Just came in today
Looking forward to your pics Nate!
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2017, 06:33 PM   #68
Nate@IND
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Rep

Drives: BMW

Motorsport24 lip just came in from Germany. I must be honest and say that most customers would be upset with the overall quality and appearance. Motorsport24 builds "racing parts" and they design them to take a beating. The M24 lip is extremely rigid and would hold up better than most other lips on the market. I sent a message to M24 and they said all new M2 lips will be built using pre-preg to improve on the quality.

03-13-2017, 06:57 PM   #69
R0ME0
"The Midas Touch"
Rep
Drives: F87 LBB ///M2

Garage List
2017 M2  [10.00]
2008 Z4M - SOLD  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate@IND View Post
Motorsport24 lip just came in from Germany. I must be honest and say that most customers would be upset with the overall quality and appearance. Motorsport24 builds "racing parts" and they design them to take a beating. The M24 lip is extremely rigid and would hold up better than most other lips on the market. I sent a message to M24 and they said all new M2 lips will be built using pre-preg to improve on the quality.

Thanks for the pics Nate. How much lower would you say the lip lowers the bumper by. Additionally from your opinion what would you say is concerning regarding the quality and look of the lip as the pics are hard to tell what you are referencing? Additionally will you be doing any installed pics?
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2017, 01:12 AM   #70
c0rehax
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: f87 m2

Quote:
Thank you for doing this!!! I was close to pulling the trigger on this lip 2 months ago and glad that i didn't. Hopefully they get the quality straightened out because i like the lip.

Are you guys going to carry them anymore or how much would one cost through you? Thanks!
03 m5 (JB/Black)- Dinan, Volk, ECS, Slimmbones : Sold
17 m2 (BSM/Black)- MPE, IND, more to come : Current
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2017, 10:35 AM   #71
Nate@IND
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by R0ME0 View Post
Thanks for the pics Nate. How much lower would you say the lip lowers the bumper by. Additionally from your opinion what would you say is concerning regarding the quality and look of the lip as the pics are hard to tell what you are referencing? Additionally will you be doing any installed pics?
I'm going to send the M24 lip to clear right now and try and fix most of the "issues". We will post installed photos when the lip comes out of clear. Here are some of the troubled areas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by c0rehax View Post
Thank you for doing this!!! I was close to pulling the trigger on this lip 2 months ago and glad that i didn't. Hopefully they get the quality straightened out because i like the lip.

Are you guys going to carry them anymore or how much would one cost through you? Thanks!
I still really like the overall look of the lip so we are going to stock the new pre-preg ones. I'll update this thread with new photos once we get one of the lips in here.
      03-14-2017, 05:30 PM   #72
M2Dynamic
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///M2

I ended up deciding on the full PSM Dynamic Kit. In the process of being built and finished and sent from the west coast to the east where I'm at. Can't wait to see how this ends up. Thanks for all of the help and the recommendations, at the end of the day I wanted aggressive and PSM was the perfect amount for me. I'll post pics when installed. Thanks!!
Appreciate 2
      03-14-2017, 09:27 PM   #73
maddoc
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E36-E82-F87-7P

Quote:
I still really like the overall look of the lip so we are going to stock the new pre-preg ones. I'll update this thread with new photos once we get one of the lips in here.
If only there was a lip out there that looked like the M24 but also had a center section that attached to the bottom of the bumper ...
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2017, 10:16 AM   #74
Nate@IND
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vapeconj View Post
I ended up deciding on the full PSM Dynamic Kit. In the process of being built and finished and sent from the west coast to the east where I'm at. Can't wait to see how this ends up. Thanks for all of the help and the recommendations, at the end of the day I wanted aggressive and PSM was the perfect amount for me. I'll post pics when installed. Thanks!!
PSM's quality is insane. Nice move
      03-16-2017, 10:18 AM   #75
M2Dynamic
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///M2

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vapeconj View Post
PSM's quality is insane. Nice move
Thanks Nate yeah I can't wait man it's been a longggggggg SHORT wait that's for sure haha
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2017, 09:24 PM   #76
bunster
Rep
Drives: 2017 F87 M2

MTCdesign carbon fiber

Has anybody seen the quality of MTC Design carbon fiber front lip for the F87? I like 3DDesign, just a little bit too pricey.
http://www.mtc.design
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2017, 12:13 PM   #77
M2 Blur
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2017 M2 6MT

Garage List
2017 BMW M2  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by bunster View Post
Has anybody seen the quality of MTC Design carbon fiber front lip for the F87? I like 3DDesign, just a little bit too pricey.
http://www.mtc.design
If it looks anything like the F8X M3/M4 front lip, that would be great. The design doesn't extend too far down the bumper, slimmer profile than some. The M3/M4 lip comes in flat black. I wonder if they offer different material other than CF or simply paint it?
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2017, 12:42 PM   #78
metrickid
Dinosaur supervisor
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: E91 318d

The Mode Carbon one looks pretty boring too in my opinion... That leaves it at zero nice options for the front lip besides the winglets from BMW.

Appreciate 0
      03-19-2017, 10:08 PM   #79
maddoc
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E36-E82-F87-7P

Where did you come across that picturemetrickid ? I'd be interested to see more angles.
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2017, 12:46 AM   #80
metrickid
Dinosaur supervisor
Netherlands
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddoc View Post
Where did you come across that picturemetrickid ? I'd be interested to see more angles.
Baanvelgen Instagram.
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2017, 10:16 AM   #81
3Si
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 16 M2, 16 Macan S, 08 Elise SC

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWCC View Post

So.. this happened the other day. While it's a relatively minor rub that isn't totally visible to most people, it's completely visible to me. I had been considering a front CF addition to my car before, but now it's kind of a necessity. Anyone have any suggestions on a tasteful addition that will also cover this blemish? If this post is not appropriate for this thread please let me know and I'll delete it or move it.

Thanks in advance!
Sorry to see that. Unfortunately, an addition of a lip would not have prevented that from happening. If anything, you will probably run into more similar situations. The cost to fix your original problem with Bondo and a paint job will be a few hundred, maybe $3-500. If this happened to a CF lip, a replacement will cost you way more than a few hundred dollars. While CF by itself is very strong, the clear coat is no better than the one on top of your paint.

If your intention is to give the car a different look, then yes the lip is very effective. But if it is from protection, it might not be the most cost effective solution.
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2017, 11:05 AM   #82
ashburyn54
Captain
Rep
Drives: f87 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by metrickid View Post
The Mode Carbon one looks pretty boring too in my opinion... That leaves it at zero nice options for the front lip besides the winglets from BMW.

I think this is the best lip!
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2017, 11:26 AM   #83
M2 Blur
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2017 M2 6MT

Garage List
2017 BMW M2  [0.00]
Quote:

So.. this happened the other day. While it's a relatively minor rub that isn't totally visible to most people, it's completely visible to me. I had been considering a front CF addition to my car before, but now it's kind of a necessity. Anyone have any suggestions on a tasteful addition that will also cover this blemish? If this post is not appropriate for this thread please let me know and I'll delete it or move it.

Thanks in advance!
You are going to need to fix and respray. See if there are reputable bumper repair companies in your area to fix, blend and respray only this portion of your bumper. I'd avoid mobile services as the clear coat will have contaminants/flecks if the spray is not in a paint booth and you won't be happy.
You only have (2) options:
- Bumper repair (fix only the affected area and blend)
- Entire bumper strip, repair (if necessary) and respray
The lip will take the brunt of your next hit, but that an expensive layer of protection and no guarantee that the damage will only be to a very expensive lip.
Just my .02
Appreciate 1
M2wolf182.50
      03-20-2017, 02:36 PM   #84
metrickid
Dinosaur supervisor
Netherlands
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashburyn54 View Post
I think this is the best lip!
Hopefully it looks a lot better in other angles. But it has the same issue as all others in my opinion. It just ends with a sharp edge against the rounded corners. It looks so out of place. The center part looks quite nice.

I don't like the rounded corners at all on the stock bumper either, that is why I like the winglets. They make it look a bit better.
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2017, 03:36 PM   #85
SWCC
Registered
Rep
Drives: Waiting on that M2...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3Si View Post
Sorry to see that. Unfortunately, an addition of a lip would not have prevented that from happening. If anything, you will probably run into more similar situations. The cost to fix your original problem with Bondo and a paint job will be a few hundred, maybe $3-500. If this happened to a CF lip, a replacement will cost you way more than a few hundred dollars. While CF by itself is very strong, the clear coat is no better than the one on top of your paint.

If your intention is to give the car a different look, then yes the lip is very effective. But if it is from protection, it might not be the most cost effective solution.
Thanks for the reply. Actually, and I should have been clearer in the original post, but I was looking for CF options that will cover that blemish and still look nice on the vehicle. Any suggestions would be appreciated!
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2017, 07:15 AM   #86
3Si
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 16 M2, 16 Macan S, 08 Elise SC

Quote:
Thanks for the reply. Actually, and I should have been clearer in the original post, but I was looking for CF options that will cover that blemish and still look nice on the vehicle. Any suggestions would be appreciated!
The Vorsteiner on the page before might be the closest one. If you don't need it to be perfect, a body shop can sand it down with some touch up paint without costing an arm and a leg.
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2017, 07:45 AM   #87
Twt
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2017 M2

Splitter with brake ducts

I have seen an M3/4 front splitter that creates two small lower front air intakes that connect to brake duct hosing....is anything like that available for the 2?
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2017, 05:19 PM   #88
MayorAdamWest
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 F87 M2

These are all cute front lips, but does a company make one that actually generates real front end downforce?

Past: 991 GT3, 991S, F10 550i, 987 Cayman
Appreciate 0