BMW M2 Forum > M2 vs... > M2 vs. TT RS vs. 718 Cayman S

06-04-2017, 05:14 AM   #23
c1pher
Primo Generalissimo
United_States
Rep
Drives: All of them

Garage List
I haven't driven the S, but I did drive the base. There is more noticeable turbo lag for some reason that isn't in their inline four turbos. I had to drive it in sport to really feel like it wasn't a Corolla. I would buy a Golf R or S3 over a base Cayman at this point. Seeing that you can already find base 718s $5-6k listed below MSRP as compared to the M2 being listed above MSRP in many cases should tell you something. I'm sure the 718S is selling better, since it does sound mildly better, but again, with options, you're looking at $80-90k for a four cylinder. And for that much money, it should do everything better than the M2 including sound better, just IMO. I'm sure some people will buy a Cayman, just because Porsche, but I think the people in Stuttgart already know they screwed up.

But I guess if you go to a Porsche dealer, maybe you end up buying a CPO 911 instead? I dunno.
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2017, 05:19 AM   #24
Romo
Lieutenant Colonel
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: GR Yaris GT4RS

They sure f.cked up in Stuttgart, the know it, sales are not that wel for the Cayman and Boxster for what I`m heard of.

718 GT4 might make up for that, they better should be.
Appreciate 0