BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
M2 Technical Topics > S55 Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning > Bootmod3 Stage 1 Reliability

04-29-2024, 02:37 PM   #23
MSH_
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 20 M2C

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayee88 View Post
I was just pointing out that I'd value independent shops over dealership service centers on this topic specifically, because they're far less likely to see failed crank hubs at the dealer. Since they are not allowed to install non-OEM equipment on the car, most people with a crank hub failure would take it to somewhere that offers a pinned solution rather than reinstall a stock one with a flawed design (unless it's under warranty).

BM3 Stage 2 OTS, high flow DPs (400 cell), intake, exhaust. Should be at ~500wHP. I have a BM3 flex fuel kit that I'm going to install soon, which should bump the power to ~550wHP on E30. Maybe in the distant future I'll do hybrid turbos if I can justify the cost. Don't think I'll go further as I want to keep this a street car and anything past that point will start requiring upgraded fueling and building the engine.
Yup totally understood on the indy vs dealer. Makes perfect sense. I personally still took a lot of stock in his input with being in his position for as long as he has, being the lead tech at that dealership, and obviously having personally worked on loads and loads of these cars backed up his BMW technical training. Having had a lot of interaction in the purchasing process of my car from him(this was his personal car not dealership car) I found him to be very knowledgeable and 100% transparent so at the end of the day I valued the input he provided. I think his input along with discussing with Enabled (and doing some research here and on F8X forum) before he did my tune made me more comfortable not to do it.
I'm at a m4 GTS+ level of tune (just slightly north wtq wise of what the same S55 engine m4 gts puts out) so, I'm comfortable with rolling the dice. I'm also 6MT which does seem less likely to have the slip occur.

Now with your level of tune (& especially where you are going with E85 blends) there is no way I wouldnt do the CH. Whats WTQ on current tune vs the E30 tune you will be going to?
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2024, 03:34 PM   #24
jayee88
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2C (DCT) - Sunset Orange

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSH_ View Post
Now with your level of tune (& especially where you are going with E85 blends) there is no way I wouldnt do the CH. Whats WTQ on current tune vs the E30 tune you will be going to?
I haven't gone to a dyno but with the BM3 Stage 2 OTS map on 93 octane it's supposed to make roughly 500hp/550ft-lb. I forget the ballpark figure for torque on E30, but seeing the horsepower bump up to around 550hp, I'd assume torque to be somewhere around 580-600ft-lb.
Appreciate 2
MSH_132.00
      05-05-2024, 12:01 AM   #25
n8dgr84
572whp Stock Turbos/DP E60 Tune by Tier1Tuning
Rep
Drives: M2C - 6MT - Flex Fuel

I ran Stage 1 for 20k mi with a CBC no probs then went custom flex fuel E60 and spun the crank hub in 30 mi.
Appreciate 0