BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M2 Forum > Regional Forums > AUSTRALIA > Aussie deliveries?

01-11-2017, 01:28 PM   #837
Muffy
Private
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigy. View Post
Looking forward to seeing some pics when the new wheels are on.

As for the exhaust i'd say give it a month or so with the stock system and then decide whether you want to go louder, for a stock system i reckon the M2 sounds great.
Saying that i did hear the BMW Performance Exhaust for the first time last weekend, price is the only thing holding me back...sounded incredible.
Thanks Prodigy - will post photos soon - before and after. Exhaust... I know I will end up going the whole hog sooner or later, gotta let the wife calm down first methinks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aust350z View Post
a small roadtrip to help get the kms on during the break-in period.
Hi Aust350z - I'd love a drive day but unfortunately running my own business I can't take 3 days off - not to mention family obligations. I'd be in for a condensed 1 day trip though

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fab_R View Post
What m2 spec did I you go for?

Edit : ignore that... Just read your post.... Brilliant.

PM me your FB details
The only spec worth having for a weekend only toy Black and manual

You?
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2017, 02:49 PM   #838
Fab_R
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 / Audi S3 8V Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muffy View Post

You?
Very Nice....

DCT, LBB, with most of MPE Gear (excluding side skirt wings, and front bumper wings)
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2017, 08:48 PM   #839
///M-pressed
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: E46 M3, F82 M4

Quote:

You?
Hmm I wonder if it was you I saw on Princes Hwy on Tuesday. Not many black M2s around Melbourne! Do you have black plates on your car?
F82 M4 | 6-speed manual | PP performance Stage 2 tune | Re-valved Bilstein B16s | VRSF midpipe | OEM CS front splitter | OEM GTS hood | OEM M-performance rear diffuser| Evolve tuning catless downpipes | 310rwkw (415rwhp)
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2017, 03:05 AM   #840
Muffy
Private
Australia
Rep

yeah I have black mini plates - but it wasnt me - car was in getting opticoat... unless of course the detailer went for a drive
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2017, 07:11 PM   #841
///M-pressed
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: E46 M3, F82 M4

Quote:
yeah I have black mini plates - but it wasnt me - car was in getting opticoat... unless of course the detailer went for a drive
Looks like there is a crowd because this one had black plates as well. What area of Melbourne are you in?
F82 M4 | 6-speed manual | PP performance Stage 2 tune | Re-valved Bilstein B16s | VRSF midpipe | OEM CS front splitter | OEM GTS hood | OEM M-performance rear diffuser| Evolve tuning catless downpipes | 310rwkw (415rwhp)

Last edited by ///M-pressed; 01-13-2017 at 07:18 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2017, 10:28 PM   #842
boghbogh
Rep
Drives: M240i

Hi Guys,

very new here and still waiting for my 240. I got a tracking on WW site and it says Port Melbourne on 21 Feb. Any past experience on how accurate these dates are? what is the wait time after reaching here at the port?

i have asked BMW dealer to do the tinting too. I reckon they are gonna take some time too..
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2017, 11:14 PM   #843
Caduceus
First Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2008 135 (sold), 2017 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by boghbogh View Post
Hi Guys,

very new here and still waiting for my 240. I got a tracking on WW site and it says Port Melbourne on 21 Feb. Any past experience on how accurate these dates are? what is the wait time after reaching here at the port?

i have asked BMW dealer to do the tinting too. I reckon they are gonna take some time too..
My ship arrived within 12 hours of the estimate given when it left Bremmerhaven. So they seem pretty good with their shipping schedules.

Dealer told me up to 10 working days after ship arrival to be conservative. It arrived at the dealership 3 days after and could have been delivered in 2 more days if I wanted them to rush it. I was away at the time so the dealer held onto it for another 2 weeks for me.

Despite the extra cost of the dealer tint, my time was worth more than that; taking time off work and running it around the place so I let them do it.
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2017, 04:23 AM   #844
DTNJNQ
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: M2, 135i, Xclass

Garage List
2008 BMW 135i  [8.66]
My car arrived in Melbourne on the 5th Jan. I think it arrived 12 hours earlier than scheduled. The car arrived at the dealer on the 12th Jan and I pick it up on the 18th Jan.

Not getting window tinting at the dealer as they were a lot dearer.

Appreciate 0
      01-14-2017, 08:46 PM   #845
Muffy
Private
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Attuale View Post
Looks like there is a crowd because this one had black plates as well. What area of Melbourne are you in?
Elwood
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2017, 09:34 PM   #846
Fab_R
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTNJNQ View Post
My car arrived in Melbourne on the 5th Jan. I think it arrived 12 hours earlier than scheduled. The car arrived at the dealer on the 12th Jan and I pick it up on the 18th Jan.

Not getting window tinting at the dealer as they were a lot dearer.
Dealers make about 400 % on tint jobs lol.
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2017, 01:16 AM   #847
boghbogh
Rep
Drives: M240i

Quote:
Dealers make about 400 % on tint jobs lol.
:-) I paid 350, and get to give BMW shit if something goes wrong instead of some random workshop.. and once you are down 100K , you kinda lose track of small numbers..
Appreciate 2
Dave-A85.00
ttimbo281.50
      01-15-2017, 04:36 AM   #848
Fab_R
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep

Quote:
:-) I paid 350, and get to give BMW shit if something goes wrong instead of some random workshop.. and once you are down 100K , you kinda lose track of small numbers..
That's a fair price. Sort of reasonable anyway.

I've been quoted some pretty big numbers with past cars.
Appreciate 1
      01-15-2017, 06:15 PM   #849
DTNJNQ
Captain
Australia
Rep

Garage List
2008 BMW 135i  [8.66]
Quote:

$350 is a reasonable price and I would have gone for it if that's what my dealer quoted. They quoted me $900.

Appreciate 0
      01-15-2017, 06:23 PM   #850
DTNJNQ
Captain
Australia
Rep

Garage List
2008 BMW 135i  [8.66]
I'm picking up my M2 this week. I'm thinking about paint protection. What have others done? What product have other used?

I'm looking at, Ceramic Pro, Opti Coat Pro, CQuartz and GTechniq. Any suggestions and is it worth doing.

I'm also considering Paint Protection Film for the front. There's not too many places in Melbourne that do this. Any suggestions on installers and product. Suntech, Xpel, Body Fence or 3M. Is it worth doing?

Last edited by DTNJNQ; 01-15-2017 at 06:37 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2017, 10:08 PM   #851
Prodigy.
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: ///M2

Quote:
I'm picking up my M2 this week. I'm thinking about paint protection. What have others done? What product have other used?

I'm looking at, Ceramic Pro, Opti Coat Pro, CQuartz and GTechniq. Any suggestions and is it worth doing.

I'm also considering Paint Protection Film for the front. There's not too many places in Melbourne that do this. Any suggestions on installers and product. Suntech, Xpel, Body Fence or 3M. Is it worth doing?
I have Opti-Coat pro on mine and am very happy with it, definitely makes cleaning and general paint maintenance a lot easier.

I have also had PPF applied to the front bumper and behind the rear wheels. If you are worried about stone chips i would recommend getting the PPF, i only drove 90kms prior to getting it applied and picked up a couple of stonechips, not sure what colour you are getting but the LBB does not appear to be as tolerent against stones as my AW 135i was, 1 small chip after 3 years with no PPF.
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2017, 03:08 AM   #852
DTNJNQ
Captain
Australia
Rep

Garage List
2008 BMW 135i  [8.66]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigy. View Post
I have Opti-Coat pro on mine and am very happy with it, definitely makes cleaning and general paint maintenance a lot easier.

I have also had PPF applied to the front bumper and behind the rear wheels. If you are worried about stone chips i would recommend getting the PPF, i only drove 90kms prior to getting it applied and picked up a couple of stonechips, not sure what colour you are getting but the LBB does not appear to be as tolerent against stones as my AW 135i was, 1 small chip after 3 years with no PPF.
My car is BSM.

My current 135i is also BSM and i have had it for 8 years. It has a few stone chips on the bumper however they are not noticeable as the base material is also black. I also have a few on the front of the bonnet and these are noticeable.

I've contacted a few installers of Paint Protection Film and they are all recommending different products. It's a bit confusing.

XPEL - There are only 3 installers recommended by XPEL in Melbourne. I contacted 2 of them, House of Tint and Paint Protection Film Pty Ltd. Paint Protection Film Pty Ltd is the only installer that is certified to make kits onsite however they only install at your house. I'm not sure that I have the ideal environment for them to install at my house. XPEL was also the dearest.

Suntek - I contacted Dan, the installer that did Ipak's car. Dan advised that Suntek was the best product in his opinion. He was fairly competitive price wise.

Race Wrap - I contacted Race Wrap. The person there was very knowledgeable. He uses 3M and also have their own product Race Wrap Pro. He suggested that Race Wrap Pro was the better product. He had the most competitive price. Has anyone had any experience with Race Wrap.?

I'm getting confused with all the different products out there.

Appreciate 0
      01-16-2017, 03:19 AM   #853
Fab_R
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep

Quote:
My car is BSM.

My current 135i is also BSM and i have had it for 8 years. It has a few stone chips on the bumper however they are not noticeable as the base material is also black. I also have a few on the front of the bonnet and these are noticeable.

I've contacted a few installers of Paint Protection Film and they are all recommending different products. It's a bit confusing.

XPEL - There are only 3 installers recommended by XPEL in Melbourne. I contacted 2 of them, House of Tint and Paint Protection Film Pty Ltd. Paint Protection Film Pty Ltd is the only installer that is certified to make kits onsite however they only install at your house. I'm not sure that I have the ideal environment for them to install at my house. XPEL was also the dearest.

Suntek - I contacted Dan, the installer that did Ipak's car. Dan advised that Suntek was the best product in his opinion. He was fairly competitive price wise.

Race Wrap - I contacted Race Wrap. The person there was very knowledgeable. He uses 3M and also have their own product Race Wrap Pro. He suggested that Race Wrap Pro was the better product. He had the most competitive price. Has anyone had any experience with Race Wrap.?

I'm getting confused with all the different products out there.
Not to confuse you further. But give James from Invisible Car Bras a call.

Excellent product and protection.

Don't get sucked in by the hype surrounding Xpel.

There are other films out there just as good if not better.
The one that invisible are bras use is outstanding.

And they come to where ever you want them too. Or you can take it to them.
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2017, 03:48 AM   #854
DTNJNQ
Captain
Australia
Rep

Garage List
2008 BMW 135i  [8.66]
Quote:
Not to confuse you further. But give James from Invisible Car Bras a call.

Excellent product and protection.

Don't get sucked in by the hype surrounding Xpel.

There are other films out there just as good if not better.
The one that invisible are bras use is outstanding.

And they come to where ever you want them too. Or you can take it to them.
Invisible Car Bras was the other company I called. They were actually more expensive than the XPEL full front treatment

Appreciate 0
      01-16-2017, 03:50 AM   #855
Fab_R
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Invisible Car Bras was the other company I called. They were actually more expensive than the XPEL full front treatment
It was xpel that were about 50% more than invisible when I got mine quoted.

Go figure!
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2017, 03:59 AM   #856
drzed
Registered
Rep
Drives: M2

Do you guys mind sharing what's the ballpark price for PPF to the front of car? I'm in Melbourne too. Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2017, 04:08 AM   #857
Fab_R
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by drzed View Post
Do you guys mind sharing what's the ballpark price for PPF to the front of car? I'm in Melbourne too. Thanks.
For me just under $900.

Full front coverage.
Front half of bonnet
Door mirrors
Door Handle cups
Rear top of bumper bar

Couple of weeks ago I had the full bonnet done and full lower half of front 1/4 panel (all the way to doors.

I would recommend you get the full bonnet done.
Rather than half.
Appreciate 2
Aust350z243.00
V.Smurf163.00
      01-16-2017, 04:09 AM   #858
Aust350z
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: F87 M2

I'm in Melbs and interested too.

Someone also suggested Bon Viant as well who do Xpel.
Appreciate 0