BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M2 Forum > BMW M2 Competition Model > DINAN M2C Exhaust BLOWOUT SALE

04-22-2024, 10:58 PM   #23
icantdrive70
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW M2C

Same story here! Darn , I was so looking forward to that. Anyone know of a good alternative exhaust system for our M2s?
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2024, 12:14 AM   #24
ESB
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2C

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by icantdrive70 View Post
Same story here! Darn , I was so looking forward to that. Anyone know of a good alternative exhaust system for our M2s?
Someone mentioned it on page 1 but I felt like the Active Autowerke Equal Length midpipe was great ROI for the sound/feeling of the car. I got mine installed in 2021 and am still happy with it. I retained stock downpipes and muffler so it didn't help with the udder look. But I did paint my muffler black which helped hide the udder.

Last edited by ESB; 04-23-2024 at 12:24 AM..
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2024, 05:08 AM   #25
nismosao
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: '13 Toyota Tacoma, '21 M2C

Quote:
Just buy the one with the black tips. It’s still a decent price compared to others.
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2024, 07:28 AM   #26
Julien_P
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by ESB View Post
Someone mentioned it on page 1 but I felt like the Active Autowerke Equal Length midpipe was great ROI for the sound/feeling of the car. I got mine installed in 2021 and am still happy with it. I retained stock downpipes and muffler so it didn't help with the udder look. But I did paint my muffler black which helped hide the udder.

Is that the Resonated version ?
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2024, 07:55 AM   #27
ESB
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Julien_P View Post
Is that the Resonated version ?
Nope. Non-res.

I like it a ton and don’t think it’s too loud (and it’s my first ever exhaust mod).

That said:
1. The first minute or so after cold start is raspy when paired with stock muffler. I forget if this also happens with resonated version
2. Maybe if I were to do it all over again I’d get the resonated version only because I feel it may keep door more open for replacing the muffler some day. Although I’m super happy with how the car sounds right now, whenever I think “what if I replaced the muffler” I worry it’ll be too loud.
Appreciate 2
MSH_130.50
      04-23-2024, 08:36 AM   #28
mrexcuse
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: Tiguan, M2 Comp, 330 Touring

Thanks for posting, unfortunately my order was cancelled as well. Will continue searching.
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2024, 09:48 AM   #29
MSH_
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 20 M2C

Quote:
Originally Posted by ESB View Post
Nope. Non-res……
1. The first minute or so after cold start is raspy when paired with stock muffler. I forget if this also happens with resonated version
2. Maybe if I were to do it all over again I’d get the resonated version only because I feel it may keep door more open for replacing the muffler some day. Although I’m super happy with how the car sounds right now, whenever I think “what if I replaced the muffler” I worry it’ll be too loud.
I have the same set up on mine (non-res version). I did get the cold start raspiness to but as part of my tune with Enabled he shortened the cold start routine which helped tremendously. He also shortened burble duration in sport+ and reduced the aggressiveness. If I want no burbles I just run in sport.

I may move to an aa exhaust(since this Dinan deal didn’t happen) so I will have the resonated connecting pipes available if you want them. I purchased them in addition to the non res connecting pipes so I have both. I wasn’t sure which ones I would prefer but after enabled adjusted my tune I prefer the non res pipes.
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2024, 02:02 PM   #30
icantdrive70
United_States
Rep

Love the sound! On the Autowerks website they show 2 different choices. Which one is yours? Equal length? It is twice the cost of the other, but I wish to offer the correct one.
Thanks
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2024, 02:40 PM   #31
ESB
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Love the sound! On the Autowerks website they show 2 different choices. Which one is yours? Equal length? It is twice the cost of the other, but I wish to offer the correct one.
Thanks
Mine is the equal length non-resonated version.
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2024, 03:29 PM   #32
icantdrive70
United_States
Rep

Thanks. Those too, are sold out.
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2024, 04:10 PM   #33
MCouper
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: Z4M Coupe

Garage List
I have this on my M2C along with an Eventuri intake and it shakes my entire house when I start it up in the morning. It's also really good at scaring the crap out of people whenever you're in a random parking lot. Once it's warmed up it sounds amazing.
Appreciate 0