BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M2 Forum > BMW M2 Discussions > My dealer just sent me this...

07-09-2017, 02:09 PM   #23
No Boost
enthusiasm > practicality
United_States
Rep
Drives: 987 CS | G35x

Garage List
Bespoke seats, tuning potential, and (speculated) M4 mirrors are only reasons I'd consider this.

Heavier 666 wheels (speculated), S55 exhaust/engine note, DCT only (speculated), and substantial price premium are reasons to avoid.

The jury has only just recessed on this one. Certainty need more information
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2017, 07:34 PM   #24
stefan
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: M2 Comp

I really don't think you will get a manual option here. The CS needs to post times. It's a numbers car. It will be DCT only.
      07-10-2017, 12:36 AM   #25
kiysersosae
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 1M, M2CS, M3CS

I was sent this link on Facebook by a friend and I commented that the magazine was just filling pages and cashing in on speculation. Then I got a twat messaging me saying that it is a real car and he has a deposit down with his dealer and was given a build slot... I obviously laughed out loud!
Appreciate 2
JustChris17483.00
StephGOD218.50
      07-10-2017, 07:57 AM   #26
BishUK
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M2 DCT LBB

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiysersosae View Post
I was sent this link on Facebook by a friend and I commented that the magazine was just filling pages and cashing in on speculation. Then I got a twat messaging me saying that it is a real car and he has a deposit down with his dealer and was given a build slot... I obviously laughed out loud!
M2 CS is a real car, people have got deposits down (me included and ratified by BMW UK themselves) so I'm guessing you are laughing at the 'build slot' bit - as yes, that's total nonsence.

CAR Magazine does have a very good track record of "M Division" scoops and from what we've been gathering over the past few months their artists impression is likely not too far from how the car will look. We can also take some confidence from the M2 Safety Car and M4 CS in terms of guessing which bits and bobs will likely come on the M2 variant (front splitter being one common denominator) and what the CS moniker means now for BMW - a lighter, even more track focused, numbers based weapon.

I think the thing we're all dying to know for sure is what lump will be powering it, S55 or B58?

Most likely from what we know, Frankfurt debut in September, production March '18, first deliveries June '18.

If it comes in San Marino Blue with a tuned B58 engine and c£55-£60K then its a no brainer for me.

S55, no carbon roof option, and zero new paint options and £60K+ then its something to consider once all the fact are known.
Appreciate 3
      07-10-2017, 08:13 AM   #27
Levente_CSL
Banned
Rep
Drives: bmw m3 csl

another bullshit marketing car from BMW.
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2017, 01:01 PM   #28
as7920
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2023 SG/FR M4 xDrive Competiti

Quote:
Originally Posted by BishUK View Post
...........ratified by BMW UK themselves......
Interested to know how your deposit was ratified. I'm on 3 lists but don't recall being ratified yet.

If the order process is anything like the M4 CS then prospective buyers of that car have only just recently found out they have been allocated a car.
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2017, 01:43 PM   #29
BishUK
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by as7920 View Post
Quote:
Interested to know how your deposit was ratified. I'm on 3 lists but don't recall being ratified yet.

If the order process is anything like the M4 CS then prospective buyers of that car have only just recently found out they have been allocated a car.
By ratified I mean...

The dealer who supplied my new M2 has been told by BMW UK that they shall be receiving an allocation of 2 M2 CS build slots (or whatever the final moniker turns out to be) when expected production is due to begin in March '18. I'm no.1 on their list (priority is being given to current new M2 purchasers) so will def be getting an early car - assuming I like the car when full details are released.
Appreciate 1
      07-10-2017, 01:51 PM   #30
as7920
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by as7920 View Post
Quote:

By ratified I mean...

The dealer who supplied my new M2 has been told by BMW UK that they shall be receiving an allocation of 2 M2 CS build slots (or whatever the final moniker turns out to be) when expected production is due to begin in March '18. I'm no.1 on their list (priority is being given to current new M2 purchasers) so will def be getting an early car - assuming I like the car when full details are released.
Great thanks for the info. Not heard that from anyone else so good to know! ??
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2017, 02:58 PM   #31
Artemis
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 Competition

Quote:
M2 CS is a real car, people have got deposits down (me included and ratified by BMW UK themselves)
Quote:
By ratified I mean...
"list" - "2 M2 CS build slots": for the time being, those can only exist in your dealer's mind as expectations; personally, I can't see BMW HQ (Germany) decide over allocations before this Autumn.

"March '18": 2018 has 365 days.
      07-10-2017, 04:00 PM   #32
BishUK
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
Quote:
M2 CS is a real car, people have got deposits down (me included and ratified by BMW UK themselves)
Quote:
By ratified I mean...
"list" - "2 M2 CS build slots": for the time being, those can only exist in your dealer's mind as expectations; personally, I can't see BMW HQ (Germany) decide over allocations before this Autumn.

"March '18": 2018 has 365 days.
My dealer has actually been told they will receive a total allocation of 4 cars in 2018, and 2 of those will come immediately at launch.
I'm only repeating my own experience, and have a lot of trust with my dealer - who in turn has a monthly call with the M division in Germany re status of all M cars, both current and incoming.
I'm happy, let's hope the cars a cracker when it's officially announced.
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2017, 04:41 PM   #33
Artemis
Rep

Quote:
My dealer has actually been told they will receive a total allocation of 4 cars in 2018, and 2 of those will come immediately at launch.
I'm only repeating my own experience, and have a lot of trust with my dealer - who in turn has a monthly call with the M division in Germany re status of all M cars, both current and incoming.
I don't want to rain on your parade, I hope you're right, but from what I heard through the grapevine, dealers are still kept out of the M2 CS information loop till Autumn 2017. But maybe my hearing is inaccurate.
      07-10-2017, 11:08 PM   #34
kiysersosae
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 1M, M2CS, M3CS

Quote:
I hope all that is true but I don't know how on planet earth a dealer would know anything like this when the car has not even been officially announced! I also I have a deposit down, I'm 3rd on the list at my dealer and I asked him yesterday what the chances are of getting one being 3rd on the list, his answer was;

"Because the car doesn't have an official release or tag so to speak I don't have anything from BMW to pass over to you unfortunately but will do as soon as I get anything."

I think this is an honest answer from him
Appreciate 2
Artemis29281.00
StephGOD218.50
      07-11-2017, 01:23 AM   #35
OSee
Captain
Rep
Drives: M2 Sold

Quote:
I don't think most people realize how disconnected and out of the loop most dealers are from Munich.

There are 3,500 dealerships and yours is the only one who can't manage to keep a secret?

Hope you're right. But it's sounding like your dealer heard through a friend who heard through a friend. Plus, they'll take a deposit on a ///M7 right now if you gave them one.
Appreciate 5
Artemis29281.00
JustChris17483.00
StephGOD218.50
      07-11-2017, 01:54 AM   #36
Nine Lives
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Austin Maxi

Quote:
Which will end up on AutoTrader
Appreciate 1
      07-11-2017, 03:50 AM   #37
Benef1cient
First Lieutenant
Poland
Rep
Drives: '18 LBB M2 LCI 6MT

Quote:
I don't want to rain on your parade, I hope you're right, but from what I heard through the grapevine, dealers are still kept out of the M2 CS information loop till Autumn 2017. But maybe my hearing is inaccurate.
That's usually true but in Poland at least dealers have a dedicated BMW M product manager who is spreading allocations over all dealerships. This guy knows much more as he's in constant contact with HQ and can tell you more if you have a dealer that has good relationship with him.
I also, like BishUK have a written confirmation, I'm #2 in line and after a talk with the product manager from BMW PL I was told I'm going to buy M2 CS directly from BMW Poland and not from the dealership, which is interesting.
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2017, 05:00 AM   #38
CommitConfirm
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: The Bus

Garage List
Whatever happens my dealer has just been asked by BMW UK to supply detail and proof of my car buying history.
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2017, 06:47 AM   #39
gmzanatta
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: LBB 6MT M2 # 660/713

Quote:
I've heard the same...Fall 2017 at the earliest. I'm calling BS on that dealer info.
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2017, 07:17 AM   #40
as7920
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by CommitConfirm View Post
Whatever happens my dealer has just been asked by BMW UK to supply detail and proof of my car buying history.
I was asked to supply this by only one of the 3 dealers I have registered my interest with. Hope that doesn't mean I'm out of the loop with the other two.
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2017, 07:24 AM   #41
Artemis
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmzanatta View Post
Quote:
I've heard the same...Fall 2017 at the earliest. I'm calling BS on that dealer info.
Let me underline that for you.

If dealers received any genuine M2 CS information whatsoever straight from BMW M or BMW HQ (Germany): they are not supposed to disclose it.
      07-11-2017, 09:40 AM   #42
Spa2k
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: '13 JCW

Quote:
Originally Posted by CommitConfirm View Post
For a flippin' M2? This isn't a half-million-dollar Ford GT or a million-dollar Ferrari! What's next - your being required to submit references and a video describing why you should be one of the annointed few who deserve to own an M2 CS?
Appreciate 1
as7920597.00
      07-11-2017, 09:48 AM   #43
CommitConfirm
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: The Bus

Garage List
Agreed. It's not a million dollar car but it is a real car. They exist. You can buy one too
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2017, 01:47 PM   #44
Gatte
Major
Rep
Drives: anything with 4 wheels.

I just spoke to a couple of dealerships where I have deposits on the M2 CS. They are NA dealerships and one of them is a high volume dealership on the West Coast.

Both of them did not have any solid news on the M2 CS. Neither of them even knew for sure how many M4 CS they will be receiving. The west coast dealership told me that it would mostly be 1 in 4 M4 allocations.
Appreciate 2
Artemis29281.00
StephGOD218.50