BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M2 Forum > Regional Forums > AUSTRALIA > M2 LCI Australia MY2018

11-30-2017, 10:38 PM   #265
Oxymoron
Private First Class
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2 LCI MGM

Hi all. Finally got BM3 working on my car after a mix up with the activation code/unlocking the VIN in the Bootmod3 servers. My tuner stayed up until almost 2am talking to BM3 guys to work out what happened. Legend

Custom tune was done and the car feels awesome! Comes on boost so much harder.

We did a baseline again before tuning which was 288whp with DP, Intercooler Charge pipe (which was actually lower than the stock run of 296whp we did 3 weeks ago). Different conditions on the day I guess, maybe a bad batch of fuel?

Anyway, what matters is the Delta. Once tune it pulled 343whp with a heap more mid range torque. An increase of 20% power and 30% torque. And based on most stock DynoJet readings of 335whp, the 343 I saw on this dyno equates to around 390whp, which is exactly what I expected.

Happy days
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2017, 01:57 AM   #266
atlas
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: F10 535i, M2 LCI, G05 X5 40i

Re Connected drive - I called up the customer service who put me through to a genius. He added the car manually to my profile and now it's all working.
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2017, 11:20 PM   #267
specka
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M2 LCI BSM

Garage List
2017 BMW M2 LCI  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by atlas View Post
Got my LCI delivered on Saturday. Seemingly lost the tire lottery but I'm not terribly fussed - still an awesome car!
Picked mine up today - got the Continentals as well. Funnily enough my outgoing car has two Conti's and two PSS on it, so I never really knew which tyre was better. Im pretty sure Ill be ok with them.

One thing Im not sure about is Connected Drive. I want to get that sorted out but I think I have to wait for an email from BMW, according to the salesperson.
I created an account myself just to see, but I cant add a vehicle, just errors.
      12-11-2017, 04:02 AM   #268
V.Smurf
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: M2 LBB DCT (LCI) | X3 30i

Quote:
Originally Posted by specka View Post
Picked mine up today - got the Continentals as well. Funnily enough my outgoing car has two Conti's and two PSS on it, so I never really knew which tyre was better. Im pretty sure Ill be ok with them.
Congratulations on getting your car!

Like you, I've ended up with the Conti's ... they seem fine to me. I've got Conti's on the X6, and they were a huge step up from the Bridgestone rubbish that was on the car when I first got it ... so my experience with Conti's is mostly very positive.

Time to enjoy making the car your own - its an amazing drive, that will give you a buzz every time you give the accelerator a squirt!

Cheers,
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2017, 05:01 AM   #269
specka
Private First Class
Rep

Garage List
2017 BMW M2 LCI  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by V.Smurf View Post
Congratulations on getting your car!

Like you, I've ended up with the Conti's ... they seem fine to me. I've got Conti's on the X6, and they were a huge step up from the Bridgestone rubbish that was on the car when I first got it ... so my experience with Conti's is mostly very positive.

Time to enjoy making the car your own - its an amazing drive, that will give you a buzz every time you give the accelerator a squirt!

Cheers,
haha yes cant wait for the run in to be done! Ill have it done by shortly after Xmas with the travel I have planned.

Curious if you had any thoughts on my Connected Drive question...did you have to do anything to get that set up? I might not fully understand the 'ecosystem' but as I understood it a 2 year subscription to the service is included with the car and that it has its own 3G/LTE sim card connection for downloading apps etc, independent of a smart phone...am I on the right track here?

Thanks
      12-11-2017, 04:12 PM   #270
V.Smurf
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Curious if you had any thoughts on my Connected Drive question...did you have to do anything to get that set up?
I did this during the delivery process, and it all seemed very easy. I registered with BMW Connected Drive a couple of weeks before the car arrived. At the time, I couldn't register the car prior to taking delivery: I understood that the BMW Dealer has to mark the car as delivered before the Connected Drive system will recognise the VIN (remember that it may work differently in AU to other countries - how it works in the US isn't directly transferable here).

Anyway, during the delivery process, we registered I entered the last 7 digits of the VIN into website ("Add Vehicle"). The website then sends a PIN to the car (via the car's inbuilt SIM), and you follow the prompts to complete the registration process in the car. You just need to make sure that there is good mobile coverage when you are doing this process - we had the engine running at the same time. Note that it can take about 30 minutes for the message to arrive.

Quote:
I might not fully understand the 'ecosystem' but as I understood it a 2 year subscription to the service is included
I don't fully understand which service attracts what subscription period. I have a mix of 3 & 4 year subscriptions across the variety of services. I actually asked the BMW Genius what all the services were, but I didn't get an answer that made things clearer. The BMW Connected Drive website will actually show you a checkerboard of all the services and their expiry dates once you complete the setup process.

Quote:
the car and that it has its own 3G/LTE sim card connection for downloading apps etc, independent of a smart phone...am I on the right track here?
Yes - the car has its own SIM. I don't know if you were shown the emergency call button (next to the interior lighting) which no doubt uses the inbuilt/included SIM. In AU, I don't think that the SIM is used to download map updates, but it is used for App downloads.

Note: Apple CarPlay is different - it uses the data included with the mobile phone for services - effectively the application on the iPhone sends the image to the screen in the M2, and the data for that is dragged down using the mobile data plan on the iPhone.

Hope this helps!
Appreciate 1
specka71.00
      12-11-2017, 08:49 PM   #271
specka
Private First Class
Rep

Garage List
2017 BMW M2 LCI  [0.00]
Thanks Smurf!
I was entering the full VIN, wasnt paying attention to the details as usual! That has solved it for me. Not at home so cant receive the PIN but good to know its all up and running.

My biggest hope for Connected Drive and the inbuilt sim was that IDrive could install the Spotify app natively and stream directly without pairing with my phone.

I am an Android user and even in the short time I've had to play with the system I found it pretty flaky.

I am a bit underwhelmed (or maybe overwhelmed) with iDrive, but I knew I wasn't sold on it as a system when I bought the car. Hoping Ill learn to love it.
      12-11-2017, 10:14 PM   #272
V.Smurf
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Thanks Smurf!
I was entering the full VIN, wasnt paying attention to the details as usual! That has solved it for me. Not at home so cant receive the PIN but good to know its all up and running.
Good stuff - the PIN should be ready and waiting for you when you get home

Quote:
My biggest hope for Connected Drive and the inbuilt sim was that IDrive could install the Spotify app natively and stream directly without pairing with my phone.
I don't believe that will work unfortunately (you'll have to stream from your phone to the car), but provided you accept that limitation, the system should work just fine for this. Someone on the forum may have different advice, so check around. We're Apple users, and while we have installed CarPlay ... we have now reverted back to the native iDrive system as its pretty good.

I'm not in front of the car, but I think all you need to do is to nominate the audio source (likely the Bluetooth name of your phone ... after pairing your phone with the car), and the streaming should work. We're using this process to access Apple Music on the iPhone (i.e. not via CarPlay) and its pretty good. One nice trick that we discovered was that the system will cleverly remember what track you were playing when you last drove the car and bring that back to the exact point where you turned off the car! Smart stuff

Quote:
I am an Android user and even in the short time I've had to play with the system I found it pretty flaky.
iDrive is pretty good - at least in my opinion. I found some of the voice stuff to be a bit weird ... and we had a problem with an address that kept popping up everytime we started the car, but we've worked through those issues.

Everyone's experience is different We have now done about 800Kms and we are getting used to the way the system behaves ... its kind of training us
Quote:
I am a bit underwhelmed (or maybe overwhelmed) with iDrive, but I knew I wasn't sold on it as a system when I bought the car. Hoping Ill learn to love it.
Helps if you can! I found that there was a lot of information there right at the start ... I was familiar with earlier versions of iDrive, however I did find it unexpectedly daunting at first. Once you get a chance to fool around with it, I think you'll be able to get more comfortable with it.

Like I said above, we installed Apple CarPlay (which provides an alternative interface to iDrive) ... but found that iDrive was actually easier to use and less frustrating.

Cheers!
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2017, 04:07 AM   #273
specka
Private First Class
Rep

Garage List
2017 BMW M2 LCI  [0.00]
Good stuff mate, glad you're enjoying yours.

Got the Connected Drive setup tonight, installed the BMW app, pretty nifty I like it.

My XPEL wrap appointment got bought forward so it goes in tomorrow which is good news.

One day I might actually drive the car 🤣
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2017, 06:46 AM   #274
atlas
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep

My car is going in for the run in service tomorrow and the girl said that there is a software reprogram campaign on the car. Any idea what that is?
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2017, 07:32 PM   #275
Aust350z
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: F87 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by atlas View Post
My car is going in for the run in service tomorrow and the girl said that there is a software reprogram campaign on the car. Any idea what that is?
Gauge Cluster blanks out. See threads on here about it. Recall on all LCI's.

Nothing to really worry about. Can't see the cluster on pre-LCI's anyway.
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2018, 11:10 PM   #276
atlas
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aust350z View Post
Gauge Cluster blanks out. See threads on here about it. Recall on all LCI's.

Nothing to really worry about. Can't see the cluster on pre-LCI's anyway.
Ah excellent. Turns out the girl booked the service in prematurely, so will have to wait a bit.

In other news, during our recent hot weather, I've noticed that my iDrive is playing up. It will just randomly start moving and clicking - all by itself! From what I've read it could be a faulty iDrive controller. Will get it checked out during the service.
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2018, 01:08 AM   #277
Alpine*
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: M2 G87

What’s the latest on drive away prices these days boys (and girls), im hearing they are getting very cheap and have some factory support at dealers now.
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2018, 09:15 AM   #278
den525
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpine* View Post
WhatÂ’s the latest on drive away prices these days boys (and girls), im hearing they are getting very cheap and have some factory support at dealers now.
Latest I've heard for lci is $98k driveaway.

Still tossing up between that or Rs3 hatch for $82k
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2018, 05:53 PM   #279
WAY
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: Fast ones

$82k RS3 with what options?
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2018, 05:55 AM   #280
im_dave
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: R53 MCS

My mate bought his bone stock LCI pure manual for 86k. Cheap!
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2018, 08:32 PM   #281
Alpine*
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: M2 G87

Well that pricing will not help the used market for M2s, let alone 240s. One thing Bmw can be counted on for, screwing values on early adopters.
Appreciate 1
Aust350z243.00
      01-08-2018, 02:25 AM   #282
totti84
Major
Australia
Rep
Drives: N54 135i 6MT

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by im_dave View Post
New or used? What state/dealer?
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2018, 05:14 PM   #283
im_dave
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: R53 MCS

Quote:
Originally Posted by totti84 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by im_dave View Post
New or used? What state/dealer?
South Yarra BMW in Vic. Brand new white so absolutely no options.

I got screwed buying my 235 early, but you pay to have it first I guess!
Appreciate 1
totti84112.00
      01-08-2018, 10:39 PM   #284
tsubi
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW 135i

There’s also a $5k BMW Finance incentive offer for any 2017 built cars if that’s of interest to anyone.

Plenty of dealers with stock too (from my research)!
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2018, 06:21 PM   #285
domino_z
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: F-Pace SVR

Is there any local info on m2 cs ordering yet?
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2018, 07:43 PM   #286
Prodigy.
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: ///M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by domino_z View Post
Is there any local info on m2 cs ordering yet?
I asked a few weeks ago at a local dealer but they had no info, maybe others have had more luck.
Appreciate 1
domino_z1250.00