BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M2 Forum > BMW M2 CS Model > Latest BAT Sale not so hot?

05-10-2024, 10:26 AM   #265
NPTM
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW M2 CS

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYNick View Post
Do you thin that will negatively affect the value of the DCT's?
I don't think it's a negative for DCT, but rather a positive for 6MT. The car, transmission aside, is still epic/incredibly unique vs G...but no denying (at least in my humble opinion) that 6MT will be worth more over time. It's just a matter of scarcity value...
Appreciate 1
to_riffic3033.50
      05-10-2024, 09:09 PM   #266
///MPECABL
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2CS

Quote:
Originally Posted by pomsaeng View Post
My personal opinion is that it could cause a larger disparity in pricing between manuals vs. DCT. This seems like it could be true for most cars in the specialty segment.

This is just an ESTIMATE and data can be skewed by outliers. There's about 16 M2 CS's listed (on auto websites) currently. On AVERAGE, Manuals have a ~$3,485 premium. When I run this data through a quick regression, the coefficient for a manual transmission is a ~+$7,457 premium. Tough to do a robust analysis b/c the sample is so small at any given time.
I sense that the CCB setup also has a premium and for the right buyer might be another sticking point. The last generation DCT is really good (as a DCT owner that came from all manuals before this). The CCB on only a very few of these cars seems like a valued option. Porsche seems to do the same, but curious if you’ve got the data for the M2CS.
      Yesterday, 06:24 AM   #267
NYNick
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 74 tii 78 SC 20 M2CS

My guess is MT's, CCB's and gold wheels as a package will affect value the most. Maybe Misano Blue with all those as well.
Appreciate 1
NPTM376.50
      Yesterday, 07:30 AM   #268
M3R1
Colonel
Rep
Drives: ///M2cs

Quote:
My personal opinion is that it could cause a larger disparity in pricing between manuals vs. DCT. This seems like it could be true for most cars in the specialty segment.

This is just an ESTIMATE and data can be skewed by outliers. There's about 16 M2 CS's listed (on auto websites) currently. On AVERAGE, Manuals have a ~$3,485 premium. When I run this data through a quick regression, the coefficient for a manual transmission is a ~+$7,457 premium. Tough to do a robust analysis b/c the sample is so small at any given time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///MPECABL View Post
I sense that the CCB setup also has a premium and for the right buyer might be another sticking point. The last generation DCT is really good (as a DCT owner that came from all manuals before this). The CCB on only a very few of these cars seems like a valued option. Porsche seems to do the same, but curious if you’ve got the data for the M2CS.
Quote:
My guess is MT's, CCB's and gold wheels as a package will affect value the most. Maybe Misano Blue with all those as well.
As good as the DCT is, I fully agree that a manual, CCB car will be the most desirable. If I had I spec'd and ordered my car, it would have been with the CCB's. My car had 43 miles on it a year after the release of the "cs", so I did not hesitate to buy it.

All configurations are amazing, I feel privileged to own one.
      Yesterday, 08:40 AM   #269
NPTM
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW M2 CS

Quote:
Agree on Misano - think it’s safe to assume the “special” CS color will command the biggest premium…and the blue / gold combo is just downright stunning and super special feeling. That said, HS with black wheels and gold CCBs had me drooling…almost went in that direction as I loved them both.
Appreciate 0
      Yesterday, 09:08 AM   #270
pomsaeng
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 F87 ///M2CS

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///MPECABL View Post
Unfortunately, can't scrape the brake type easily, so I had to cross reference against the registry and looked up the rest that weren't listed.

Of the 16 currently being sold, it looks like only 2 are CCBs (one manual, one DCT). Way too small of a sample to make a precise statement. But just for fun, there is a premium for CCBs, which should be expected given that it is was a premium option.
Appreciate 1
      Yesterday, 06:30 PM   #271
///MPECABL
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2CS

Quote:
Unfortunately, can't scrape the brake type easily, so I had to cross reference against the registry and looked up the rest that weren't listed.

Of the 16 currently being sold, it looks like only 2 are CCBs (one manual, one DCT). Way too small of a sample to make a precise statement. But just for fun, there is a premium for CCBs, which should be expected given that it is was a premium option.
Wow, thanks for digging into the limited data we have. Regardless, still a special car in almost any spec and I can’t enough of mine!