BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M2 Forum > Pricing / Ordering / European Delivery / PCD > M2 - In Stock for anyone looking in TX

08-24-2016, 09:56 AM   #67
Vintage
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW G80 (MT), 718 Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmosMpower View Post
Why buy a M2 then, just build/buy a E46 or E92 M3 race car. I don't see the point in buying a 50K M2 and then tearing it all apart where you can't even drive it to the track in the TX summer since there's no more a/c.
thanks for your suggestion. I have considered it. If I could find a M235i Racing I would buy that and trailer it - do you have any leads as I would go that route for sure.

as for driving in TX with no A/C = no problem but first I will tear everything out but the A/C. my reason is this: projects are fun. the M2 project will be fun and I think the M2 looks so badass with its short and squatty stance. plus, I love BMWs, so I want the newest little M to run around COTA.
Appreciate 1
      08-24-2016, 10:53 AM   #68
CosmosMpower
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: F87c, GT3, MK7 GTI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintage View Post
thanks for your suggestion. I have considered it. If I could find a M235i Racing I would buy that and trailer it - do you have any leads as I would go that route for sure.

as for driving in TX with no A/C = no problem but first I will tear everything out but the A/C. my reason is this: projects are fun. the M2 project will be fun and I think the M2 looks so badass with its short and squatty stance. plus, I love BMWs, so I want the newest little M to run around COTA.
I know you can order a M235 Racing direct from Classic BMW in Plano, they are a BMW Motorsports dealer. I think it's north of 6 figures for the base car. I also know some customers have actually ordered these cars already in addition to the two that dealer campaigns.

If you're interested I can put you in touch with the team. PM me. Also my friend is selling his street legal E92 M3 track car (still has A/C). He drives it from DFW to COTA and back and it runs 2:26's without breaking a sweat. Has the best of the best parts. I think it has a 2:25 or high 2:24 in it and is cheaper than a new M2.
Appreciate 1
      08-24-2016, 05:31 PM   #69
M3 Adjuster
Banned
Albania
Rep
Drives: 1M, X1 M Sport, E46 325ic

Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmosMpower
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spinnetti View Post
lol.. fair enough! If I were to track the M2, the interior would come out, AC out etc, etc... I've never been much for 1/2 measures lol.
Why buy a M2 then, just build/buy a E46 or E92 M3 race car. I don't see the point in buying a 50K M2 and then tearing it all apart where you can't even drive it to the track in the TX summer since there's no more a/c.
That's what trailers and tow vehicles are for ..
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2016, 10:27 AM   #70
toastie
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: e39 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintage View Post

No A/C? Good grief I'd die in HTX sitting in traffic on the freeway.

#fatlivesmatter
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2016, 11:20 AM   #71
BAN_M2C
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 991.2 Porsche GT3, BMW E46 M3

Garage List
1987 BMW 325is  [10.00]
2004 BMW X3  [6.50]
2018 Porsche 911 GT3  [10.00]
1974 BMW 2002tii  [10.00]
2004 BMW M3  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Francis///M View Post
That's what I heard. The customer agrees to wait and take delivery after they're done displaying it.
First M2 in Melbourne, FL was like that. He had ordered October and the car arrived end of April and was negotiated to be displayed for 2 weeks before taking delivery.
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2016, 01:59 PM   #72
CosmosMpower
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 Adjuster View Post
No crap sherlock, you're not just slow on the track are ya?
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2016, 05:27 PM   #73
M3 Adjuster
Banned
Albania
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
No crap sherlock, you're not just slow on the track are ya?
Says the person that

- called the M2 a wannabe M car that only " people who can't afford an M4 would buy "

- who then said they would be a dime a dozen in 6 months

- and then went around town begging for a test drive in anyones M2.

- then gets in line ( way late ) for an M2 - is your wife's M3 up for sale? . Can't afford it ?

- said the M2 " looks like a rental car in white " only to then later say it actually doesn't look too bad in white after *actually seeing the car "

- still daily drives a WRX because he didn't get In line sooner for the M2 because he was too busy trying to hate on it

Yeah that's you. Sharp as a tack.. Pointy headed also . Dunce caps must fit perfectly...
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2016, 10:27 PM   #74
CosmosMpower
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:

- called the M2 a wannabe M car that only " people who can't afford an M4 would buy "

- then gets in line ( way late ) for an M2 - is your wife's M3 up for sale? . Can't afford it ?

- said the M2 " looks like a rental car in white " only to then later say it actually doesn't look too bad in white after *actually seeing the car "

- still daily drives a WRX because he didn't get In line sooner for the M2 because he was too busy trying to hate on it

Yeah that's you. Sharp as a tack.. Pointy headed also . Dunce caps must fit perfectly...
1. Still stand by my stance that if you don't have either car and can afford it, the M3/M4 is a better car. I already have a F80 (keeping it), doesn't make sense to add a M4 when I want a cheaper daily driver.

2. Not hard to get a M2 if you are willing to look around, even discounted (ED, USAA, Fleet, BMWCCA etc). Never got in line for one, got one in under two weeks of looking around with no markup after deciding to get one. Car is already built.

3. Car looks a bit better in white in person but still not great (doesn't show off the body lines). You realize stuff looks different in pictures and in person right, genius? I ordered LBB even though my cars are all white.

4. I don't daily drive my STI, it has 2,300 miles on it. I haven't driven it in months. I have plenty of other cars to drive, so I don't sweat small stuff like that. My $41K 'WRX' is still nicer than your two daily drivers put together.

5. I wouldn't be saying much about affording anything if I was clinging on to a crusty old 46K MSRP 1M with a dirty carfax (you ran into a light pole LOL), a fugly X1 and POS 325i all parked at a 40+ year old dilapidated house in the ghetto with a disgusting looking cracked driveway and garage (With a total valuation less than two of my cars in my garage I might add). Who's the dunce now?

Last edited by CosmosMpower; 08-27-2016 at 12:24 AM..
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2016, 06:51 AM   #75
M3 Adjuster
Banned
Albania
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

1. Still stand by my stance that if you don't have either car and can afford it, the M3/M4 is a better car. I already have a F80 (keeping it), doesn't make sense to add a M4 when I want a cheaper daily driver.

2. Not hard to get a M2 if you are willing to look around, even discounted (ED, USAA, Fleet, BMWCCA etc). Never got in line for one, got one in under two weeks of looking around with no markup after deciding to get one. Car is already built.

3. Car looks a bit better in white in person but still not great (doesn't show off the body lines). You realize stuff looks different in pictures and in person right, genius? I ordered LBB even though my cars are all white.

4. I don't daily drive my STI, it has 2,300 miles on it. I haven't driven it in months. I have plenty of other cars to drive, so I don't sweat small stuff like that. My $41K 'WRX' is still nicer than your two daily drivers put together.

5. I wouldn't be saying much about affording anything if I was clinging on to a crusty old 46K MSRP 1M with a dirty carfax (you ran into a light pole LOL), a fugly X1 and POS 325i all parked at a 40+ year old dilapidated house in the ghetto with a disgusting looking cracked driveway and garage (With a total valuation less than two of my cars in my garage I might add). Who's the dunce now?

Look at you all up in the Dallas county records trying to create an insult!

1- one can pretty much get into an M4 for cheaper than an M2 - but that doesn't make the M4 more fun

2-you still don't have an M2. Perhaps you got an allocation in a few weeks ..

3- only idiots make assessments about an item without actually seeing it.

4- I wouldn't drive the Scooby either... :

5- I can park more than 2 cars in my garage .. Yours seems a bit small .. Pretty much the best descriptor for you in general...

I just moved,so yes I appreciate older homes, ( much better construction than new homes) and I wouldn't trade my current yard/ pool/3 car garage for a tiny home with a 2 car garage like I had the last 18 years, nor would I trade a 1M for an M2, that's crazy talk!

Finally. Don't be talking bad about my daughters 325CI convertible ... A stellar college student ride, not to mention It's in way better condition than your old and crusty 120k mile e46 zhp you tried to pawn off for 10k a few months back
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2016, 08:25 AM   #76
CosmosMpower
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:

1- one can pretty much get into an M4 for cheaper than an M2 - but that doesn't make the M4 more fun

5- I can park more than 2 cars in my garage .. Yours seems a bit small .. Pretty much the best descriptor for you in general...

I just moved,so yes I appreciate older homes, ( much better construction than new homes) and I wouldn't trade my current yard/ pool/3 car garage for a tiny home with a 2 car garage like I had the last 18 years, nor would I trade a 1M for an M2, that's crazy talk!

Finally. Don't be talking bad about my daughters 325CI convertible ... A stellar college student ride, not to mention It's in way better condition than your old and crusty 120k mile e46 zhp you tried to pawn off for 10k a few months back
New for new you can get a M4 for the same as a M2? Show me where!

My M2 is already built, no one gets the actual car in a few weeks if they want to configure it. It's been so long since you could get a new M car you must have forgotten how it works. I got a 111 allocation within a few weeks which rolled to 112 right after I configured it.

You wouldn't trade your previously wrecked into a light pole dirty carfax 5 year old Miley track dog 1M for a brand new M2 straight up? Now we all know you're nuts.

Lol grown man putting his daughters college ride in his forum profile. Now I've seen it all. You should put your ex wife's bmws in there too while you're at it.

Last edited by CosmosMpower; 08-27-2016 at 08:32 AM..
Appreciate 1
      08-27-2016, 08:30 AM   #77
M3 Adjuster
Banned
Albania
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

You wouldn't trade a previously wrecked into a light pole dirty carfax 5 year old Miley track dog 1M for a brand new M2 straight up? Now we all know you're nuts.

Lol grown man putting his daughters college ride in his forum profile. Now I've seen it all. You should put your ex wife's bmws in there too while you're at it.
Uh oh now you are the forum police ?

My sig file lists vehicles that I own..that's how you found it right? Duh! Too bad yours doesn't. !

M2 js a nice car and if I wanted one I would have already traded... Only a fool would have traded an e30 m3 TRACK rat for an E36 M3 or even an E46 M3 straight up...
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2016, 08:33 AM   #78
CosmosMpower
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:

My sig file lists vehicles that I own.. . Too bad yours doesn't.

You mean the cars you used to own and thought were cool because all the cars you own now suck?

Wrecked high mileage 1M, ugly x1, daughters old e46, no longer owned e30 and other no longer owned e30 that was a parts donor.

Great taste all around....
Appreciate 1
      08-27-2016, 08:41 AM   #79
M3 Adjuster
Banned
Albania
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

My sig file lists vehicles that I own.. . Too bad yours doesn't.

You mean the cars you used to own and thought were cool because all the cars you own now suck?

Wrecked high mileage 1M, ugly x1, daughters old e46, no longer owned e30 and other no longer owned e30 that was a parts donor.

Great taste all around....

High mileage 1M.. Dude You are struggling! And wrong as well. :
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2016, 08:45 AM   #80
CosmosMpower
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
High mileage 1M? You are struggling!
Sorry 30-35K+ miles, not 3-4 digit odo collector grade 1M like what you think your car is worth. Pretty high for a 1M.

Oh yeah did I mention you crashed it into a light pole last year? Guess it was too flickable and tossable for you to handle, Mr Chief Driving Instructor LOL

Last edited by CosmosMpower; 08-27-2016 at 10:30 AM..
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2016, 09:53 AM   #81
LAGWAGN
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2001 M Roadster, '24 BSM M2

08-27-2016, 11:05 AM   #82
OG///M
Always +10MPH
United_States
Rep
Drives: 6MT

This is too funny Do the two of you bicker like this when you meet in real life?

Appreciate 0
      08-27-2016, 11:06 AM   #83
M3 Adjuster
Banned
Albania
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Francis///M
This is too funny Do the two of you bicker like this when you meet in real life?

Maybe ...
Appreciate 1
MasterP721.00
      08-27-2016, 11:08 AM   #84
M3 Adjuster
Banned
Albania
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
High mileage 1M? You are struggling!
Sorry 30-35K+ miles, not 3-4 digit odo collector grade 1M like what you think your car is worth. Pretty high for a 1M.

Oh yeah did I mention you crashed it into a light pole last year? Guess it was too flickable and tossable for you to handle, Mr Chief Driving Instructor LOL
You still here? Tryna worry me about a situation you don't even know about?

Got issues with mah titles ?? They show Responsibility.

Don't hate the playa, hate the game..

I would challenge you to a duel at the first autocross after your M2 arrives, but it'll probably make a lot of funky noises and break down. You probably should just sell it right away and drive your wife's car instead.
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2016, 11:46 AM   #85
LAGWAGN
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2001 M Roadster, '24 BSM M2

Ok boys, settle down...

08-28-2016, 07:25 AM   #86
Kief
Major General
Rep
Drives: '24 iX50; '23 i4 M50

No keep going
'24-I20 iX 50; '23-G26 i4 M50; '22-G82 M4Cx*;20-G05 M50i*; '20-F82 M4CS*; '18-F80 M3CS*; '18-F80 M3CS*; '18-F85 X5M*; '18-G01 X3M40i*; '18-F80 M3ZCP*; '17-F80 M3ZCP*; '15-F15 X5*; '15-F82 M4*; '12-E92 335is*; '11-E70 X5d; '11-E89 Z435is*;'09-E89 Z435i*; '08-E92 335i*; '06-E90 330i*; '05-E83 X3*; '04-E83 X3*; '03-E46 325Ci* *retired
Appreciate 2
      08-28-2016, 12:59 PM   #87
BMW F22
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///M235i

Thought those two were vegetarians but apparently there's beef going around. I like it.
Appreciate 1
      08-29-2016, 01:09 PM   #88
QLAbot
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2017 M2

Appreciate 1