BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M2 Forum > BMW M2 Discussions > Should BMW launch the F87 M2 base version in a (more) vivid color ?

View Poll Results: Should BMW launch the F87 M2 base version in a (more) vivid color ?
Yes 168 86.60%
No 26 13.40%
Voters: 194. You may not vote on this poll

05-10-2015, 03:29 PM   #23
Artemis
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 Competition

Oh dear, oh dear, some comments can use smilies featuring in the [More] section...
      05-10-2015, 03:47 PM   #24
Denk
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2021 X5M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dackelone View Post
I would have liked to see some classic BMW ///M colors.

Colors like:

Hell Red or Imola Red
Dakar Yellow or Speed Yellow
Techno Violet
(even though I know its a love/hate color - I dig it!)
Santorini Blue or Laguna Seca
Moonstone Silver Metallic
Citrus Black Metallic

I am also puzzled that we did not see Donington Grey make the cut. A few of my insiders(I have more than one source!) insisted that Donington Grey, would be one of the lead intro colors for the M2.

Dackel
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2015, 03:55 PM   #25
IEDEI
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: L'Orange

Garage List
2011 BMW 1M  [8.40]
Quote:
Originally Posted by pikcachu
Quote:
Originally Posted by IEDEI View Post
I love all these jealous M235 owners talking smack about the M3/M4, M2 and 1M. Pretty sad....at least you have 18 poser M badges on your cars right? LOL...3500+ pounds of poser M badges on an ordinary car.
you are hilarious... you think you are always right and whatever you have or say it's the best ever.... like the 135is and then the 1M and so on

I'm not talking any smack... i think the M3/M4 is a great car and the M2 will be too.... in any case the one talking smack, is you of everything unless it's what you currently drive....
Also I didn't add any badges ... BMW did... M235 is not an M car it's an M perf vehicle....nothing less nothing more

I'm really feel sad for you, really not sure why you are always so defensive like if you had something to prove, maybe some day you'll change.... Anyway had my sunday laugh fix for today
Won't waste my time reading/replying to your narrow minded opinions... :
LOL. Only a bitter person would have to write such a long winded reply! well done!
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2015, 04:20 PM   #26
pikcachu
Major General
Rep
Drives: M235i (F22 Red angel)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3PedalMINI
Quote:
Originally Posted by IEDEI View Post
not sure how you can call the M3/M4 "bloated" when they weigh less than or the same as your bulky M235.

denial is defeat.
buddy They are roughly the same weight (i agree the 235 is heavy)... and by bloated I meant larger then all the previous gens and less connected. There is a reason im doing the 235 over an M4, I can easily afford a m4 and have extensively test driven both the m4-235i...the 235 is EXACTLY what I want in a car. (i currently have a 228i)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pikcachu View Post
you are hilarious... you think you are always right and whatever you have or say it's the best ever.... like the 135is and then the 1M and so on

I'm not talking any smack... i think the M3/M4 is a great car and the M2 will be too.... in any case the one talking smack, is you of everything unless it's what you currently drive....
Also I didn't add any badges ... BMW did... M235 is not an M car it's an M perf vehicle....nothing less nothing more

I'm really feel sad for you, really not sure why you are always so defensive like if you had something to prove, maybe some day you'll change.... Anyway had my sunday laugh fix for today
Won't waste my time reading/replying to your narrow minded opinions... :
LOL! +1 jeez...like i said there is a reason im doing a 235 over an m4 and gave up my #1 m2 position at the dealer. I didnt put the badges on, BMW chose to, do i agree? NO i dont but it is what it is. Its a 235is as we all know it should have been called, it was just BMW trying to milk the brand (and unfortunately diluting it) Everyone in the car scene/enthusiast scene knows that its not an m2 and thats ok...Unfortunately 99% of the population doesnt have a F&#^@ clue as to what AMG-///M & RS even means let alone the difference between an x28 & 35...so seriously who cares.

Im debadging my 235i anyway. so the only thing that will say ///M on it is the brakes-the 405m rims i just ordered and the steering wheel. what I cant debadge is the ///M splash screen on the dash/Nav Screen when it boots up. Ohh well I know its not a true ///M car and thats all that matters. Go troll in the m3/m4 threads, or is it because your jealous you dont have one that your over here bashing the 235i?

Denial is Defeat!
Actually you do can remove by coding out the M animation from the idrive screen and even the one in the extended cluster too.

Just look in the DIY coding subforum
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2015, 04:50 PM   #27
3PedalMINI
Saving The Manuals!
United_States
Rep
Drives: Manual 18 M3

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by pikcachu View Post
Actually you do can remove by coding out the M animation from the idrive screen and even the one in the extended cluster too.

Just look in the DIY coding subforum
Ohh no way! I already have a list of coding mods i want todo, had no idea i could remove the ///M splash screen! thanks for the heads up!

M235i 5/1/2015 ED July 8th @ 4:40pm with PCD Delivery September 9th Gone July 2nd 2018
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2015, 07:36 AM   #28
W///
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: F82GTS, E36/E92M3, Z4M

Am I the only one that doesn't pick a car 100% strictly on color choices? While I'm lucky that I actually happen to like LBB, if BMW just released white and black, I would have just gone for the white and "dealt" with it.

Hell, how many people would say no to the E46 M3 CSL? You had a choice between grey or black. So what?

E36 LTW? White only.

I love that actually

P.S. I still don't see how anyone can say that LBB is not a vivid color. That would be like looking at this pic of VO and saying it's "dull". My 2 cents
07 E85 Z4M Roadster, Alpine White/Red, 6MT
99 E36 M3, Techno Violet/Dove Grey, 6MT
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2015, 07:50 AM   #29
css
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Macan S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dackelone View Post
I would have liked to see some classic BMW ///M colors.

Colors like:

Hell Red or Imola Red
Dakar Yellow or Speed Yellow
Techno Violet
(even though I know its a love/hate color - I dig it!)
Santorini Blue or Laguna Seca
Moonstone Silver Metallic
Citrus Black Metallic

I am also puzzled that we did not see Donington Grey make the cut. A few of my insiders(I have more than one source!) insisted that Donington Grey, would be one of the lead intro colors for the M2.

Dackel

PS: I guess BMW's thinking behind LLB(Long Beach Blue) is that many 1M's were built in VO and many(?) 1M owners might want a change from VO to something "different". ? Just a guess on my part.

Lets hope that your insider may not be 100% correct, so there may be a chance of a red / orangy / yellowish color as the 5th color, im satisfied with LBB but i would love to have a red-ish / yellowish color to choose from on the initial launch phase
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2015, 08:02 AM   #30
Artemis
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by css View Post
Lets hope that your insider may not be 100% correct, so there may be a chance of a red / orangy / yellowish color as the 5th color, im satisfied with LBB but i would love to have a red-ish / yellowish color to choose from on the initial launch phase
Recently SCOTT26 got the following question:
Quote:
Originally Posted by advantage20 View Post
SCOTT26 you told us a while back that the M2 would launch with a new vivid orange reminiscent of ancient BMWs... Is that gone down the toilet?
and responded:
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTT26 View Post
I think we may see this on the M4 GTS or M2 "Further Progress".
Read: it ain't excluded that the M2 GTS/CSL will get some sort of red/orange variant as color.

He hinted to "a sort of burnt orange metallic, a sort of Kyalami Orange remix" last Summer. However, at that time no distinction was made yet between M2 base version and M2 GTS/CSL: http://www.2addicts.com/forums/showp...7&postcount=58
      05-11-2015, 08:12 AM   #31
Adem1534
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '16 M2

Damn, people on this forum get way too personal against each other, let's relax guys...
Appreciate 3
      05-11-2015, 08:12 AM   #32
Artemis
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by W/// View Post
Am I the only one that doesn't pick a car 100% strictly on color choices? While I'm lucky that I actually happen to like LBB, if BMW just released white and black, I would have just gone for the white and "dealt" with it.
Hell, how many people would say no to the E46 M3 CSL? You had a choice between grey or black. So what?
E36 LTW? White only.
I love that actually
The E36 M3 Lightweight (LTW), E46 M3 CSL and 1M all had a limited production run.

The M2 base version is not supposed to have a limited production run + 'BMW Individual' is not possible, so some color choice would be appreciated.

On the other hand BMW can decide to keep the 'take it or leave it' color choice for the M2 GTS/CSL.
      05-11-2015, 08:27 AM   #33
css
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Macan S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
Recently SCOTT26 got the following question:

and responded:

Read: it ain't excluded that the M2 GTS/CSL will get some sort of red/orange variant as color.

He hinted to "a sort of burnt orange metallic, a sort of Kyalami Orange remix" last Summer. However, at that time no distinction was made yet between M2 base version and M2 GTS/CSL: http://www.2addicts.com/forums/showp...7&postcount=58
Or possibly new colors added in for the M2 facelift (with the 2 series) probably due in 2017?
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2015, 08:30 AM   #34
W///
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
The E36 M3 Lightweight (LTW), E46 M3 CSL and 1M all had a limited production run.

The M2 base version is not supposed to have a limited production run + 'BMW Individual' is not possible, so some color choice would be appreciated.

On the other hand BMW can decide to keep the 'take it or leave it' color choice for the M2 GTS/CSL.
I don't see how the logic is different personally. Whether or not a car is limited production or not, that wouldn't stop me from getting one if we assume the M2 is as good as the 1M.

They could make it in white only and I wouldn't care (too much )
Appreciate 1
      05-11-2015, 08:44 AM   #35
Steven1077
Lieutenant Colonel
England
Rep
Drives: M140i

They could at least offer the same colours as the M235i as the factory is already set-up for that
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2015, 09:00 AM   #36
twin fed
Doc Brown
Rep
Drives: 2016 MG MT M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven1077 View Post
They could at least offer the same colours as the M235i as the factory is already set-up for that
I think that they want to separate it from the M235i

Appreciate 0
      05-11-2015, 09:18 AM   #37
david.orr
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: Cars

Quote:
Originally Posted by twin fed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven1077 View Post
I think that they want to separate it from the M235i
AW BSM MG are already available for non-M2 tho.
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2015, 09:32 AM   #38
DVC
Diligentia Vis Celeritas
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i

Garage List
Quote:
Am I the only one that doesn't pick a car 100% strictly on color choices?
Nope, I'm with you on this. Color is literally the last consideration for me in choosing a car. Not saying it's not important, but it is not a factor for me at all in deciding if I want the car or not... if I like the car, I'll just choose the best color option available; there are very few colors that would turn me off enough to be unwilling to buy a car that I otherwise want.

LBB isn't my favorite of BMWs blues, but it will work well on this car I think.
      05-11-2015, 09:35 AM   #39
Adem1534
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '16 M2

Quote:
I don't see how the logic is different personally. Whether or not a car is limited production or not, that wouldn't stop me from getting one if we assume the M2 is as good as the 1M.

They could make it in white only and I wouldn't care (too much )
On a side note, just realized you've put the M2 in your comment signature... damn, that picture just made me extra excited again. That's my favorite shot so far.
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2015, 10:10 AM   #40
W///
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVC View Post
Nope, I'm with you on this. Color is literally the last consideration for me in choosing a car. Not saying it's not important, but it is not a factor for me at all in deciding if I want the car or not... if I like the car, I'll just choose the best color option available; there are very few colors that would turn me off enough to be unwilling to buy a car that I otherwise want.

LBB isn't my favorite of BMWs blues, but it will work well on this car I think.
Agreed completely. Unless they announced that brown was the only color available. Then I might flinch

But then I'd just figure out how much it would cost to wrap the car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adem1534 View Post
On a side note, just realized you've put the M2 in your comment signature... damn, that picture just made me extra excited again. That's my favorite shot so far.
That's my background on my computer at work too, I love that shot. The M2 looks right at home next to her 2 siblings haha.

Unless the M2 is super limited like the 1M, I'll probably wait a year or 2 so that I can keep the E36 as well. Are you planning to get them early on Alex?
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2015, 10:53 AM   #41
G-Mann
Captain
Rep
Drives: M4CX

Shakir Orange would have been sweet, perhaps in 2017?

Bottom line is they will sell every M2 they produce so it does not seem like color options were at the top of their priority list.

2022 M4 Comp X
2021 M440ix - Sold
2015 M235 - Sold
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2015, 11:06 AM   #42
nachob
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2004 330i ZHP, 2022 Cayman T

I think more color choices always better but if the question means more vivid color choices instead of the four mentioned then I say no because Yaz Marina and Austin Yellow are hideous and I would worry we would end up with another ugly color. Sakhir Orange looks nice on some cars and would be a nice addition so that the redish palette is represented or perhaps a real red.
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2015, 01:00 PM   #43
vantagesc
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW

My four would have been:
- laguna seca blue
- carbon black
- imola red
- white

Basically the ///M colors.
Appreciate 1
      05-11-2015, 01:12 PM   #44
W///
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by vantagesc View Post
My four would have been:
- laguna seca blue
- carbon black
- imola red
- white

Basically the ///M colors.
I'd be agonizing over LSB or IR. I love both those colors so much.
Appreciate 0