BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
M2 Technical Topics > N55 Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning > best OG m2 tuner

03-11-2024, 07:01 PM   #23
parsaz
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianM2 View Post
How do you like the 750? What fuel are you on and any power estimates?
I love it so far. Really fun to drive and love the power delivery. I’m on 91 ACN and it still feels Incredible. And sadly no power estimates. I still need to get her on the dyno to actually see what I’m putting down. Before the 750, I was stage 2 and I can feel a big noticeable difference even on 91 ACN.
Appreciate 1
      03-11-2024, 07:45 PM   #24
CanadianM2
Private
Rep
Drives: OG M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by parsaz View Post
I love it so far. Really fun to drive and love the power delivery. I’m on 91 ACN and it still feels Incredible. And sadly no power estimates. I still need to get her on the dyno to actually see what I’m putting down. Before the 750, I was stage 2 and I can feel a big noticeable difference even on 91 ACN.
Wow, amazing to hear. I’m stuck with 91ACN tunes as well here in eastern Canada. Our fuel is horrible. Do you have any videos of driving or wot on YouTube possibly? Also do you have a stage 2 dyno baseline to compare the 750 to?

Glad it’s working out for you. I remember asking A well known bm3 custom tuner if he’d have any guesses of gains with a p750 on 91acn and he told me to just get better fuel. lol
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2024, 03:36 PM   #25
parsaz
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Wow, amazing to hear. I’m stuck with 91ACN tunes as well here in eastern Canada. Our fuel is horrible. Do you have any videos of driving or wot on YouTube possibly? Also do you have a stage 2 dyno baseline to compare the 750 to?

Glad it’s working out for you. I remember asking A well known bm3 custom tuner if he’d have any guesses of gains with a p750 on 91acn and he told me to just get better fuel. lol
I don’t have any videos of WOT. But I post a couple tik toks sometimes of my car and I can get a WOT and send you the video. I have to find the photo of my stage 2 dyno run, but it was roughly 380whp 440wtq on 91acn I believe.
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2024, 05:36 PM   #26
CanadianM2
Private
Rep
Drives: OG M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by parsaz View Post
I don’t have any videos of WOT. But I post a couple tik toks sometimes of my car and I can get a WOT and send you the video. I have to find the photo of my stage 2 dyno run, but it was roughly 380whp 440wtq on 91acn I believe.
Awesome, what’s your username? I’ll follow you. And that’s roughly about what I made with my stock hpfp failing on the dyno. 381/421, I have the Dorch DS15 ready to go in this spring and potentially a p750 haha.
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2024, 05:51 PM   #27
parsaz
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Awesome, what’s your username? I’ll follow you. And that’s roughly about what I made with my stock hpfp failing on the dyno. 381/421, I have the Dorch DS15 ready to go in this spring and potentially a p750 haha.
Appreciate it! My car tik tok is m2_funn1. Sorry to hear about the HPFP failing but it sounds like you’re moving on to bigger and better because of it hahaha. Yeah if you do P750 and go with Bend, I don’t think you’ll be disappointed at all.
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2024, 03:04 PM   #28
Ata_T1T
Rep
Drives: 2017 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiddvegas View Post
Where do you do your tuning in Vancouver?
I rent the dyno from SF tuning
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2024, 07:31 AM   #29
Shawqi90210
Private
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Small update for everyone: I finally got the car back on the road 3 days ago. I’ve been talking to bob from stage fp he went ahead and sent me a base map for my set up. To my surprise somehow I put everything back correct and the car actually ran perfectly. I was more surprised that after over a month and half of the car being down the car ran.

Besides the point… the tune over all from bob… the base map was as smooth as butter better than any other map I’ve ran. Yes it was on low boost but the car just ran better than before and I know that has to do with all the maintenance and all the fueling I dumped into the car but also a good tuner will always have your car run good. I sent over a couple logs to him so make sure everything was running good and he looked over them and didn’t see anything unusual and now we are going to go to e85 and turn up the boost and see how the car reacts. By the end I want 3 different maps. I was a 93 mid boost e85 high boost and meth kill map. Bob told me the capabilities of this motor and what’s u need to do to make reliable power. The only thing which isn’t really a complaint is the response time from Bob… that being said tho he did tell me before I purchased the tune that they were relocating shops so I don’t blame him at all for a bit delayed response time.

Eventually I’m going to take this motor out and do a full build on it but for now I’ll enjoy the stock motor life.

I’ll give a better update when maps get updated and I’ll put up some logs and draggy times for everyone.
Appreciate 1
AmuroRay2282.50
      04-05-2024, 08:15 AM   #30
AmuroRay
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawqi90210 View Post
Small update for everyone: I finally got the car back on the road 3 days ago. I’ve been talking to bob from stage fp he went ahead and sent me a base map for my set up. To my surprise somehow I put everything back correct and the car actually ran perfectly. I was more surprised that after over a month and half of the car being down the car ran.

Besides the point… the tune over all from bob… the base map was as smooth as butter better than any other map I’ve ran. Yes it was on low boost but the car just ran better than before and I know that has to do with all the maintenance and all the fueling I dumped into the car but also a good tuner will always have your car run good. I sent over a couple logs to him so make sure everything was running good and he looked over them and didn’t see anything unusual and now we are going to go to e85 and turn up the boost and see how the car reacts. By the end I want 3 different maps. I was a 93 mid boost e85 high boost and meth kill map. Bob told me the capabilities of this motor and what’s u need to do to make reliable power. The only thing which isn’t really a complaint is the response time from Bob… that being said tho he did tell me before I purchased the tune that they were relocating shops so I don’t blame him at all for a bit delayed response time.

Eventually I’m going to take this motor out and do a full build on it but for now I’ll enjoy the stock motor life.

I’ll give a better update when maps get updated and I’ll put up some logs and draggy times for everyone.
Are the mods in the OP what you're currently running? And how much boost are you running on the 93 map?
      04-05-2024, 08:28 AM   #31
Shawqi90210
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmuroRay View Post
Are the mods in the OP what you're currently running? And how much boost are you running on the 93 map?
I had to make a couple adjustments because a couple things I wanted went on back order so I couldn’t get them in time and I really wanted to put the car back in the road. Really wanted to have a ported manifold and reflex plug and play but unfortunately they were both on back order… so my current setup is

Pure 750
Eventuri Intake
Vrsf charge pipe
ARM Boost pipe
PURE Inlet
Arm intercooler
Arm downpipe
Mpe exhaust
Step1 colder plugs
Vr11 turbo smart bov
Csf radiator
Spool 200fx HPFP
Stage 3 LPFP
B58 coil conversion
Crank case capture
Crank case breather
Eu5 injectors
3.5 map sensor

The base map was around 18-19 psi
Appreciate 1
AmuroRay2282.50
      04-05-2024, 09:16 AM   #32
AmuroRay
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
I had to make a couple adjustments because a couple things I wanted went on back order so I couldn’t get them in time and I really wanted to put the car back in the road. Really wanted to have a ported manifold and reflex plug and play but unfortunately they were both on back order… so my current setup is

Pure 750
Eventuri Intake
Vrsf charge pipe
ARM Boost pipe
PURE Inlet
Arm intercooler
Arm downpipe
Mpe exhaust
Step1 colder plugs
Vr11 turbo smart bov
Csf radiator
Spool 200fx HPFP
Stage 3 LPFP
B58 coil conversion
Crank case capture
Crank case breather
Eu5 injectors
3.5 map sensor

The base map was around 18-19 psi
Awesome build! If I could offer any feedback, ditch the CSF radiator, it's worse than stock. How is the intercooler holding up?

And have you run it just on the stock tune and 93? Any power estimates? Where does it spool?
      04-05-2024, 09:48 AM   #33
Shawqi90210
Private
Rep

Quote:
Awesome build! If I could offer any feedback, ditch the CSF radiator, it's worse than stock. How is the intercooler holding up?

And have you run it just on the stock tune and 93? Any power estimates? Where does it spool?
I personally haven’t seen any issues with my car overheating at all if I notice major temps changes I’ll go back or switch. I’ve heard mixed opinions on it.

To my surprise for a direct fit intercooler I’m pretty impressed with my IATs I haven’t seen it go over 80 yet. It is still cold where I live tho so we’ll see what happens in the summer

I haven’t ran the stock tune on the pure 750 but on bobs base map he said it’s around 420 hp wich isn’t a lot over stock… the spool is a bit later in the rpm I can’t remember exactly where but to me it’s barely noticeable on low boost I’m sure when I kick the boost up there will be a big difference.

What I really like about the pure is that it just keeps pulling through every gear unlike the stock turbo. The stock turbo feels like it dies so quick up top.
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2024, 10:04 AM   #34
AmuroRay
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
I personally haven’t seen any issues with my car overheating at all if I notice major temps changes I’ll go back or switch. I’ve heard mixed opinions on it.

To my surprise for a direct fit intercooler I’m pretty impressed with my IATs I haven’t seen it go over 80 yet. It is still cold where I live tho so we’ll see what happens in the summer

I haven’t ran the stock tune on the pure 750 but on bobs base map he said it’s around 420 hp wich isn’t a lot over stock… the spool is a bit later in the rpm I can’t remember exactly where but to me it’s barely noticeable on low boost I’m sure when I kick the boost up there will be a big difference.

What I really like about the pure is that it just keeps pulling through every gear unlike the stock turbo. The stock turbo feels like it dies so quick up top.
I think I'm close to 400-415whp and I'm basically maxed out (Stock turbo) - hard to tell because I had another injector fail so I can't even drive the car (I'm buying a whole set this time) But 420whp seems like he's really taking it easy - probably like 5* of timing. Can't wait to see what it will do when it really opens it up.
      04-05-2024, 10:15 AM   #35
Shawqi90210
Private
Rep

Quote:
I think I'm close to 400-415whp and I'm basically maxed out (Stock turbo) - hard to tell because I had another injector fail so I can't even drive the car (I'm buying a whole set this time) But 420whp seems like he's really taking it easy - probably like 5* of timing. Can't wait to see what it will do when it really opens it up.
Are you still on eu6 or you upgrading ?
I personally put eu5 I can’t review them yet because I haven’t ran e on them but I’ve heard good things.

I’ve seen someone go up to 700 whp on a maxed out 750 but that’s crazy to me considering one bad fuel cycle and your motor is trash. I’m going to eventually pull this motor and do a full rebuild on it and maybe doing a full frame turbo but I’m going to enjoy my 750 for now
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2024, 10:27 AM   #36
AmuroRay
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Are you still on eu6 or you upgrading ?
I personally put eu5 I can’t review them yet because I haven’t ran e on them but I’ve heard good things.

I’ve seen someone go up to 700 whp on a maxed out 750 but that’s crazy to me considering one bad fuel cycle and your motor is trash. I’m going to eventually pull this motor and do a full rebuild on it and maybe doing a full frame turbo but I’m going to enjoy my 750 for now
I'm Eu6 I believe. I'm keeping it stock turbo+pump, I may move to a P500, but it would still be pump gas. I already have a Dorch Stage 1.

No desire to blow the car up - I don't even know what I would do with 500-600-700whp. This chassis (M235i) can't handle that much power. Narrow width, and short wheelbase. I think 475WHP/Torque is more than enough/
      04-05-2024, 05:00 PM   #37
Shawqi90210
Private
Rep

Quote:
I'm Eu6 I believe. I'm keeping it stock turbo+pump, I may move to a P500, but it would still be pump gas. I already have a Dorch Stage 1.

No desire to blow the car up - I don't even know what I would do with 500-600-700whp. This chassis (M235i) can't handle that much power. Narrow width, and short wheelbase. I think 475WHP/Torque is more than enough/
At the end of the day building cars is all preference. For me I chase power idk why but that’s just how I’ve alway been. Some people just want usable power and they will be pleased.

I have done a lot of testing on this car I had a b58 tu pump for couple thousand miles. To be honest it really wasn’t all what people made it seem. Idk how you feel about the dorche stage 1 I personally never ran it.

I think for what you want to accomplish power wise your on the right setup. Maybe a low pressure depending on boost and stuff but good luck on your build!
Appreciate 0