06-06-2016, 06:48 PM   #23
ilovewagons
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 328i F31 M-Sport EB to MG F87

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiley1175 View Post
2015 Salma too old?

Not at all, I certainly wouldn't kick her out for eating crackers in bed, just that wifey looks more like Salma in From Dusk Till Dawn, but I fear we're getting enchantingly off topic.
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2017, 12:36 PM   #24
Ghost of Akina
Enlisted Member
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2017 M2 (LBB 6MT)

I drove the Giulia Quadrofoglio today and thought I'd chip in my quick impressions.

Liked (working from superficial to deep): looks, noise, size. Lovely alcantara seats and thin steering wheel (also with alcantara) which I liked way better than ours. Brakes are deeply capable and the power is immense; even with a tight engine (only a few hundred km so far) it definitely feels significantly faster than an M2-4. I've not driven the newer Comp Pack M3 mind you. Quick turn in and super stiff chassis are stunning with remarkably good damping (Golf R is a good comparison for the latter and again much better than ours).

Disliked: brakes have no feel despite being impressive (I blame the brake by wire). Engine is very heavily boosted and feels it with significant lag comparable to the M2 rather than the relatively lag free M3. The B pillar is positioned very strangely and gave me a terrible blind spot. Back seat is definitely tighter than an M3 and closer to the M2 that way. Infotainment is hideous compared to iDrive with a screen that is mostly dead space.

Overall, it's a pretty impressive car on a test drive. I like the dynamic aspects of it on first impression much more than an M3 and if I were in the market for either I'd seriously think about getting the new Italian (as-yet unproven reliability notwithstanding).

Compared to the M2, it's way more money and I'm not entirely convinced it's more fun though I lean towards yes it is and I definitely think it's more fun than the current M3. Probably not half as nice to live with as an M3 but for those who just want a sports sedan first and a nice daily driver second it's worth a close look for sure.
Appreciate 3
oolas3387.00
jjr26115.00