BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
M2 Technical Topics > N55 Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning > FI Valvetronic Exhaust for M2 now available (first look and video sound clip)!

Closed Thread

03-19-2018, 11:35 AM   #89
Bazgab
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW M2

Just installed mine this past weekend. I just love it so far compared to the previous Dinan exhaust setup I had. I have had several exhaust systems through the years on various cars and this is the highest quality one by far. Fit and finish is flawless, bolted right up to my catted Remus downpipe with barely any adjusting needed. I usually have to fight with an exhaust for a while to get everything to seat right or mate up but that wasn't the case with the FI. Running the vacuum line was easier than expected too.

Honestly doing the wiring for the control unit/vacuum solenoid was the most time consuming part. I had been wanting to redo my 2CH dash cam wiring as well so I did that and the exhaust wiring at the same time. Since I decided to route the power/gnd wiring to the rear of the car so that the vacuum solenoid wiring follows the same path as the dash cam power I dropped the headliner completely and removed several interior trim pieces. This allowed me easy access so that I could route the wiring more cleanly and use some sound deadening tape I had just for this purpose.

The control module was a little tricky to position, was just a little too big for a lot of locations I was looking at. Ended up placing it near my right leg just forward of the need padding. I have size 13 shoes and don't hit the control box with my foot so seems like that position is working out.

Only slight disappointment for such a high quality piece is that the (2) small buttons in the control module will rattle a little from time to time. I will probably just place some electrical tape over them to hold the buttons still until I come up with a more permanent solution. Wish the control box was constructed with some rubber grommets around the little buttons so that they don't rattle around.

The sound is amazing and is exactly what I was looking for. With the valves closed everything is much more tame than it was with the Dinan setup, while still sounding good. This is what I wanted for when I am highway cruising or don't want to scare people. The car sounds aggressive as hell with the valves open. Controlling the valves is easy with either the control unit or key fob. I like the (3) different modes for the auto valve functionality - vacuum/boost, RPM, or Throttle position dependent.

Dealing with Golan from AutoTalent was great. Pricing was very reasonable compared to MSRP, fast shipping and he was very responsive to questions. 10/10, would purchase from Golan again.

Last edited by Bazgab; 03-19-2018 at 11:43 AM..
Appreciate 1
      04-10-2018, 09:25 PM   #90
AutoTalent
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: e92 M3 6mt | e60 M5 6mt

Bump!
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2018, 04:19 PM   #91
TerryCTR
Rep
Drives: M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazgab View Post
. The sound is amazing and is exactly what I was looking for. With the valves closed everything is much more tame than it was with the Dinan setup, while still sounding good. This is what I wanted for when I am highway cruising or don't want to scare people. The car sounds aggressive as hell with the valves open.
Is there any drone at motorway speeds/cruising?
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2018, 05:33 PM   #92
Bazgab
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerryCTR View Post
Is there any drone at motorway speeds/cruising?
No drone when the valves are closed. It can drone a little with the valves open, mostly in 6th gear around the 2600-3000 RPM range. Seems to lessen some as the car heats up, curious to see if it will lessen over time as I still only have a few hundred miles on the FI exhaust. If it is annoying me I just shift into 5th until the speed limits pick up a little.

This doesn't concern me since if I am on an 1+ hour drive on the highway I will have the valves closed anyway. Also keep in mind that I have an aftermarket downpipe. I suspect there would be no drone at any RPM with valves open or closed if the stock downpipe is used.
      04-12-2018, 03:17 PM   #93
TerryCTR
Rep
Drives: M2

Thanks for the info
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2018, 07:09 PM   #94
AutoTalent
Lieutenant General
Rep

Bump!
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2018, 06:38 PM   #95
AutoTalent
Lieutenant General
Rep

Bump!
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2018, 08:27 PM   #96
m2rs4_official
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW M2

Awesome system!

Just bolted mine on and love it to bits on my 2.5 week old 2018 M2.

Been using FI on my R8 V10,C63s and A45 AMG till today and have never had any problems.

Virtually all of my customers have joined the Fi Exhaust bandwagon. Agreed it may seem a tad pricey but it's so worth it... well to me anyway both as a distributor for them in the region and as a consumer.

The new remote is off the hook btw!
Attached Images

Proud owner of Amelia & Rae. Yes, I named my vehicles
2018 BMW M2 LCI (Wedge Performance Tuned + Pure Turbo Stg 2 Upgrade)
2019 Audi RS4 Advant
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2018, 01:16 PM   #97
AutoTalent
Lieutenant General
Rep

Bump!
Appreciate 0
      07-03-2018, 05:56 PM   #98
AutoTalent
Lieutenant General