BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos > I'm really pissed now - Is Craig's List deleting your ads too?

07-20-2017, 08:07 PM   #1
expidia
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2016 X5 35i

I'm really pissed now - Is Craig's List deleting your ads too?

I've sold a boat and 3 cars within the past 12 months on craigs list.

Tonight I spent the past hour writing and an to sell my daughter's subaru outback
Included pics and within 5 min. of posting it was flagged for deletion and then gone!

I googled to see why and came up with a thread from 2009 that talked of used car dealers flagging from many ip address's because CL wont remove an ad from just one person flagging it.

Now I'm also thinking maybe my local liberal rag "the times union" sees dropping ad revenue from used car ads in their classified section so they might be paying people to flag CL used car ads for removal?

Just seems weird that the thread below is from 8 years ago and CL has not rectified this.

I post no links or nothing that would be in violation of CL rules.
Are others here seeing this happen to their postings too?

https://forums.anandtech.com/threads...ost-it.309431/

Last edited by expidia; 07-20-2017 at 09:47 PM..
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2017, 10:51 PM   #2
NFiftyWon
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E90 LCI 328 X-Drive

Anyone could run a macro to refresh VPN or even 4g connection to renew IP, create a new account and flag a specific ad. However this seems ridiculous to me.. used car salesmen are typically not that intelligent. Maybe a fluke, if it happens again then we can talk about hypothetical sabotage.
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2017, 06:24 AM   #3
expidia
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFiftyWon View Post
Anyone could run a macro to refresh VPN or even 4g connection to renew IP, create a new account and flag a specific ad. However this seems ridiculous to me.. used car salesmen are typically not that intelligent. Maybe a fluke, if it happens again then we can talk about hypothetical sabotage.
Nope. the way it works is anyone can run a program that pulls up the newest ads posted. then they just click on prohibited and the ad is instantly flagged for removable. 5 min later its gone.

This is CL's fault as they know this but dont do anything about it.
I can understand an algorithm that CL uses flagging for ads that violet their rules or one that catches inappropriate pictures but the ability for anyone to flag and delete your ad by anyone is total BS.

The dealership says to their staff go home tonight and flag XXX brand new listings from your home computer. All are now coming from different IP's, so CL thinks they are prohibited and the system deletes them instantly.

Used car salesman dont have to be rocket scientist to do this as selling on CL allows people to buy used cars $1,000's cheaper which hurts their revenue.

I can't believe CL still allows this to go on.
people selling houses by owner are probably having similar difficulties getting their house for sale posted if that posting is free too.

I googled around and probably found a solution but since you were the only one who responded to my post if you ever run into your new ad selling a car instantly deleted PM me.

No point in sharing, if no one is interested.
Or you can google it yourself.
I just want to get my ad posted first and not deleted, so Im not advertising blanket solutions to others.

But thx for your response. I know you think its not happening but it is. My daughter tried posting a similar ad from her house and bang it was gone.

It only takes a bunch of car salesman clowns sitting around with nothing to do, smoking cigs and flagging new ads! Pisses me off that CL allows this. But there is no one to complain to there. I'm sure after that post 9 years ago they know its going on, but just dont care.

Last edited by expidia; 07-26-2017 at 08:32 PM..
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2017, 04:39 PM   #4
skyline408
Major
Rep
Drives: 2023 G80 M3 2022 F95 X5M

conspiracy theories aside, you're probably getting insta-flaged by the system.

I'd start with posting your ad here for help: https://www.craigslist.org/about/hel...ity_moderation

I've sold tons of cars and motorcycles on CL, and I remember on one ad, I was getting auto-deleted minutes after it went up. Not sure why. Turns out it was because my pictures were too big, and CL system auto-flagged me.
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2017, 07:30 PM   #5
expidia
First Lieutenant
Rep

im up and running now with the ad by following how to beat them at their own game on google.

These deletions were from car places that use programs that pull up new ads. They click on prohibitive ad and the system auto deletes your ad.

I've sold a boat and 2 cars within the past year with no issues until now.
You might think its only a conspiracy theory but you'd be wrong.

Why not google posts on why is my ad being flagged and deleted . . . if anyone is interested.

One video explaining how to thwart these loser assholes didn't work, but the next video did. Google trojan horse craigslist!

Last edited by expidia; 07-22-2017 at 05:56 AM..
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2017, 08:01 PM   #6
dzvero
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2015 M$4 F82

You read too many things on internet
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2017, 06:16 AM   #7
G35POPPEDMYCHERRY
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: F80

Its Donald Trump Censoring Our Media!!!!!!!!!!!
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2017, 06:36 AM   #8
c1pher
Primo Generalissimo
United_States
Rep
Drives: All of them

Garage List
There are people who flag just to be buttholes because they have nothing else to do, or flag your post after they make contact with the seller because they plan to lowball you and want to make sure no one else can make an offer, so there are other reasons beyond what you described for what may be happening.
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2017, 02:21 PM   #9
expidia
First Lieutenant
Rep

First off the people who run craigs list are assholes.
John Q public should never be able to flag "anyones" ad and its automatically deleted.

Any ad not confirming to their rules should be reported to them and only they can delete it.

The scumbags that delete your ad have figured out that all they have to is click on prohibitive post and poof your ad is gone.

For those that have suggested im espousing a conspiracy theory.... thats actually pretty funny that you dont believe that this has been going on for like 10 years. But it does take a little intelligence on the poster of a CL ad to beat them at their own game when your posts get instantly deleted. luckily the jerks doing it are not that smart.

Last edited by expidia; 07-26-2017 at 08:34 PM..
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2017, 08:51 PM   #10
CirrusSR22
Major
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by expidia View Post
First off the people who run craigs list are assholes.
John Q public should never be able to flag "anyones" ad and its automatically deleted.

Any ad not confirming to their rules should be reported to them and only they can delete it.

The scumbags that delete your ad have figured out that all they have to is click on prohibitive post and poof your ad is gone.

For those that have suggested im espousing a conspiacy theory.... thats actually pretty funny that you dont believe that this has been going on for like 10 years. But it does take a little intelligence on the poster of a CL ad to beat them at their own game when your posts get instantly deleted. luckily the jerks doing it are not that smart.
You should ask Craigslist for your money back.
Appreciate 1
jkoral1023.00
      07-26-2017, 05:09 PM   #11
skyline408
Major
Rep
Drives: 2023 G80 M3 2022 F95 X5M

Quote:
Originally Posted by CirrusSR22 View Post
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2017, 05:12 PM   #12
Ickdeep
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '13 F10 M5 | '15 F15 X5

Garage List
2015 BMW X5  [10.00]
2013 BMW M5 [SOLD]  [10.00]
2013 BMW 535i [SOLD]  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by CirrusSR22 View Post
money? I thought it was free
Appreciate 0