BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
M2 Technical Topics > N55 Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning > MY BSM ///M2 6MT Mod Journal...The Empire Strikes Back

04-26-2016, 06:49 PM   #23
M3 Adjuster
Banned
Albania
Rep
Drives: 1M, X1 M Sport, E46 325ic

[QUOTE=G8rGrl]
Quote:
Originally Posted by saint3448 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by cole3488 View Post

Nope. I paid 3k below MSRP.
How?
Can't post shit like this on a forum.

Inquiring minds want to know

And then see your sales invoice
Appreciate 2
      04-27-2016, 06:14 PM   #24
DKX4///M
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X4M CS

Garage List
2020 BMW X4M CS  [0.00]
2016 BMW M2  [0.00]
2011 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtodd_fl View Post
Or:
1) The dealer had planned to keep HEA car and the CA convinced owner to sell. No one moves their spot.
- Still shady, should have given others option first, if they were already in line.

2) The first buyer backed out and the CA made it appear as though he had given something significant, when really he hadn't. A common sales tactic - it is like the "let me go talk to my manager" schtick. Aids in negotiation of everything else.
- Also still shady, because honesty and transparency in a sales relationship would generally be nice.

So, something is shady here, but others may not have been directly screwed. Just my 2 cents.
Exactly no one got bumped. I was TOLD (HMMM) That I was getting the dealer allocation and they were getting more. Another interesting fact is my salesman had said they while they have had an incredible interest in M2's, very few people wanted 6spd, and also aside from custom colors, and the LBB very few wanted it in black. It also has the blue interior trim...

I believe, as the poster said there is some sales trickery here. But other prefered customers had been offered this car and opted for the custom build which we all know on an M car's first release will be 4-6 months minimum by the time your pulling out of the lot.

He also obviously wanted a sale and money talks....I literally threw $20k down the within 10 mins of pulling in from the test drive...I'm a sales man and played the "I dont buy BRAND NEW, I don't like blue trim, I was thinking of going DCT, I really don't want a black car again, etc"

But he knew I had money in my pocket and if he played the game, he'd have a sale that day...
      04-27-2016, 07:56 PM   #25
DKX4///M
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2020 BMW X4M CS  [0.00]
2016 BMW M2  [0.00]
2011 BMW M3  [0.00]
PS, SO back to my original question?

Obviously many of you M2 heads need your next fix so your tracking your progress from Munich to 'Merica....

I was given the VIN and production code, but cant figure out how to locate the car...Also if these numbers are supposed to be private would a curtious member lmk.
=========================================

Prod #: 6727711

"Dude, Where's my M2?"
      04-27-2016, 08:34 PM   #26
OrangeCrush
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: VO 1M #513/740

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKM3Power View Post
Obviously many of you M2 heads need your next fix so your tracking your progress from Munich to 'Merica....

I was given the VIN and production code, but cant figure out how to locate the car...Also if these numbers are supposed to be private would a curtious member lmk.
=========================================

Prod #: 6727711

"Dude, Where's my M2?"
If your M2 is already on the boat call and ask the deer which one. That's what I did then I just googled " tracking (insert boat here).
VO BMW 1M
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2016, 09:07 PM   #27
M-Pilot
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 981 Cayman GTS

Garage List
Quote:
Exactly no one got bumped. I was TOLD (HMMM) That I was getting the dealer allocation and they were getting more. Another interesting fact is my salesman had said they while they have had an incredible interest in M2's, very few people wanted 6spd, and also aside from custom colors, and the LBB very few wanted it in black. It also has the blue interior trim...

I believe, as the poster said there is some sales trickery here. But other prefered customers had been offered this car and opted for the custom build which we all know on an M car's first release will be 4-6 months minimum by the time your pulling out of the lot.

He also obviously wanted a sale and money talks....I literally threw $20k down the within 10 mins of pulling in from the test drive...I'm a sales man and played the "I dont buy BRAND NEW, I don't like blue trim, I was thinking of going DCT, I really don't want a black car again, etc"

But he knew I had money in my pocket and if he played the game, he'd have a sale that day...
If we were talking about another car then I would say yea possible. But honestly, I don't think any dealer would give a sh*t about what you said or how much money you are putting down if he's trying to sell an M2. There are a lot of people who are ready to go all cash or change their preference about the transmission or the color just to get an M2. Also, a dealer would like to finance the car rather than a cash offer because in many cases, they bump up the APR (dealer markup) and make more money at the end.
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2016, 09:15 PM   #28
saint3448
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2019 Sunset Orange M2C

[QUOTE=M3 Adjuster;19830414]
Quote:
Originally Posted by G8rGrl
Can't post shit like this on a forum.

Inquiring minds want to know

And then see your sales invoice
Sorry - $2,115 off MSRP, not 3k. Was working with a great dealership. LBB/6MT/Exec

It's not a ED, it was an HEA car. I asked what the best price he could give me, and that's what he came back with.

Appreciate 0
      04-27-2016, 10:30 PM   #29
Transfer
Major General
Rep
Drives: Bronco Wildtrak, Tesla MYP

So F the how much off talk. That's chump talk. How do you like it compared to your E92?
Appreciate 2
      04-27-2016, 10:50 PM   #30
DKX4///M
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2020 BMW X4M CS  [0.00]
2016 BMW M2  [0.00]
2011 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by cntzl View Post
If we were talking about another car then I would say yea possible. But honestly, I don't think any dealer would give a sh*t about what you said or how much money you are putting down if he's trying to sell an M2. There are a lot of people who are ready to go all cash or change their preference about the transmission or the color just to get an M2. Also, a dealer would like to finance the car rather than a cash offer because in many cases, they bump up the APR (dealer markup) and make more money at the end.
Most people, have no clue what an M2 is, no idea when or if they'd actually ever release it, or who has what allocation or the level of scarcity. For example: (I had a M3 with well over $20k in mods, went to tons of M meets, worked on friends cars, even spent tons of time on m3post, and I had no idea when or IF it was really even coming out, let alone WHAT it would be? ? The good reviews ONLY Started a month or two ago if you really think about it.

Secondly, he niche market that did know, Most of them care very very much about the color, tranny, and details of their car, more than any other group Id say.

Lastly,the M2 is obviously more than $20k, so I am financing over $40k and that was my minimum down payment bc my credit score is so horrible, . The ONLY reason I was able to borrow a penny is bc I financed through BMW of NA who is prety much the last resort when no one else will lend but BMW really wants to sell an expensive car.

I wrote this big huge post but deleted a lot of it bc bottom line, As far as I know, Im getting the car in a week or two and I found out 30 days ago. Im a salesman (financial consultant), SO HONESTLY you don't believe a car sales man will treat a potential customer w/ a preference when that customer that bought a $70k car less than an hour after coming into the dealeshipr last time??

Remember that guy deals with HUNDREDS of tire kickers everyday. If you've ever sold a car u know,,,

Again he was also friendly with my Grandmother who had died just about a week before I cam in, SI I have to believe that had something to do with it nu t well never know.

Well that would be a moronic salesman if you ask me.

Last edited by DKX4///M; 04-28-2016 at 08:25 AM.. Reason: READ...
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2016, 10:38 AM   #31
RaceCarDriver
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW M2 LBB 6 speed

Quote:
I mispoke. I paid about sticker on the dot. He said the next lowest he's seen was $58K...Let me upload my sales receipt and the optionson the car....One Momento
the sticker for a manual trans car is $54,495. Sounds like your paying $3k over sticker, but the good news is you get your car now.

base price $51,700
color $550
Executive package $1,250
Destination $995
TOTAL $54,495

If you have a production number, you can call BMW corporate and they will tell you what the build week is.

If your car is already built it will have a VIN number. it would have to be built already to arrive in their showroom by May 15th.

Good luck with your purchase, I'm sure you will really enjoy the car, I am coming from an E90 M3 and a 1M.

Last edited by RaceCarDriver; 04-29-2016 at 10:53 AM.. Reason: mispelled words & added a few sentences
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2016, 03:36 PM   #32
DKX4///M
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2020 BMW X4M CS  [0.00]
2016 BMW M2  [0.00]
2011 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaceCarDriver View Post
the sticker for a manual trans car is $54,495. Sounds like your paying $3k over sticker, but the good news is you get your car now.

base price $51,700
color $550
Executive package $1,250
Destination $995
TOTAL $54,495

If you have a production number, you can call BMW corporate and they will tell you what the build week is.

.If your car is already built it will have a VIN number. it would have to be built already to arrive in their showroom by May 15th.

Good luck with your purchase, I'm sure you will really enjoy the car, I am coming from an E90 M3 and a 1M.
Yea, I thought sticker was more, as obviously there was no physical M2 to read the window sticker price...From the magazines I thought I had remembered them saying they would be starting in the mid- 50's, and obviously assumed the brakes, blah blah would all bring the price to the low 60s...But I'm happy with the price I paid..IF it really arrives in the next few weeks like I'm told.

I posted the production # above and i have the VIN. I found it on BMWs site. As the other poster says it must be on the boat, bc it says "en route to US" then finishing touches and delivery.

It is built already as I had no choices, the car was 4 weeks away tops about 2 weeks ago. Not that there are many choices anyway, but I was lucky enough to have pretty much the exact car I would've ordered. Although, I was more open to DCT this time around, (Which would be the first and only car Ive ever owed without a clutch lol.

You guys know the dates they are supposed tto be showing up in showrooms? If there is one.
      04-30-2016, 10:46 AM   #33
Jadar
Dejan
Serbia
Rep
Drives: 2018 Audi S3

Garage List
Quote:

Interesting...

Oh and they all have blue trim..they only come with that stiching no other options.
      04-30-2016, 07:32 PM   #34
cole3488
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92 m3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Transfer View Post
So F the how much off talk. That's chump talk. How do you like it compared to your E92?
I had an e92 m3 before my m2. M2 has better breaks and stearing. I like the m3 sound a little better. I like the size better on my m2 and it gets way better gas mileage.
Appreciate 1
      05-07-2016, 06:07 PM   #35
DKX4///M
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2020 BMW X4M CS  [0.00]
2016 BMW M2  [0.00]
2011 BMW M3  [0.00]
UPDATE: My M2 has landed...

Quote:
Originally Posted by cole3488 View Post
I had an e92 m3 before my m2. M2 has better breaks and stearing. I like the m3 sound a little better. I like the size better on my m2 and it gets way better gas mileage.
Great to hear about the gas mileage and the brakes, I had the most aggressive BPM servo-mod on my M's steering so I even couldn't imagine it feeling better than that. I cannot wait to drive this car...

And yes, I've already started to mod the car. The chrome plastic grills around the black M2 Kidneys had to go so those should be here early next week.

And as for performance... a little trick I've used on my turbo cars and one I used to push on customers is perfect for this time, as companies might not be releasing great exhausts for the M2 for a few months...

Ordered the VRSF 4" Test Pipe, and the wireless 4" exhaust open/close cutout valve and i'll have a buddy weld them together once I test fit everything in the car....No single mod adds power to a turbo car like running open exhaust a few inches away from the turbo....And even more than the power increase, running with the valve open combine with an efficient twin scroll turbo should pretty much eliminate turbo lag and also, exhaust tickets LOL.

My Evo used to go from Vacuum to 29-30PSI almost instantly w an HKS Downpipe (2.75") and a 3" QTP Cut-out welded into a 3" Test pipe post DP.

If I can place the valve between o2 bank 1 and 2 there's a slim chance I could avoid a CEL all together until a good tune is released and decided upon. If there is a CEL here and there I can always clear it with Torque or one of those OBDII Android Apps. I will also be welding in multiple bungs into the DP for EGT and a wideband 02 so obviously I will be installing a good AFR Gauge as well...

I have my nice 2400w 12" Brand new P3 Sub w Audio Control and Hifonics Bass restoration processors and high->low line driver ready to go...

Other than mentioned, finding out if F8X springs are compatible, If so, I'll go as low as possible without a noticeable change in camber...Some tints to finish the black-out look...Then I'll be shopping for some Black leather reclineable racing seats. and carbon fiber "M Spoiler" and some other little touches. Ug, Always getting ahead of myself...

I'll be posting plenty of pics and external GoPro w/ external Mics planted for the 45 min ride home. (Including data logging, to get a good look at the stock boost levels and gear ratios)...

Stay tuned.

Last edited by DKX4///M; 05-07-2016 at 06:13 PM..
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2016, 11:08 PM   #36
OrangeCrush
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: VO 1M #513/740

Quote:
Great to hear about the gas mileage and the brakes, I had the most aggressive BPM servo-mod on my M's steering so I even couldn't imagine it feeling better than that. I cannot wait to drive this car...

And yes, I've already started to mod the car. The chrome plastic grills around the black M2 Kidneys had to go so those should be here early next week.

And as for performance... a little trick I've used on my turbo cars and one I used to push on customers is perfect for this time, as companies might not be releasing great exhausts for the M2 for a few months...

Ordered the VRSF 4" Test Pipe, and the wireless 4" exhaust open/close cutout valve and i'll have a buddy weld them together once I test fit everything in the car....No single mod adds power to a turbo car like running open exhaust a few inches away from the turbo....And even more than the power increase, running with the valve open combine with an efficient twin scroll turbo should pretty much eliminate turbo lag and also, exhaust tickets LOL.

My Evo used to go from Vacuum to 29-30PSI almost instantly w an HKS Downpipe (2.75") and a 3" QTP Cut-out welded into a 3" Test pipe post DP.

If I can place the valve between o2 bank 1 and 2 there's a slim chance I could avoid a CEL all together until a good tune is released and decided upon. If there is a CEL here and there I can always clear it with Torque or one of those OBDII Android Apps. I will also be welding in multiple bungs into the DP for EGT and a wideband 02 so obviously I will be installing a good AFR Gauge as well...

I have my nice 2400w 12" Brand new P3 Sub w Audio Control and Hifonics Bass restoration processors and high->low line driver ready to go...

Other than mentioned, finding out if F8X springs are compatible, If so, I'll go as low as possible without a noticeable change in camber...Some tints to finish the black-out look...Then I'll be shopping for some Black leather reclineable racing seats. and carbon fiber "M Spoiler" and some other little touches. Ug, Always getting ahead of myself...

I'll be posting plenty of pics and external GoPro w/ external Mics planted for the 45 min ride home. (Including data logging, to get a good look at the stock boost levels and gear ratios)...

Stay tuned.
Can you use the torque app for data logging or do you need a jb4 or something like that?
VO BMW 1M
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2016, 01:14 PM   #37
DKX4///M
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2020 BMW X4M CS  [0.00]
2016 BMW M2  [0.00]
2011 BMW M3  [0.00]
Yes, in a few ways...

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeCrush View Post
Can you use the torque app for data logging or do you need a jb4 or something like that?
Torque can data log pretty well especially with an external GPS, the proper ELM327 WiFi or BT OBDII Dongle (depending if your running droid or iOS) ...

There are a few ways to create .CSV (Comma Seperated Value) files that can be read by Race Render or Dashware (I am told) to be charted or turned into Video Gauge Overlays...

The best way to data log through torque IMHO is through a free plug-in called "Racing Meter". Be careful to d/l the right one, there are dozens of variations for various applications (RC Cars, Go Karts, Video Games, etc)...

Thie following video is the proper one, aside from data logging, it's personally my favorite auto app...I run it most of the time, using my Samsung Tablet. The app lets you define shift points (even different for each gear), User defined warning signs on any sensor at your prefered values, and can display about EVERY THING in an infinite array of layouts you can choose or design yourself. You can also use the graphing feature on Torque as seen in the second vid...

On that screen, touch and hold the screen and pick the telemetry option. You can log every sensor the car has, and the app even uses existing PID's to calculate certain other data that the ecu doesn't even use or have as stated earlier...The "Telemetry Screen" Looks like this when recording (This is before I filled in all the important input required to know what gear the cars in etc..):

If you take the time to input (accurately) gear ratios, drag coefficient, frontal mass, true vehicle weight w/ you, gas, your mods, other fluids etc. (I used a truck weigh in), wheel/tire diameter, etc And the layout design is limitless...It CAN BE as accurate as a VBOX for 0-60, 1/4 Mile, Lap, Braking, skidpad, etc.

You can also use these free or cheap APPS combined with a $20 OBDII dongle

1.Track Addict
2.Dash Command
3.Race Chrono Pro
4.Harrys Laptimer
Many More

Which one is the best comes down to user preference but, which ever one your using I don't recommend trying to record more than 3-4 Sensor values at a time. The wireless OBD connection is not very strong and the more you try to record the slower and less accurate your recordings will be....Anything more than a few readings I recommending hard wiring one of the many data logging products. These are also great for making cool vids or getting rough ideas, but I would never use these numbers to tune or modify anything LOL.

Hope this helps...
      05-13-2016, 08:20 AM   #38
DKX4///M
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2020 BMW X4M CS  [0.00]
2016 BMW M2  [0.00]
2011 BMW M3  [0.00]
2 Days ahead of schedule, phonell: "Your Car just pulled in on the truck"

Excited I rushed to the dealership where my sales man had it waiting for me,, He originally told me that I could take it that day, then I discovered how I got this car in a week wile others waited years....

My Salesman is a normally a CPO salesman, the sales manager was screaming at him and I heard the sentence, and I'm paraphrasing here "It's the showroom model for a reasonwe have 9 or 10 people that have been waiting a long time to see the car. So we need a day, so they can see it in person...tell him tomm night"

I was assured the car would be locked, he had me record the exact miles and assured noone would test driving it. So the car better not even have 8.1 miles on it....The radio and iDrive wasn't activated yet, and the car was on lifting blocks which is why its so high...Since it needed progrsmming he promised me (which are actually real promises) that IF it possible to program the M drivers package....

Because the car wasn't checked in, I couldnt drive it on the road but he dave me a few mins in the lot to hit it, ( Videos uploading to youtube now)...More updatrd coming...
      05-13-2016, 08:23 AM   #39
DKX4///M
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2020 BMW X4M CS  [0.00]
2016 BMW M2  [0.00]
2011 BMW M3  [0.00]
First Look

05-13-2016, 08:30 AM   #40
DKX4///M
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2020 BMW X4M CS  [0.00]
2016 BMW M2  [0.00]
2011 BMW M3  [0.00]
Start and Rev, Non MPE (Still burbles and sounds great)

05-13-2016, 08:35 AM   #41
DKX4///M
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2020 BMW X4M CS  [0.00]
2016 BMW M2  [0.00]
2011 BMW M3  [0.00]
      05-13-2016, 08:50 AM   #42
DKX4///M
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2020 BMW X4M CS  [0.00]
2016 BMW M2  [0.00]
2011 BMW M3  [0.00]
Notes:

Already have VRSF DP (4.0")
QTP Exhaust 3" Cutiut valve (on order)
high kick c/f M2 spoiler
12" P3 Sub, ported box. Pioneer 2400ww Amp, audio control line driver and high low converter. HighFonics audo proccesor, xs 2000w batterery w battery isolator
Black emblems, c/f, black c/f roundrels, center caps,
JB4 Tune (Ordered)
Black Grills
Black side gills

Ordering:
Seats (reclinable leather recaros)
FMIC, Intake n Hard Piping
Lowering
much more...
      05-19-2016, 10:10 AM   #43
DKX4///M
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2020 BMW X4M CS  [0.00]
2016 BMW M2  [0.00]
2011 BMW M3  [0.00]
400 miles on car, did literally every mod avail for this car....and my own custom solution for exhaust as well... Getting a full Enzo Bench Tune and dyno runs tomm....Lots of pics and vids...

As of now, I've "messed around w a few cars" 1200hp skyline, s/c e46, 2015 M3 with straight pipes tune charge pipe and more...M2 beat the M3 from 10-30mph roll 3/4 times by 6-7 cars....at around 130-150 way after the 1/4 M3 passed me doing at least 30mph faster. So this turbo is def the prob...All these races I was runnimgg US 93 Oct w VP Racing OctaneBoost (Real stuff, and good)...w the oct boost i was at about 98 oct. And according to my data logging at that octane....NO ignition timing pull...Holds OVER 17 PSI and huge difference in Power...Without it, Pullls timing like a MOFO, and boost tapers to 13 ....also runs super rich.

PICS and VIDS later.
      05-20-2016, 08:34 AM   #44
ACZakka325i
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2 stroke

A financial consultant with bad credit. I love this forum. Jk OP, I had to.

Congratulations and good luck with the car. I'm glad it found its way to you. Also glad to hear you are pushing the envelope in week one.

Will be interesting to hear how mod-friendly (or not) the M2 really is.....
(Waitlist): #1 M2CSL
(Current): 2016 F15 X5 3.5xdrive - 2010 997.2 C4S Coupe
(Past): 2016 F30 340xi M-Sport -2013 535i xdrive
2008 E92 M3 - 2006 E90 325i
2002 E46 325xi - 1991 E30 325i
Appreciate 1