BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
M2 Technical Topics > N55 Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning > Racing Dynamics charge + boost pipe

05-18-2018, 05:27 PM   #1
diesekte
Rep
Drives: E30

Racing Dynamics charge + boost pipe

Anyone have experience? Looks exactly the same as the FTP motorsport charge + boost pipe combo for the most part. Works out to be about $40 cheaper for product + shipping, and at least from the photos, appears to come with better clamps than FTP that won't dig into the silicone couplers saving a few extra bucks vs FTP then buying better clamps.

I've had some experience with racing dynamics stuff in the past but this was way back when (E30 parts, mostly).
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2018, 06:30 PM   #2
Nezil
Major
Rep
Drives: LCI '18 6MT M2

Looks absolutely identical to me. I'd be surprised if it wasn't either from the same supplier, or OEM'd by FTP.

I'm pretty sure I paid less than that for my FTP including shipping though, and the pipe clamps look the same as the FTP ones to me...

Current Performance Mods:
CSF FMIC, ER CP, Fabspeed Cat, Aquamist WMI, GFB DV+, NGK 97506, BM3 (Stage 2 93 OTS), CDV delete, UCP, M2C/M3/M4 Strut Brace, M3/M4 Reinforcement Rings
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2018, 06:47 PM   #3
diesekte
Rep
Drives: E30

Oops, you are right. FTP pipe is cheaper shipped unless you factor in the cost of buying new clamps. The racing dynamics clamps appear to be sleeved or at least less likely to cut into the silicone. Seems like they are smooth on the part that actually contacts it.
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2018, 07:06 PM   #4
Nezil
Major
Rep
Drives: LCI '18 6MT M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by diesekte View Post
Oops, you are right. FTP pipe is cheaper shipped unless you factor in the cost of buying new clamps. The racing dynamics clamps appear to be sleeved or at least less likely to cut into the silicone. Seems like they are smooth on the part that actually contacts it.
The clamps are probably picked at the point of shipping. I got some that were like that, and some that had slots cut for the worm gears. Either way they're not very good. They still don't have a liner like the two types posted in the FTP thread.

Current Performance Mods:
CSF FMIC, ER CP, Fabspeed Cat, Aquamist WMI, GFB DV+, NGK 97506, BM3 (Stage 2 93 OTS), CDV delete, UCP, M2C/M3/M4 Strut Brace, M3/M4 Reinforcement Rings
Appreciate 0