BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
M2 Technical Topics > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis > Paragon Performance 2-piece Brake Rotors For F8X M Cars Blue Calipers

05-26-2022, 08:42 PM   #1
HP Autosport
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: F80 M3
Location: Santa Barbara, AP, Brembo, GIAC, Koni, Ohlins, Performance Friction, www.hpautosport.com

Paragon Performance 2-piece Brake Rotors For F8X M Cars Blue Calipers

Paragon 2-piece Front Rotors For F8x M2/M3/M4 with blue calipers

Paragon Performance 2-piece Rotor offers superior braking and cooling efficiency optimized for track and race applications. It features directional ventilation vanes to create suction, turbulence, and guides cool air through the rotor for improved heat dissipation and increased resistance to cracking under harsh track condition.

Made of CM-250 special formulated high carbon alloy cast iron, it allows for an optimal bite, thermal characteristics, high-temperature strength and durability. Rotor rings are heat treated to release stress in the rotor to avoid deformation and vibration then turned by state-of-the-art CBN surface machining to ensure better break-in with new brake pads.

Vibration is reduced as the rotor lateral run-out is kept within 0.03mm and well-balanced: variations are kept within 2 grams. All rotors went through rigorous quality control procedures and inspections to ensure the rotors are fit for their purposes. The fully-floating 2-piece design allows thermal expansion of the rotor while minimizing deformation and ensuring the rotor is self-centered with the pads. A slotted rotor improves braking consistency by maintaining a clean contact surface and dissipate heat generated and gases released when the pads come into contact with the rotors. Slotted rotors have a superior advantage over blank rotors in wet or raining conditions by preventing water films to form between the brake pad and rotor surface. Weighing less than most O.E. rotors while maintaining proper thermal capacity, our 2-piece rotors improves overall handling by saving unsprung mass.

Aluminum hats are CNC machined from lightweight 6061-T6 aerospace grade aluminum for high strength and durability under extreme conditions, then anodized to increase resistance to wear and corrosion. Mil-spec hard anodizing will not discolor under extreme heat, while black anodizing is more prone to discoloring under heat (> 392F / 200C). Hard anodized surface is harder, thicker, and more wear and scratch resistant. Hard anodized surface will last longer than black anodized surface, and is highly recommended for track / race applications.

FRONT:

Direct bolt-on without any modifications and designed to work flawlessly with OEM ABS and brake system while maintaining factory brake bias. Compatible with OEM brake pads or aftermarket pads with the same pad depth (D)

Directional ventilation vanes for optimal cooling performance, runs up to 30% cooler than O.E. rotors and increase cooling efficiency by up to 30%

Fully-floating 2-piece design

Minimizing brake fade & judder during extended sessions

Weighs 24.1 lbs (10.95 kg) - save 1 lb of unsprung weight per rotor vs. OEM
Rotor to hat mounting system: H-Bobbin (10 bolt)

Direct replacement of: OEM BMW part number 34112284809 / 34112284810

Fits: M2 F87 (2016-2020), M3 F80 (2015-2018), M4 F82/F83 (2015-2020) with blue calipers

Does not fit vehicles with M Carbon Ceramic Brakes S2NKA

Includes:

One pair of Paragon Performance 380mm x 30mm (14.96” x 1.18”) 2-piece rotor assemblies with hard / black anodized 6061-T6 aerospace grade aluminum hats, stainless steel bobbins, and anti-rattle clips (assembled and ready to install)

Detailed installation manual

Part # (w/ black anodized hat): P2R.013.380.300.21660.05.01.01.F

Part # (w/ hard anodized hat): P2R.013.380.300.21660.05.01.02.F

REAR:

Direct bolt-on without any modifications and designed to work flawlessly with OEM ABS and brake system while maintaining factory brake bias. Compatible with OEM brake pads or aftermarket pads with the same pad depth (D)

Directional ventilation vanes for optimal cooling performance, runs up to 30% cooler than O.E. rotors and increase cooling efficiency by up to 30%

Floating 2-piece design

Minimizing brake fade & judder during extended sessions

Utilizes OEM E-brake by integrating iron sleeve into aluminum hat
Weighs 19.6 lbs (8.9 kg) - save 1 lb of unsprung weight per rotor vs. OEM
Rotor to hat mounting system: D-Bobbin (long) - 10 bolt

Direct replacement of: OEM BMW part number 34212284811 / 34212284812
Attached Images

Last edited by HP Autosport; 05-26-2022 at 09:02 PM..
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2022, 09:15 PM   #2
HP Autosport
United_States
Rep

Location: Santa Barbara, AP, Brembo, GIAC, Koni, Ohlins, Performance Friction, www.hpautosport.com

How they look on the car!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      05-26-2022, 10:19 PM   #3
FaRKle!
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 328d Wagon, M2 Comp, i4 eD35

Garage List
Any comment on Paragon brake pad compounds? There's no comparison of them to the common BMW track pad compounds.

Please don't PM me for suspension recommendations unless interested in paid private consultations.
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2022, 11:16 PM   #4
HP Autosport
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaRKle! View Post
Any comment on Paragon brake pad compounds? There's no comparison of them to the common BMW track pad compounds.
No, I don't think you will find much.

P3's(street/track) were installed front and rear along with two-piece rotors. After bedding them in and allow to the brakes to completely cool, street manners seem good, no noise, modulation is good, and definitely more bite than the OEM pads. Bite is not eyeball popping, but more medium torque linear type. It almost feels like the Ferodo DS2500 but doesn't have as much bite. Can't comment on dust levels or rotor life. Priced attractively in my opinion(can't post prices here PM if interested). Just like other street/track and track pads, some pad clunk heard during direction changes and during initial brake applications from park to drive or reverse,.

Our customer is going to the track so hopefully he can give some feedback.
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2022, 03:08 AM   #5
TripleU
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 17 M2, 23 Ford F150 Raptor

Garage List
  [0.00]
2017 BMW M2  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by FaRKle! View Post
I got my AP front brake kit with Paragon's R5 pads.

While I haven't had a chance to track them yet to say how they perform, they are surprisingly ok on the street. I planned on getting a set of both the R5 and either their P2 or P3 for the street but they didn't have the P2 or P3 in stock at the time so I'm just driving around with the R5s for now.

They aren't terribly noisy, and way more livable around the street than the Pagid RSL-1 pads that I had when I ran the stock blue brakes. Noise also got a little better when I installed my AP pad tension kit too.

Past: 2015 Lexus IS 250, 2014 Volkswagen CC R-Line
Appreciate 1
FaRKle!4016.00
      10-31-2022, 05:25 PM   #6
HP Autosport
United_States
Rep

More Paragon 2-piece rotors installed with Ferodo DS1.11.

These are the Mil-Spec coating version.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
      05-06-2023, 06:48 AM   #7
donR
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: E91 335i, B5 RS4, F31 330i

Garage List
These disc rotors look very nice. What is the difference between these and girodisc? They look the same?

Anymore updates on long term track performance or are the Paragon more suited to fast street/occassional track work? Hard to find much info on them.
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2023, 12:12 PM   #8
HP Autosport
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by donR View Post
These disc rotors look very nice. What is the difference between these and girodisc? They look the same?

Anymore updates on long term track performance or are the Paragon more suited to fast street/occassional track work? Hard to find much info on them.
They are very similar and you can't go wrong with either one. We sell Girodisc as well as Stoptech Aero Rotors.

We have sold no less than a dozen of these so far and install a handful in-house. All in-house were dual purpose use vehicles using a hybrid and track pads. Only positive feedback so far.

It's rare to see anything positive, but as soon as someone has a negative experience you will hear it on all forums and social media platforms.

For extreme track duty a proper BBK from AP, Brembo or Stoptech is still the way to go.
Appreciate 1
donR97.00
      05-31-2023, 08:36 AM   #9
donR
Captain
Australia
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by HP Autosport View Post
They are very similar and you can't go wrong with either one. We sell Girodisc as well as Stoptech Aero Rotors.

We have sold no less than a dozen of these so far and install a handful in-house. All in-house were dual purpose use vehicles using a hybrid and track pads. Only positive feedback so far.

It's rare to see anything positive, but as soon as someone has a negative experience you will hear it on all forums and social media platforms.

For extreme track duty a proper BBK from AP, Brembo or Stoptech is still the way to go.
Thanks for the update, the Paragon rotors do seem like good value at the moment.

I notice Paragon now also do their own BBK including front 6 piston caliper and 72 vane rotor, compared with the 50 or so vane on the standard replacement Paragon or Girodisc rotors.

Just wondering if you have any experience with the Paragon bb kits and if they are worth considering for a bit more cooling?

Last edited by donR; 05-31-2023 at 08:43 AM..
Appreciate 0
      05-31-2023, 12:18 PM   #10
HP Autosport
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Thanks for the update, the Paragon rotors do seem like good value at the moment.

I notice Paragon now also do their own BBK including front 6 piston caliper and 72 vane rotor, compared with the 50 or so vane on the standard replacement Paragon or Girodisc rotors.

Just wondering if you have any experience with the Paragon bb kits and if they are worth considering for a bit more cooling?
No, we do not have an experience with Paragon's BBK.

We still recommend BBKs from AP, Brembo or Stoptech. AP being our number 1 choice for extreme street and track duty. If you would like a quote, please send us a PM.
Appreciate 1
donR97.00
      06-01-2023, 12:03 AM   #11
Track/S
Major
Rep
Drives: M2C, M4 GTS

Quote:

Last week I received the 380x36mm discs from paragon to be able to use 2NH calipers on R18 rims.

Appreciate 1
      06-01-2023, 12:55 AM   #12
Luke AUS
Rep
Drives: M2C

Quote:

if youre in the market and located in AUS Brypar is worth a look.

manufactured in aus with quick repalcement rings available and great performance...i had a set on my car now...be aware floating rotors make more noise than stock if thats a consideration for you.
Appreciate 2
donR97.00
TargaM22489.00
      06-01-2023, 08:38 AM   #13
medphysdave
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2 CS | 85 of 592

Quote:
Originally Posted by Track/S View Post
Last week I received the 380x36mm discs from paragon to be able to use 2NH calipers on R18 rims.

I'm liking what I see here.
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2023, 10:10 AM   #14
ZM2
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2017 LBB M2

I have Paragon’s 380mm 72 vane AP 9449 style rear BBK on my car to go with my front AP 9660 kit. Will test on track soon.

Also got some AP style front replacement discs from them at much lower pricing than AP or Essex. They look pretty quality, and will be testing performance and longevity on them soon, as well.
Appreciate 1
      06-01-2023, 11:09 AM   #15
medphysdave
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2 CS | 85 of 592

Can we get the 72 vane in custom sizes? Nevermind. I found the 378x36 in the M2 BBK kit.

These calipers look pretty nice. Does paragon manufacture their own products, or are they rebranded?

Last edited by medphysdave; 06-01-2023 at 11:42 AM..
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2023, 07:36 PM   #16
ZM2
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by medphysdave View Post
Can we get the 72 vane in custom sizes? Nevermind. I found the 378x36 in the M2 BBK kit.

These calipers look pretty nice. Does paragon manufacture their own products, or are they rebranded?
Design and manu. PM me and I can connect you to one of their tech folks if you’d like.
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2023, 12:15 AM   #17
donR
Captain
Australia
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke AUS View Post
if youre in the market and located in AUS Brypar is worth a look.

manufactured in aus with quick repalcement rings available and great performance...i had a set on my car now...be aware floating rotors make more noise than stock if thats a consideration for you.
Thanks Luke for the heads up. Alex at Brypar is a wealth of information and can manufacture any disc and hat and vane combination required so very useful for motor sport quality disc replacements and/or custom builds. You can see a photo on his facebook of the AP/Essex replacement disc he made for a GT2 RS. Although the Paragon discs still look like a good consideration for something more standard and US based.

I am still deciding which way to go and probably should start a new thread but if anyone has any opinions or data on the

AP RadiCAL PRO 5000R calipers vs the Brembo Pista please let me know.
Appreciate 0
      11-23-2023, 11:19 PM   #18
Clutchtime
Rep
Drives: M2C

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZM2 View Post
I have Paragon’s 380mm 72 vane AP 9449 style rear BBK on my car to go with my front AP 9660 kit. Will test on track soon.

Also got some AP style front replacement discs from them at much lower pricing than AP or Essex. They look pretty quality, and will be testing performance and longevity on them soon, as well.
Any feedback on the Paragon BBK? How're they holding up?
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2023, 11:49 AM   #19
ZM2
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clutchtime View Post
Any feedback on the Paragon BBK? How're they holding up?
The rear Paragon BBK is doing great after a few thousand road miles and an open track day. Based on its performance and parts quality, I don’t see any reason to not try the front Paragon designed BBK (not their Alcon monoblock kit) for anyone that doesn’t already have Alcon/AP fronts.

Their Paragon designed kits are pretty customizable, quite a bit cheaper, and replacement discs/parts are much lower than Alcon and AP Essex.

Definitely interested in hearing someone try their front BBK on track.

Last edited by ZM2; 11-24-2023 at 12:43 PM..
Appreciate 2
      01-08-2024, 12:14 AM   #20
HP Autosport
United_States
Rep

Feel free to reach out to us for Paragon products.
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2024, 12:11 PM   #21
HP Autosport
United_States
Rep

bump
Appreciate 0