BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
M2 Technical Topics > N55 Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning > Mhd + xhp = perfect

09-12-2021, 09:07 PM   #23
MidnightM2
Private
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW M2 LCI

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZM2 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by MidnightM2 View Post
Sounds MEGA 🎵How are you liking it so far?
Thanks! I still go between the Remus & Akrapovic as my fav exhaust sounds for the M2. Maybe one day I’ll get to hear them side by side.

It sounds silly, but my favorite feature of the Akra is how livable it is. Super quiet in Comfort mode and less highway drone than stock. I didn’t change exhaust for a long time bc I was worried about both things, so these were nice surprises.

Although, back to your original point about BM3 and MHD burbles, BM3 burbles set to OEM is way to aggressive for my setup, and I have to run Custom with them practically turned all the way off to keep the super loud cracks from happening:
From your video, the Akra sounds OEM++. I'd love to hear a drive by if possible - just put your phone in a shoe like I did 😂

I found the same on bm3 - could never get the burbles sounding right. All I wanted was the natural factory burbles but MHD has sorted that for me and finally feel like I'm totally happy with all elements of the car.

My Remus is similar but is aggressive with valves open. It sounds awesome particularly once you get some heat into it. I also have the CG valve controller to quiet it down for early mornings/neighbourhood driving.
Appreciate 1
ZM22824.00
      09-13-2021, 02:36 AM   #24
Bee Pee
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: AW M2 DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3t3p View Post
When I was 2+ MHD the sounds the car made were wide open smiles type.

Quick question if I am tuned again with MHD and go up significant elevation say a mountain road, the car knows that right and doesn't try to make sea level power and frag the block?!
Yes - ECU will adjust boost, timing and fuel trims as ambient (air temp & density changes) as you go from sea-level towards the clouds !

Current '22 X3M LCI..
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2021, 09:18 AM   #25
3t3p
Major
New Zealand
Rep
Drives: M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bee Pee View Post
Yes - ECU will adjust boost, timing and fuel trims as ambient (air temp & density changes) as you go from sea-level towards the clouds !
New Zealand here I come! Cheers I thought as much.

I've really been enjoying the car stock with FBO but that tuning itch is hard not to scratch...
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2021, 07:51 PM   #26
MidnightM2
Private
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bee Pee View Post
New Zealand here I come! Cheers I thought as much.

I've really been enjoying the car stock with FBO but that tuning itch is hard not to scratch...
I'm from NZ but live in Melbourne. Have always wanted to take the M2 back with me when I go. Some of the roads there are epic.
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2021, 11:37 AM   #27
3t3p
Major
New Zealand
Rep
Drives: M2

Quote:
I'm from NZ but live in Melbourne. Have always wanted to take the M2 back with me when I go. Some of the roads there are epic.
Great to hear, what's general tarmac condition like? Is it different/worse in country side (like it is on UK sometimes).

What's density of speeding stops/cameras like on the fun roads?
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2021, 04:32 PM   #28
MidnightM2
Private
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Great to hear, what's general tarmac condition like? Is it different/worse in country side (like it is on UK sometimes).

What's density of speeding stops/cameras like on the fun roads?
Depends what part you'll be driving in.

South Island - beautiful long winding Alpine roads or coastal. In general very good quality roads.

North Island- Foresty country driving. State highways are pretty good and generally good quality. Country roads can be hit or miss but in general I don't think worse than the UK

Speed cameras on country roads not too prevalent and they warn you before you get to one with road signs. It's also legal to use radar detectors in NZ
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2023, 05:26 PM   #29
ambledhoh
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 F87 LCI 2018 LHD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daleb View Post
A custom tune for outright power/performance is pointless while running the oem hpfp IMO. The ots maps are already pushing the limits of the oem hpfp.

Once you add an upgraded hpfp you can make more than the stage 2+ ots maps from Bm3 but again they are very good.

On stage 2 93 Bm3 I’ve ran 8.7s 100-200. E30 Stage 2+ I’ve ran 7.9s 100-200 but that was in warmer conditions compared to the stage 2 93 runs.
Hi, guys!

I've read this post and that you ran an F87 FBO but no HPFP with stage2+, i'm right?

So my question Is: can i flash BM3 ots stage2+ map on my FBO M2 F87?
Appreciate 0