BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M2 Forum > BMW M2 Discussions > My dealer just sent me this...

07-11-2017, 02:53 PM   #45
Reedomn
Major
Rep
Drives: Lambo Huracan/RR Velar/C8

I am first on the list but they did lock me in a room for hours and interrogate me. Brought me to tears and eventually cried out for my mother. Guess it's worth it.
e36 M3, e30 M3........
Appreciate 5
Spa2k1194.00
JustChris17485.50
StephGOD218.50
      07-12-2017, 10:44 AM   #46
termigni
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: S2000, MacanS, M4CS

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [0.00]
they sent you this so they can collect your deposit money to earn some interest.

2018 ///M2 LCI, Metallic Orange, 6MT, Exec Pkg, Apple.. Sold

Instagram: Tommys911
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2017, 11:16 AM   #47
Artemis
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by CommitConfirm View Post
Whatever happens my dealer has just been asked by BMW UK to supply detail and proof of my car buying history.
Back in 2015, Porsche US (PCNA) offered a right of first refusal to all those on the Porsche 918 Spyder VIP 'early access' program, allowing these privilege customers to secure a Cayman GT4 allocation ahead of the normal 'line' ("It is my pleasure to offer you, per your 918 Spyder VIP privileges, the opportunity to be among the first to acquire the new Cayman GT4."). PCNA offered them one week to decide and allocated the remaining US-allocated expected production to US dealers (source: https://rennlist.com/forums/987-981-...l#post12016567).

07-12-2017, 07:45 PM   #48
mtoosexy
Captain
Rep
Drives: It like I stole It.

Garage List
Well, this is my first BMW purchase so I guess I am out for the CS. Unless they want to start a bidding war.
      07-14-2017, 10:58 AM   #49
IS3andME
Major
Rep
Drives: Lexus IS300

Quote:
Originally Posted by pruettfan View Post
Why would they add weight to a car that is supposed to the the top performance model?? Even if you had lightweight glass you still need the mechanism and structure so your adding weight for no real benefit.
Back when the M3/M4 was announced, there were people who wanted a sunroof/moonroof with the carbon fiber roof. Which makes zero sense.
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2017, 03:19 PM   #50
JustChris
General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Tesla MYRWD

When I placed my interest in the M2CS I had to fill out a form with my car history with the dealer and M cars. I was told I was the only person who had registered an interest.

Paid a Ł1000 deposit.

Dealer had no idea about numbers and allocation. Jus staying that's what my dealer knew and they do seem to stock and shift quite a few Ms. He has a customer with an M4CS and he says that allocation was only recently sorted i.e. A few weeks after official unveiling etc.

Good luck to all those on a list. I'm certain it will be a great car, just think I'll be happy with a regular M2.

Viva la M!
      07-15-2017, 11:48 AM   #51
Bluenose-2er
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2017 LBB 6MT M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by rusky View Post
8k increase is not too bad
That price hike is pure speculation... their opinion and not supported by any real intel. I cannot see it being less than $15K US hike... $9K for engine alone.
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2017, 02:02 PM   #52
ClothSeats
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 17 1LE

I hate these "reveals" where the only things revealed are guesses and quick photoshops.

The author probably wrote this article on the crapper.

Last edited by ClothSeats; 07-15-2017 at 02:08 PM..
Appreciate 2
JustChris17485.50
StephGOD218.50
      07-15-2017, 05:09 PM   #53
six-n-twins53
Amateur Tattoo Artist
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3 zcp

Hahahaha
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2017, 05:31 PM   #54
CommitConfirm
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: The Bus

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenose-2er View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by rusky View Post
8k increase is not too bad
That price hike is pure speculation... their opinion and not supported by any real intel. I cannot see it being less than $15K US hike... $9K for engine alone.
That's Ł8k pound sterling which once upon a time would have been close to $15k than it is the to $10k it is today
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2017, 05:40 PM   #55
kiysersosae
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 1M, M2CS, M3CS

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClothSeats View Post
I hate these "reveals" where the only things revealed are guesses and quick photoshops.

The author probably wrote this article on the crapper.
It was here in these very forums that all the information was collected then put into a magazine, most of those journalists don't have a clue what's going on until the dealers tell them, they just trawl the Internet looking for info.
Appreciate 2
      07-15-2017, 06:22 PM   #56
ryem3
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 MB M2 CS

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryem3 View Post
Yeah, yeah, really doesn't say anything. I didn't sense anything definitive in that article. Even that price premium is speculation.
Can't believe the thread still goes on after I said this from the very beginning. I can't believe dealers are trying to get "credentials" to get on the list for a CS. I was on the list before I got my M2. With a PO at MSRP. A bit of a benefit, but it won't really be a limited car. Not like a GT4. If you want a 2014 GT3, you're STILL paying near sticker for a car nearly 4 years old with miles. Don't even think about a GT3RS, which was another car allocated to 918 owners if they wanted one.
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2017, 08:28 PM   #57
Artemis
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiysersosae View Post
It was here in these very forums that all the information was collected then put into a magazine, most of those journalists don't have a clue what's going on until the dealers tell them, they just trawl the Internet looking for info.
They forgot to include the disclaimer "This story may be based, to some extent, on actual events. In certain cases incidents, characters and timelines have been changed for dramatic purposes. Certain characters may be composites, or entirely fictitious."
      07-15-2017, 08:38 PM   #58
SW19
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2016 Alpine White M2

I still won't be surprised if the guy on the 2ertalk.de forum was right all along and the regular M2 gets discontinued when the M2 CS is released in March.
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2017, 06:13 AM   #59
kiysersosae
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
They forgot to include the disclaimer "This story may be based, to some extent, on actual events. In certain cases incidents, characters and timelines have been changed for dramatic purposes. Certain characters may be composites, or entirely fictitious."
Ha ha ha...
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2017, 06:17 AM   #60
kiysersosae
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Slightly off topic; I mean this whole sentence was nothing to do with then, in particular the sections out the DCT gearbox cooling pipe, I remember a forum member spotting that and making the call months ago!

From Car Magazine
We've previously scooped the M2 CS out winter testing (above). The exhaust arrangement is one clue, closely resembling that of the current M3 and M4. The cooler for the dual-clutch transmission has moved, too. Ordinarily it can be glimpsed through the front grille ‘kidneys’, not so in this case – but plumbing visible through the lower parts of the front spoiler indicates the M3/M4’s ‘S55’ engine.
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2017, 06:31 AM   #61
Nine Lives
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Austin Maxi

Quote:

From Car Magazine
We've previously scooped the M2 CS out winter testing (above). The exhaust arrangement is one clue, closely resembling that of the current M3 and M4. The cooler for the dual-clutch transmission has moved, too. Ordinarily it can be glimpsed through the front grille ‘kidneys’, not so in this case – but plumbing visible through the lower parts of the front spoiler indicates the M3/M4’s ‘S55’ engine.
This quote is an Addendum to the original latest magazine article that I posted on another thread which is interesting.

It's also interesting to note that if they mean that the plumbing is different by way of the intercoolers absence then this could also mean that there is still a chance that it may be a B58 engine or derivative thereof.

Just playing Devil's advocate on this one
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2017, 07:51 AM   #62
Artemis
Rep

Quote:
Slightly off topic; I mean this whole sentence was nothing to do with then, in particular the sections out the DCT gearbox cooling pipe, I remember a forum member spotting that and making the call months ago!
From Car Magazine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nine Lives View Post
This quote is an Addendum to the original latest magazine article that I posted on another thread which is interesting.
It's also interesting to note that if they mean that the plumbing is different by way of the intercoolers absence then this could also mean that there is still a chance that it may be a B58 engine or derivative thereof.
Both findings have been reported on this forum several months ago. Those magazines are a bit slow in reporting.
      07-17-2017, 12:51 PM   #63
kiysersosae
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nine Lives View Post

The plumbing they are talking about - well they don't really know what they are talking about- is the missing cool pipe for the transmission. it was picked up on the forum that for the M2 the plumbing was in behind the grill and not on the M3/4. Thus eluding to the fact that this must be an S55 engine.... But you make a good point, it could be the B58 in there.
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2017, 07:59 PM   #64
mtoosexy
Captain
Rep
Drives: It like I stole It.

Garage List
Quote:
The plumbing they are talking about - well they don't really know what they are talking about- is the missing cool pipe for the transmission. it was picked up on the forum that for the M2 the plumbing was in behind the grill and not on the M3/4. Thus eluding to the fact that this must be an S55 engine.... But you make a good point, it could be the B58 in there.
Perhaps the B58 in the M2 and the S55 in the CSM2? I hear/feel the N55 is done by next year.
      07-23-2017, 08:51 AM   #65
PackPride85
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2

They can run the N55 until Sept 2019. All cars produced after must meet Euro 6C emissions (the standard goes into effect on 9/18 but you're allowed one year to get existing models into compliance). I don't think you'll see the B58 in this generation M2 considering this gen 2 series is done in 2020.
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2017, 09:53 AM   #66
Artemis
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by PackPride85 View Post
They can run the N55 until Sept 2019. All cars produced after must meet Euro 6C emissions (the standard goes into effect on 9/18 but you're allowed one year to get existing models into compliance). I don't think you'll see the B58 in this generation M2 considering this gen 2 series is done in 2020.
I can see your point. It makes sense to expect the base M2 (or a 'Competion Package' version with a few more horses, should that be in the works) to feature the N55 engine till the 'end of production' date (2020).

However, apart from what's allowed, don't underestimate how emissions regulations can influence future purchase decisions of customers. For example, one of my cars is a diesel, and it's almost certainly the last diesel car I ever bought. More and more cities start restricting access of vehicles on the basis of emission levels (diesel cars are facing a gloomy future). So even if your old(er) car meets all legal emissions requirements, you won't enter that particular city (or a part of it), or at a price, or only during some imposed time-periods. As time moves on, the car ages, and restrictions go tighter, forcing you someday to either get rid of it or rent a garage out of town to store it. "Updates" offered by manufacturers (such as for example the - cough - "software updates" for diesel cars announced earlier this week by Audi and Mercedes), may remedy, albeit only for a while.