BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Another school shooting today

03-20-2018, 07:49 PM   #23
MrRoboto
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: VO 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottSinger View Post
Yes and no, lots of selfish gun owners and the lobbying law are archaic.
But the selfish gun owners wouldn't exist...neither would the lobbyists?
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2018, 08:27 PM   #24
DieselOG
Spaceship Man Bad
United_States
Rep
Drives: DIEsel

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRoboto View Post
But the selfish gun owners wouldn't exist...neither would the lobbyists?
Millions of once law-abiding citizens then turned felons presumably would exist... And even if every one of them decided to forfeit their second amendment right (very unlikely), who would be left with the guns?
      03-20-2018, 08:36 PM   #25
irishbimmer
Banned
Rep
Drives: Silverstone M6 CP, Bulldozer,

LaPierre, a career lobbyist, has no clue what it’s like to use a firearm in anger. But The Nation spoke to several people who do—including combat veterans and former law enforcement officers—and who believe that the NRA’s heroic gunslinger mythology is a dangerous fantasy that bears little resemblance to reality. Retired Army Sergeant Rafael Noboa y Rivera, who led a combat team in Iraq, says that most soldiers only function effectively after they’ve been exposed to fire a number a times. “I think there’s this fantasy world of gunplay in the movies, but it doesn’t really happen that way,” he says. “When I heard gunfire [in Iraq], I didn’t immediately pick up my rifle and react. I first tried to ascertain where the shooting was coming from, where I was in relation to the gunfire and how far away it was. I think most untrained people are either going to freeze up, or just whip out their gun and start firing in that circumstance,” Noboa said. “I think they would absolutely panic.”
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2018, 09:19 PM   #26
IK6SPEED
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 / AH3

Quote:
Originally Posted by tracer bullet View Post
Imagine how much better the day would have been had there not been a shooting to start with.
Shit Happens

Of course 3 Students from Douglas Spellman in Florida were arrested today. But of course Gun Haters (and media) burying that story.

2 brought weapons to school - 1 month after shooting.

1 made online threats

Proving once again, even if no guns, other weapons will take their place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fravel View Post
If it hadn't been a shooting, it would have been a stabbing or a bombing. The mere fact that the kid had access to a gun isn't why he chose to commit violence. This was going to be a dark day regardless.

The ability of the SRO to be armed and available to confront the threat is the only thing that limited that.
And the Broward Deputy was found sleeping in his car outside the High School today. He would have been as useful as last Broward Deputy during shooting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by schoy View Post
No one's arguing that an SRO or any other law enforcement officer shouldn't be allowed to carry a gun. So that's not the issue.
Feeling safe?

Last edited by IK6SPEED; 03-20-2018 at 09:26 PM..
Appreciate 0