BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
M2 Technical Topics > N55 Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning > Dorch Stage 2 2023 Update???

07-30-2023, 04:03 PM   #1
samsamdar
Captain
No_Country
Rep
Drives: OG M2

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [6.67]
Dorch Stage 2 2023 Update???

Does anyone know if this pump’s design was updated recently? The one I got in the mail from them looks completely different and is missing the bracket that used to come with them. My pump is completely different from everything on YouTube and on Dorch’s own install PDF. Anyone have updated instructions or know if this is the correct pump for the n55? I really don’t wanna just throw this in the car without proper directions
Attached Images

07-30-2023, 05:33 PM   #2
TheHaze
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 M2

Chris at Dorch told me a few months ago that the stage 2 fuel pumps would be getting a redesign at some point. It might be worth reaching out to them with any questions you have, they are very responsive.

I DIY'd the stage 1 pump a little while ago too, so if you have any technical questions specific to our cars I might be able to help you out.
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2023, 05:34 PM   #3
samsamdar
Captain
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [6.67]
Got an update on this - yes it was redesigned. I am finishing the installation rn and will update everyone on what’s different and post pics!
      08-01-2023, 12:51 AM   #4
samsamdar
Captain
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [6.67]
Update for everyone!

The pump was indeed redesigned; the installation is mostly the same except for a few points:

- there is no more extra bracket in this kit (there used to be a bracket supplied that would attach to an OEM bracket to hold a wire and the low pressure outlet line)
- you now need to install the HPFP to fuel rail line BEFORE dropping in the pump
- use blue threadlocker on all 4 of the bolts for the HPFP and the Dorch flange
- the HPFP inlet hose/LPFP outlet hose is now routed under the cable junction box and plugs in straight on the other side of the fuel pump (as opposed to routing it around the flange); make sure this black fitting is finger tight and then use an adjustable wrench to turn it 1.5 flats

Pics attached for reference! Lmk if y'all have any questions as I got it all figured out now!
Attached Images