BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
M2 Technical Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance (Wash/Wax/Detailing/Exterior Restoration & Repairs) > New car finish

06-23-2017, 02:27 PM   #23
salmonbum
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2017 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by lax01 View Post
yikes nice...but to me, its a $50k BMW...not a $250k exotic

And this is my first white car after two black cars...so I guess my anal-ocdness is way less severe this time around
I do the same for my leased Ram, my new Outback and 03 Duramax. Ifs not what the car costs new, its how much more is your car worth than the guy selling same car that was treated "normally". You would be amazed on how much more I get for my stuff/ Example.....someone at work knows I am turning Ram in soon and wants to buy it, for way more than what actual buyout is. The minute I told them a price another person spoke up and wants it to.... and it really wasn't for sale.
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2017, 05:49 PM   #24
akkando
Major General
Rep
Drives: 17 M2 DCT LBB,11 e90 M3 ZCP IB

Quote:
Originally Posted by salmonbum View Post
I do the same for my leased Ram, my new Outback and 03 Duramax. Ifs not what the car costs new, its how much more is your car worth than the guy selling same car that was treated "normally". You would be amazed on how much more I get for my stuff/ Example.....someone at work knows I am turning Ram in soon and wants to buy it, for way more than what actual buyout is. The minute I told them a price another person spoke up and wants it to.... and it really wasn't for sale.
Probably not that much. Subtract the cost of the closed trailer, the ppf, the coating and compare to the private sale of another savvy seller. Maybe I'm wrong but people buying used cars usually want a deal and are willing to overlook a swirl here and there if it's going to save them thousands. Of course it's different if whatever car you're selling is now a classic car though and in perfect condition.
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2017, 06:31 PM   #25
BurpZilla
Avid Car Enthusiast
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 Alpine White M2 6spd

Opticoat everything including the interior, expel the front and 1/3rd up the hood for rocks. Enjoy :0)
Alpine White BMW M2 6spd; 2015 Arctic White Yukon XL Denali
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2017, 06:38 PM   #26
salmonbum
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2017 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by akkando View Post
Probably not that much. Subtract the cost of the closed trailer, the ppf, the coating and compare to the private sale of another savvy seller. Maybe I'm wrong but people buying used cars usually want a deal and are willing to overlook a swirl here and there if it's going to save them thousands. Of course it's different if whatever car you're selling is now a classic car though and in perfect condition.
I will have to disagree with you bud. Been doing this for 20 yrs. The reason I am able to is cause I'm not loosing money. People will may not able to afford a new truck. But when you park a normal one next mine, they will gladly spend the extra loot. And if you document evrything you have done to it and keep it in a binder, value goes up that much more. Look at all the old classics and stupid money they pull if they have all documentation. You many not think your M2 falls into that category, but I'm sure guys that bought E30's said the same thing.
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2017, 07:14 PM   #27
Ian ///M
Captain
Rep
Drives: '17 AW M2 (DCT)

I agree. It's only like 16 hours of work that make things easier for years to come . It's a great ROI whether you consider time or value
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2017, 07:55 PM   #28
akkando
Major General
Rep
Drives: 17 M2 DCT LBB,11 e90 M3 ZCP IB

Quote:
I will have to disagree with you bud. Been doing this for 20 yrs. The reason I am able to is cause I'm not loosing money. People will may not able to afford a new truck. But when you park a normal one next mine, they will gladly spend the extra loot. And if you document evrything you have done to it and keep it in a binder, value goes up that much more. Look at all the old classics and stupid money they pull if they have all documentation. You many not think your M2 falls into that category, but I'm sure guys that bought E30's said the same thing.
I will just quote myself.

"Of course it's different if whatever car you're selling is now a classic car though and in perfect condition."
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2017, 06:49 AM   #29
Bruce_SC
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Truck

Resale

Quote:
I would say the same. I have seen people overlook a higher mileage when the vehicle looks like it has been taken care of cosmetically.

Bruce
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2017, 06:50 AM   #30
Bruce_SC
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Truck

Modesta

Quote:
Originally Posted by rouxeny View Post
I'm going to do Modesta
Great Choice!!