07-13-2017, 02:41 AM   #89
ClothSeats
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 17 1LE

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoggieHowser View Post
Audi has been throwing shade about BMW drivers

This was one of their best ads in the 1990s that made me want an Audi - and it doesn't even mention or show a BMW.

And in those days - the BMW twat stereotype was probably true.

The irony of course - is that those are the same guys who buy Audi today
You just gave me a flashback to when I was 5 years old and this commercial was circulating on TV. It made no sense to me at the time.
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2017, 02:55 AM   #90
DoggieHowser
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F87 Pure F20 125i MSport 2017

Did anyone notice it was Alexis Denisof pre Buffy in the Audi ad?
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2017, 11:40 PM   #91
Dabozo
Major
Rep
Drives: M2 BSM MT

The true dicks of the road, at least in my neck of the woods, are the pick up trucks.
The bigger they get the more obnoxious and annoying their drivers become. Constantly having to go around them because they'll just cruise in the passing lane like they OWN THE DAMN ROAD!! MOVE THE F OVER!!!
k, I feel better now...
Appreciate 1
JustChris17423.00
      07-18-2017, 11:21 PM   #92
Bluenose-2er
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2017 LBB 6MT M2

Something I notice quite a lot... people around me drive more aggressively when I am in my BMW that when I am in my winter car (Volvo sedan). Started with my 135i several years ago... continues with the M2. More people cut me off, more people speed up when I am creeping past them on cruise control. Not just racer dudes... everyday people in Toyota Matrixes or SUVs. Not like everyone is out to get me... just a noticeable spike in that kind of response.

I tend to just let it go. Especially the Matrix that doesn't want me to pass... not like there was a question who is faster, so why bother? Nothing to prove.

To the OP... be very careful and learn to let it go. Almost nothing to gain... but lots of bad scenarios where you lose.
Appreciate 2
D CHOI580.00
hoyasaxa686.50
      07-18-2017, 11:29 PM   #93
D CHOI
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenose-2er
Something I notice quite a lot... people around me drive more aggressively when I am in my BMW that when I am in my winter car (Volvo sedan). Started with my 135i several years ago... continues with the M2. More people cut me off, more people speed up when I am creeping past them on cruise control. Not just racer dudes... everyday people in Toyota Matrixes or SUVs. Not like everyone is out to get me... just a noticeable spike in that kind of response.

I tend to just let it go. Especially the Matrix that doesn't want me to pass... not like there was a question who is faster, so why bother? Nothing to prove.

To the OP... be very careful and learn to let it go. Almost nothing to gain... but lots of bad scenarios where you lose.
There are lot of hyundais out here in Vegas and they seem to drive the most aggressive when I'm in my M2 even when I'm driving normally. However in my other car civic SI the normal cars don't drive aggressively but other modded low - mid end cars try to flex on me. However when in the M2 those same cars don't try to provoke me.
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2017, 09:08 AM   #94
bruin1md
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 Toyota 4runner TRD Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by M2 Blur View Post
I've had encounters from basic defensive driving to minding my own business.

One time, I was simply stopped at a light and a guy spit in my car, likely trying to hit my face. I felt his spit hit my hand and I was disgusted and infuriated when I realized what happened. Looking to my side, I saw this guy staring me down, locked eyes and noticed his two other drunken friends. I rolled up my window, didn't cower but slowly looked away. There wasn't going to be a good ending by any more confrontation.

Other times, someone trying to cut merging lanes at speed and expecting me to let them in... middle fingers fly, swerving in my lane... c'mon.

I've had people blow up because I was a second late on a green light and putting my MT in gear. They drive past me in anger, yelling, honking, etc.

There is never a good outcome, no matter what the situation. Things escalate, people get enraged over the stupidest things. Why fall into the same BS and then suffer the consequences because of a situation you didn't create.

If it's severe and you felt threatened... get the plate and report it. If this is someone that is dangerous, the chances are someone else has reported the driver previously. You'd be doing others a courtesy my making sure there is record of it.
wow. I'm blown away by this-- someone actually spit at you for no reason!??

I'm from L.A. but don't live there anymore-- this is a good reminder of some of the a**holes who live there and are allowed to drive
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2017, 09:09 AM   #95
bruin1md
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 Toyota 4runner TRD Pro

Nah-- we just shoot people here in the U.S.
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2017, 10:06 AM   #96
izzyM2
Major
Rep
Drives: 24’M2/21ID.4/21’MacanGTS

Even other bmw drivers hate bmw. I was in the middle lane and I see an E92 looking like an M car coming behind from the slow lane and as he gets ahead of me he intentionally acts like he wanted to side swipe me. Begeez of me, startled me like crazy. Kept my cool and life goes on. If I was younger and less wiser I would have gone for this dum-dum and we would have end up with two dum-dum's.
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2017, 09:26 PM   #97
Bluenose-2er
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by izzyM2 View Post
Even other bmw drivers hate bmw. I was in the middle lane and I see an E92 looking like an M car coming behind from the slow lane and as he gets ahead of me he intentionally acts like he wanted to side swipe me. Begeez of me, startled me like crazy. Kept my cool and life goes on. If I was younger and less wiser I would have gone for this dum-dum and we would have end up with two dum-dum's.
Really? I usually get nods and thumbs up from other BMW drivers. Was driving down the highway one of the first days with my car, this X5 comes up in the passing lane and suddenly matches my speed right beside me. When I tweak to this, I look over and the driver and his two sons in the passenger seat and back seat are giving me big thumbs up.
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2017, 10:06 PM   #98
izzyM2
Major
Rep
Drives: 24’M2/21ID.4/21’MacanGTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenose-2er View Post
Really? I usually get nods and thumbs up from other BMW drivers. Was driving down the highway one of the first days with my car, this X5 comes up in the passing lane and suddenly matches my speed right beside me. When I tweak to this, I look over and the driver and his two sons in the passenger seat and back seat are giving me big thumbs up.
Hey, just telling what actually happened.
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2017, 10:29 PM   #99
Bluenose-2er
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by izzyM2 View Post
Hey, just telling what actually happened.
Yeah... all kinds drive BMW I guess. The jerk you came across and the nice people too (like all of us on here, of course
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2017, 01:51 PM   #100
akkando
Major General
Rep
Drives: 17 M2 DCT LBB,11 e90 M3 ZCP IB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenose-2er View Post
It's the blacked out and slammed Ms or 335i cars that seem to aggressively tailgate and then speed up and cut me off. They seem to want to display dominance or something. My windows are not tinted and I am sure this triggers them greatly.
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2017, 04:17 PM   #101
Artemis
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by akkando View Post
It's the blacked out and slammed Ms or 335i cars that seem to aggressively tailgate and then speed up and cut me off. They seem to want to display dominance or something. My windows are not tinted and I am sure this triggers them greatly.
Those folks are often on the prowl for "Hehe, tonight I smoked that car" bragging rights in their local bar, in a (pissing) contest that's only organized inside their minds with no prizes to win.

As said before: if the situation risks to escalate, outsmart them by de-escalating. At the traffic lights, let the other car erratically take off with screeching tires while you slowly pull up.
      07-23-2017, 11:00 PM   #102
chambolle
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1995 M3 coupe; 2017 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3Si View Post
You've got a lot more to lose than him. Just move on next time, not worth it.
Indeed. The most dangerous people in the world are the ones with little or nothing to lose. The way to 'deal' with them is to steer clear whenever possible.

Why on earth the OP would get confrontational, then try to 'catch up with' the other driver, and then ask 'how do I handle road rage' is beyond comprehension. Sounds as though how to handle road rage in this instance is the OP should (1) grow up; or (2) take a prescription chill pill; or (3) go into therapy; or (4) take the bus; or (5) drive a minivan and stay out of trouble.
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2017, 05:17 AM   #103
D CHOI
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by chambolle View Post
Indeed. The most dangerous people in the world are the ones with little or nothing to lose. The way to 'deal' with them is to steer clear whenever possible.

Why on earth the OP would get confrontational, then try to 'catch up with' the other driver, and then ask 'how do I handle road rage' is beyond comprehension. Sounds as though how to handle road rage in this instance is the OP should (1) grow up; or (2) take a prescription chill pill; or (3) go into therapy; or (4) take the bus; or (5) drive a minivan and stay out of trouble.
Or #6 you should read this whole thread because you are beating a dead horse.

On a side note this is one of the best things that has ever happened to me because it potentially saved my life for future encounters and not just road rages. We all come from different backgrounds in life and it may be hard for everyone to relate to where I'm coming from. I've dealt with bad experiences in the past that somehow made me reacted that way. I just want to thank everyone on this forum who gave me good positive feedback as almost everyone here is older than me. I'm turning 30 this year and this was a good opportunity for me to wise up.

Last edited by D CHOI; 07-25-2017 at 06:35 AM..
Appreciate 2