BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M2 Forum > BMW M2 Discussions > Final EPA and Carb certs not in yet for US???

01-29-2016, 08:38 PM   #1
Pyrat 2
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Rapidly from A to B

Garage List
Final EPA and Carb certs not in yet for US???

Thought I'd share this message. It came from the Performance Center after I applied for Performance Center delivery. My car is currently in status 112.

Dear xxxxx,

Thank you for submitting a Performance Center Delivery reservation for John Doe. Unfortunately, this production number (XXXXXXX) is a new model or new model year and we cannot offer a delivery date at this time. EPA and CARB Certifications are issued by the government and must be obtained for every model every year, regardless of any change (or not) in the production of the vehicle. The vehicle will remain at the VDC/VPC until all approvals and all holds have been removed (see example shown below). The vehicle will not ship to The BMW Performance Center or your BMW Retail Center until the holds have been removed.

Please inform your client that we will contact you with a delivery date as soon as all EPA and CARB Certifications have been received by BMWNA and the Engineering Data and Release holds have been removed. Should the client wish to cancel you will need to submit a cancellation form which can be found on CENTERNET.

Thank you for your patience!

BMW Performance Center Delivery Team
Appreciate 1