:26 PM   #3
M2Dynamic
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kapachui View Post
have you check your trunk? there is an on/off button that might have been switched off by the shop.

No I haven't I didn't even know this lol. Thanks I'll check it now. I hope that's all it is
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2017, 12:26 PM   #4
M2Dynamic
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Where is this button in the trunk?
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2017, 12:28 PM   #5
M2Dynamic
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Found it. That's what it was lol thanks a lot for the help!

Moderators can delete this been resolved. Thanks!
Appreciate 1
      04-15-2017, 12:11 AM   #6
Kapachui
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by M2Dynamic
Quote:
Found it. That's what it was lol thanks a lot for the help!

Moderators can delete this been resolved. Thanks!
good to hear it is resolved! enjoy
Appreciate 2