BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M2 Forum > Pricing / Ordering / European Delivery / PCD > Just waiting on the boat!

01-27-2018, 10:16 AM   #1
TMR013
Opus Angelus
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 LBB M2 Coupe

Just waiting on the boat!

Got that email from my SA the other day. The M2 is born and sitting in a parking lot somewhere in Germany waiting for the big boat trip.
Thinking 5-6 weeks since it has to come to the west coast. Would make it a little less than 4 months since I put the deposit down. Honestly that's about what I expected, I really felt the 6 months my SA quoted me was him just being cautious. That what everybody else has been seeing?
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2018, 10:36 AM   #2
pruettfan
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2017 M2, LBB, DCT, Exec

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMR013 View Post
Got that email from my SA the other day. The M2 is born and sitting in a parking lot somewhere in Germany waiting for the big boat trip.
Thinking 5-6 weeks since it has to come to the west coast. Would make it a little less than 4 months since I put the deposit down. Honestly that's about what I expected, I really felt the 6 months my SA quoted me was him just being cautious. That what everybody else has been seeing?
I was in full OCD mode when my car was sitting at the port and then made it on the boat. My car took 28 days from completion to delivery in Tucson. It arrived on a Wed morning at the port in Cali and was at my dealer at noon on that Friday so it made it through port quickly. Your dealer should have info on the boat assignment soon and of course you can call the BMW genius and get up to date information. Also https://www.2wglobal.com is the site for the shipping company that seems to do all of the work for BMW, you can enter your VIN in their search engine and see tracking. Finally if your fully OCD you can pay 6-7 bucks for a month of tracking on the ship and watch the little icon go from port to port, across the Atlantic and through the Panama Canal (guess which option I chose).
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2018, 12:32 PM   #3
ShelJW
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2018 MG BMW M2

Quote:
Thinking 5-6 weeks since it has to come to the west coast. Would make it a little less than 4 months since I put the deposit down.
Congrats!

What color/options did you order?

I placed my order mid Dec., and I'm going nuts waiting for it! I always say I can be very patient, as long as I don't have to wait!

When did they start to build your M2?

I'm sure you're getting even more impatient than I am... the closer it gets, the more difficult the wait!
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2018, 01:19 PM   #4
GregoryK
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: M2 '18

Quote:
Originally Posted by pruettfan View Post
I was in full OCD mode when my car was sitting at the port and then made it on the boat. My car took 28 days from completion to delivery in Tucson. It arrived on a Wed morning at the port in Cali and was at my dealer at noon on that Friday so it made it through port quickly. Your dealer should have info on the boat assignment soon and of course you can call the BMW genius and get up to date information. Also https://www.2wglobal.com is the site for the shipping company that seems to do all of the work for BMW, you can enter your VIN in their search engine and see tracking. Finally if your fully OCD you can pay 6-7 bucks for a month of tracking on the ship and watch the little icon go from port to port, across the Atlantic and through the Panama Canal (guess which option I chose).
2WGlobal no longer works with your Vin #. They took that search engine down for "security reasons" on the Jan 24.

"I would rather cry in a BMW than smile on a bicycle." Ma Nuo
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2018, 01:24 PM   #5
qnet
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 18 Jeep Wrangler, 18 M2 LBB

My CA emailed me and said my M2 is ship bound and should arrive sometime in February. I put my order in last April. I'm doing the PCD so I want see it until March.
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2018, 03:12 PM   #6
TMR013
Opus Angelus
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShelJW View Post
Congrats!

What color/options did you order?

I placed my order mid Dec., and I'm going nuts waiting for it! I always say I can be very patient, as long as I don't have to wait!

When did they start to build your M2?

I'm sure you're getting even more impatient than I am... the closer it gets, the more difficult the wait!
LBB/DCT/Apple car play. Also buying some M Performance CF bits to add on once it gets here (steering wheel insert, rear winglets)

Put the deposit down the week before Thanksgiving. Been in build the last month.
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2018, 03:15 PM   #7
TMR013
Opus Angelus
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by qnet View Post
My CA emailed me and said my M2 is ship bound and should arrive sometime in February. I put my order in last April. I'm doing the PCD so I want see it until March.
Wow! That is a long wait. Wonder why it's shorter for some?
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2018, 05:12 PM   #8
dcmac
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '18 LCI M2

Ordered mine Nov 10 last year, about to take delivery next week... so just under 3 months. And mine needed to sail to the west coast too.
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2018, 06:58 PM   #9
navarrojiii
Private
Rep
Drives: 2023 M340i

I am going through Chandler BMW as well. I put a deposit down on 10/7/17 and was supposed to get a week 2 build. My M2 left Bremerhaven on the Liberty around 1/15/18 I believe and it is scheduled to hit Port Hueneme on 2/13/18. I’m assuming I’ll have my car around 2/17/18 depending how long my port installed options take. Definitely counting down the days!

LBB w/ executive, moonroof, CarPlay
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2018, 08:09 PM   #10
qnet
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Wow! That is a long wait. Wonder why it's shorter for some?
My situation was kind of different I suppose. The first CA I dealt with wanted to sell me a car they had coming, which had several thousand dollars of extras on it. I didn't want that car because of the extras and what it cost. The manager seemed a little irritated by this, and I was basically told the only way I could get a car at MSRP was to order one, and it would be a year wait.

I called their bluff, and told them I didn't mind waiting. They let me order my car, but insisted on a non-refundable $1000,00 deposit. I was never comfortable with that whole situation so, after a few months, I charged back my deposit on my CC.

I figured that would piss them off and never expected to here from them again.

Fast forward to January of this year, I get contacted by another CA at the same dealership who still has my order information. The original CA I dealt with is no longer with the dealership (he moved on to other opportunities I was told). He informed me that they had a configurable M2 going into production soon. Still having my order info in a folder he saw, he wanted to know if I wanted to change anything, if I was still interested of course. I added a moon-roof, Apple car-play and PCD.

I told him I never expected to here from them again, and he apologized for no one keeping in touch with me. So far everything's been cool.
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2018, 11:39 PM   #11
champignon
Disrupter
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1M;Z3M Cp;135is Vert, 996TT

Quote:
I told him I never expected to here from them again, and he apologized for no one keeping in touch with me. So far everything's been cool.
Did you feel like you needed to take a shower after this conversation?
      01-28-2018, 12:06 AM   #12
qnet
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by champignon View Post
Did you feel like you needed to take a shower after this conversation?
LOL, yeah I guess.
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2018, 12:10 AM   #13
champignon
Disrupter
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1M;Z3M Cp;135is Vert, 996TT

Quote:
LOL, yeah I guess.
Keep that soap handy, you may need it again before the curtain drops on the final scene of this play :-)
      01-28-2018, 04:24 PM   #14
akkando
Major General
Rep
Drives: 17 M2 DCT LBB,11 e90 M3 ZCP IB

Quote:

I called their bluff, and told them I didn't mind waiting. They let me order my car, but insisted on a non-refundable $1000,00 deposit. I was never comfortable with that whole situation so, after a few months, I charged back my deposit on my CC.

I figured that would piss them off and never expected to here from them again.
Charge back, I love it!!
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2018, 05:19 PM   #15
seattle86
Rep
Drives: gone: 2018 M2 BSM 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by navarrojiii View Post
I am going through Chandler BMW as well. I put a deposit down on 10/7/17 and was supposed to get a week 2 build. My M2 left Bremerhaven on the Liberty around 1/15/18 I believe and it is scheduled to hit Port Hueneme on 2/13/18.
Nice, I'm on the Liberty too. Hoping to pick it up after the long weekend @ BMW Northwest. Got lucky and put a deposit down on an already in production on 12/21.
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2018, 01:28 PM   #16
navarrojiii
Private
Rep
Drives: 2023 M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by seattle86 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by navarrojiii View Post
I am going through Chandler BMW as well. I put a deposit down on 10/7/17 and was supposed to get a week 2 build. My M2 left Bremerhaven on the Liberty around 1/15/18 I believe and it is scheduled to hit Port Hueneme on 2/13/18.
Nice, I'm on the Liberty too. Hoping to pick it up after the long weekend @ BMW Northwest. Got lucky and put a deposit down on an already in production on 12/21.
Been tracking the Liberty... looks like its ETA into Baltimore is 1/31/18 now, so about 2 days behind schedule. I wonder how much this will affect our respective pickups.
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2018, 12:10 PM   #17
qnet
Major
United_States
Rep

I hadn't seen anything posted in this thread for awhile. My car is at the performance center. It got there early, but I still can't pick it up until when I originally planned on March 12th. The roadblock is my current car and trade-in, the Focus RS. The RS has a head gasket issue that is finally being addressed by Ford. There have been several issues with dealerships, backorders and delays. I originally went to the dealer I bought the car from, several weeks ago; and got the runaround.

Needless to say, this experience has soured me on Ford but not necessarily the Focus RS. It's a really fun car, but now I just want to get rid of it, and never step foot back in a Ford dealership again. Sorry for the negative post, I just had to vent.
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2018, 07:02 PM   #18
rkmjr
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2 ,M & Exe Pkg, MT & MPE

Garage List
Well, my 18' M2 MG MT is now waiting for a boat as well. I am on the US east coast so I am hoping for a mid-April delivery.
      02-17-2018, 08:42 PM   #19
TMR013
Opus Angelus
United_States
Rep

Arriving in LA 2/22. My Dealer may try to fast track it to make month end. I might have it in a week!!
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2018, 12:30 PM   #20
Anthony1s
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2018 Mineral Grey M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkmillerjr View Post
Well, my 18' M2 MG MT is now waiting for a boat as well. I am on the US east coast so I am hoping for a mid-April delivery.
My 2018 MG DCT finished production on 2/16 and is awaiting it's boat. I'm also on east coast, so maybe we'll be on the same boat.
Appreciate 1
rkmjr101.00
      02-18-2018, 09:26 PM   #21
rkmjr
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2 ,M & Exe Pkg, MT & MPE

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony1s View Post
Quote:
My 2018 MG DCT finished production on 2/16 and is awaiting it's boat. I'm also on east coast, so maybe we'll be on the same boat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony1s View Post
Quote:
Possibly the same boat, where are you located? I'm in south central Pennsylvania.
      02-19-2018, 09:06 AM   #22
Anthony1s
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2018 Mineral Grey M2

Quote:
Possibly the same boat, where are you located? I'm in south central Pennsylvania.
Haha a coincidence. I'm in North East PA, but it's getting delivered to Reading BMW. Forget being on the same boat, we might be parked next to each other on it lol.

According to the timeline in the tracking thread, I estimate getting mine between March 11th-28th. And my dealer estimated 5-6 weeks after being built. So hopefully you'll get yours before mid-April. Unless you'll be at the port longer getting accessories put on.

Last edited by Anthony1s; 02-19-2018 at 09:22 AM..
Appreciate 0