BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M2 Forum > Pricing / Ordering / European Delivery / PCD > Long Beach Blue M2 European Delivery Adventure - Full Story with Pics

06-26-2017, 10:43 AM   #89
///M///
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2016 Manual AW F80

hdg76

I see you acknowledged my post above but can you please answer my question as well. Much appreciated.

My Amazing European Delivery Story
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2017, 12:20 PM   #90
longbeachbluem2
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: '76 2002 / '17 F87 M2

Garage List
2017 BMW M2  [0.00]
1976 BMW 2002  [0.00]
2004 Audi Allroad  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M/// View Post
hjk

Awesome pictures and awesome story I did my ED back in Aug 2015 (link in signature) Going again this August with a friend for his M2 delivery. Can you comment more on Strasbourg and Riuewihr? Worth visiting and how much time is needed? Also we were trying to decide between Heidelberg and Wurzburgh. They seem to be similar. Any advice?

Thanks.
Thanks man! Saw you tagged hjk and didn't realize you meant me haha. The gf and I loved Strasbourg and Riquewihr. If you're are into food/wine, highly recommend both. My gf has some more pics and info about both on her blog - (JQLouise.com/). We spent a day in Strasbourg and a day in Riquewihr, which was probably enough (although maybe could have used another day in Strasbourg). As for Wurzburg, we honestly chose it as a stopover on the way to the Nurburgring. We loved our hotel which overlooked the city, had a great couple of meals, and the roads nearby were a blast to drive. Didn’t see too many sites due to the short amount of time we were there, but in Aloha Joe's post they saw the palace and castle. We did drive to the castle at night, but I figured I put too many pics as is in the write-up as is haha. Let me know if this helps!
      06-26-2017, 12:38 PM   #91
///M///
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2016 Manual AW F80

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdg76 View Post
Thanks man! Saw you tagged hjk and didn't realize you meant me haha. The gf and I loved Strasbourg and Riquewihr. If you're are into food/wine, highly recommend both. My gf has some more pics and info about both on her blog - (JQLouise.com/). We spent a day in Strasbourg and a day in Riquewihr, which was probably enough (although maybe could have used another day in Strasbourg). As for Wurzburg, we honestly chose it as a stopover on the way to the Nurburgring. We loved our hotel which overlooked the city, had a great couple of meals, and the roads nearby were a blast to drive. Didn’t see too many sites due to the short amount of time we were there, but in Aloha Joe's post they saw the palace and castle. We did drive to the castle at night, but I figured I put too many pics as is in the write-up as is haha. Let me know if this helps!
Lol. My bad. Thanks. So one night in each place Strasbourg and Riquewihr? We are looking to do the 'Black Forest High Road" on way to Strasbourg. Not sure if you got the chance to drive that.

Thanks.

My Amazing European Delivery Story
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2017, 03:30 PM   #92
Aloha Joe
Hanapaa!
United_States
Rep
Drives: 17 M2 6mt, LBB

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M/// View Post
hdg76

Awesome pictures and awesome story I did my ED back in Aug 2015 (link in signature) Going again this August with a friend for his M2 delivery. Can you comment more on Strasbourg and Riuewihr? Worth visiting and how much time is needed? Also we were trying to decide between Heidelberg and Wurzburgh. They seem to be similar. Any advice?

Thanks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hdg76 View Post
Aloha M, Saw I got tagged here as my wife & I went to both Wurzburg & Heidelberg. Please keep in mind, that we didn't spend the night in either as it was a day trip on route to other destinations and spent approx 4 1/2 - 5 hours in each city.

Wurzburg, Castle and the views from there are excellent and the Residenz Palace plus it's garden are impressive. There are also a couple museums there, plus their pedestrian bridge which we didn't go to, due to our time constraints.

Heidelberg, We parked near the University which is the center of town and basically where all the action is. You can get to the castle from there but we didn't feel like seeing another castle after Wurzburg, plus we were going to Neuschwanstein later in our trip. Our understanding is that the Wurzburg castle is better due to no damage from the war and the views from both are fairly equivalent. Also their is a very nice pedestrian bridge in Heidelberg, which others have said it's views are also fairly equivalent to Wurzburg's, so we didn't feel like we lost out, not seeing the one in Wurzburg.

Heidelber has one main, shopping, cafe, bars area (next to pedestrian bridge) which covers about 10 blocks. My wife was more then happy to just have lunch, shop and walk the pedestrian bridge in Heidelberg. Can't believe that took about 4 1/2 hours but when it comes to women shopping

It's hard to say which one is better, but if I were to stay the night, I'd choose Wurzburg. Please keep in mind that I'm 59, but if I was 25-35, I'd most likely choose Heidelberg as it seemed like that central area would be really fun during the evening hours.
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2017, 12:41 AM   #93
mpbruin108
Mpbruin108
Rep
Drives: I'm a hypermiler

Loved this post. Reminded me of when I took ED delivery of my M4 back in the days. I also planned when the weather was nice and not snowy yet but unfortunately (or fortunately depending on who you asked) I did it during Oktoberfest and I did so much drinking, I don't think I made it out of Munich until 2 to 3 days later. haha The first place I went to was to Neuschwanstein Castle, which as you say, has great fun roads. I wish I stayed longer but I vowed that my next ED will include a longer trip, if I ever get the time to go. Maybe for the M2 CS. =)
Appreciate 1
      07-20-2017, 10:25 PM   #94
DocB
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M340i

Ok, is anyone going to ask what this guy does for a living to be able to afford such a trip let alone the car? I know it is none of my business but I am curious as hell. You look no older than 30 tops.
2015 435 GC
2015 X1
2016 X1
2018 ///M2
2020 M340i
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2017, 10:23 AM   #95
Corinne
Captain
France
Rep
Drives: M2 2018 LBB 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocB View Post
Ok, is anyone going to ask what this guy does for a living to be able to afford such a trip let alone the car? I know it is none of my business but I am curious as hell. You look no older than 30 tops.
How about we have a poll ?
Did you get your M2 from
a). Dad
b). Wife's Dad
c). Your own hard work ?
2011 Lotus Elise SC, 2002 BMW 330d, 1990 Caterham Super 7 HPC (sold), 1985 Porsche 911 Carrera SC (sold), 1978 Caterham Super 7 (sold), 1972 Triumph TR6 (sold), 1972 Jensen Healey (sold), 1965 Triumph TR4A (sold)
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2017, 09:53 AM   #96
longbeachbluem2
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: '76 2002 / '17 F87 M2

Garage List
2017 BMW M2  [0.00]
1976 BMW 2002  [0.00]
2004 Audi Allroad  [0.00]
Haha. Just saw the recent comments, as I got back from PCD this past week and are catching up with those photos and making first mods to the car.

FYI, car was bought with own money. No support from anyone's parents. Work in finance and have been waiting for this car for a while. Also helps that my girlfriend has a travel blog (JQLouise.com) and some good connections