BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M2 Forum > Pricing / Ordering / European Delivery / PCD > Still waiting for an allocation?

06-20-2017, 03:38 PM   #23
bazerk007
No_Country
Rep
Drives: '18 M2 LBB 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by HPIA4v2 View Post
Here,
http://www.bmwbellevue.com/new-inven...nchor-model-24

I can bet my right arm and my first born they want MSRP + mark up, no other dealer in my area has any on the lot

One of the 2017 built was Feb2017 based on VIN, and doesn't have the $800 price increase though.
I went here in February '17 but they wouldn't budge on their $5K markup so I took my money elsewhere. I checked out BMW Seattle and BMW Northwest. The wait list at Seattle was 30+ orders and the sales guy said he would feel bad taking my deposit. Now I am sitting on a week 34 build at MSRP from BMW Northwest - got the call last week.
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2017, 04:00 PM   #24
HPIA4v2
Major
Rep
Drives: F80, F86

Quote:
Originally Posted by bazerk007 View Post
I went here in February '17 but they wouldn't budge on their $5K markup so I took my money elsewhere. I checked out BMW Seattle and BMW Northwest. The wait list at Seattle was 30+ orders and the sales guy said he would feel bad taking my deposit. Now I am sitting on a week 34 build at MSRP from BMW Northwest - got the call last week.
Good for you.

Yup a friend of mine went to Seattle to get his M4 last March, twice a lucky guy, right before price increase and right before the license plate increase.

Well, with such a high demand on M2, low interest rate, dealer can gamble just paying $200 a month a car on interest and insurance; cheap compare to potential pay-off if someone buys the car with mark up.
Supply-n-demand at play.
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2017, 05:43 PM   #25
SonOfWMB
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW M2

I placed my order with BMW of Spokane in Sept 2016 at MSRP, but asked for a Q3 2017 European Delivery. I'm first in line, but still waiting for an allocation.
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2017, 09:33 AM   #26
rusky
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2 LBB 6-speed (deposit)

Quote:
That's good news, I'm waitlisted at BMW Northwest as well. What was your position? I'd like to see how fast they're moving along...
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2017, 11:56 AM   #27
bazerk007
No_Country
Rep
Drives: '18 M2 LBB 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by rusky View Post
That's good news, I'm waitlisted at BMW Northwest as well. What was your position? I'd like to see how fast they're moving along...
When I first put down my deposit in February '17, I was 9 of 9. Right before I received my allocation I was 1 of 11 for about a month, maybe more. I imagine some people dropped out through loss of financing or getting allocations at other dealers first. I was told they are getting 1-2 M2's a month but I would guess it is closer to 1 than 2. It really depends on how production goes, but if you are #1 now, you will likely get a call in the next month or two a for a Q4 build. Just guessing.
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2017, 12:04 PM   #28
rusky
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2 LBB 6-speed (deposit)

Quote:
When I first put down my deposit in February '17, I was 9 of 9. Right before I received my allocation I was 1 of 11 for about a month, maybe more. I imagine some people dropped out through loss of financing or getting allocations at other dealers first. I was told they are getting 1-2 M2's a month but I would guess it is closer to 1 than 2. It really depends on how production goes, but if you are #1 now, you will likely get a call in the next month or two a for a Q4 build. Just guessing.
Seems like quite a few people dropped out. I put my deposit down at the beginning of this month which secured me the #6 spot. I'll hope that more people drop and the dealer receives 2 allocations instead of 1. Best case I'll get one in a couple of months, worst case - 6. Then another 2 months for production and delivery...
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2017, 02:11 PM   #29
Dhunter9912
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 X3 Msport

Garage List
2017 M2 (Waiting fo ...  [0.00]
2016 X3  [0.00]
Just got my call today for production number, estimating to enter WW38. I had been on order list for just over 3 months waiting for allocation.
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2017, 04:11 PM   #30
bobert
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: manual shift cars

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfWMB View Post
I placed my order with BMW of Spokane in Sept 2016 at MSRP, but asked for a Q3 2017 European Delivery. I'm first in line, but still waiting for an allocation.
You may want to keep an eye out for threads like this one:

http://f87.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho....php?t=1396702

Not sure if that one is spoken for yet or not (may want to check), but it's the third thread I've seen so far where a 2018 allocation became available. Might be worth checking if they'll do ED for ED MSRP (if it's not taken yet) - that's how I got mine after my original CA laid an egg in the first round of allocations. Since you're looking for ED, you can buy from any dealer in the country who has an allocation and is willing to do ED for the ED MSRP. I'm guessing these allocations became available when some folks who had put down a couple (or more) deposits at different dealers actually GOT a pair of allocations and then of course gave up one. Best of luck!
      06-26-2017, 06:03 PM   #31
SonOfWMB
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW M2

Yep, I've been checking. I missed the first one by a few hours, but the CA was super nice about it. I checked into the one you mentioned, and they want US MSRP for ED, which I'm hesitant to do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobert View Post
You may want to keep an eye out for threads like this one:

http://f87.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho....php?t=1396702

Not sure if that one is spoken for yet or not (may want to check), but it's the third thread I've seen so far where a 2018 allocation became available. Might be worth checking if they'll do ED for ED MSRP (if it's not taken yet) - that's how I got mine after my original CA laid an egg in the first round of allocations. Since you're looking for ED, you can buy from any dealer in the country who has an allocation and is willing to do ED for the ED MSRP. I'm guessing these allocations became available when some folks who had put down a couple (or more) deposits at different dealers actually GOT a pair of allocations and then of course gave up one. Best of luck!
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2017, 08:14 PM   #32
OSee
Captain
Rep
Drives: M2 Sold

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfWMB View Post
Yep, I've been checking. I missed the first one by a few hours, but the CA was super nice about it. I checked into the one you mentioned, and they want US MSRP for ED, which I'm hesitant to do.
Don't. There are ED for Euro MSRP deals out there.

Find a low volume dealer.
Appreciate 0