BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M2 Forum > Pricing / Ordering / European Delivery / PCD > Below msrp

03-16-2018, 09:08 AM   #111
Chuck-fu
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2 MT LBB

Picked up a 6 speed LBB in Omaha this week. $1500 under MSRP.

I know the S55 is coming out, and maybe it's my inexperience with the world of high performance automobiles, but this car is already fast enough that I am still a bit nervous with it (coming from a 1st gen IS300 w/ MT).
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2018, 09:14 AM   #112
Spa2k
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: '13 JCW

Just like we've been saying: The weather is starting to get a warmer, winter is melting away and "sporty" cars are starting to sell again - which is what happens in the automotive marketplace every year. 60 days from now, there won't be a lot of M2s sitting around dealer lots.

Congratulations to the new owners!
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2018, 12:34 PM   #113
champignon
Disrupter
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1M;Z3M Cp;135is Vert, 996TT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck-fu View Post
Picked up a 6 speed LBB in Omaha this week. $1500 under MSRP.

I know the S55 is coming out, and maybe it's my inexperience with the world of high performance automobiles, but this car is already fast enough that I am still a bit nervous with it (coming from a 1st gen IS300 w/ MT).
What kind of options were on the car, and what was the MSRP?
      03-17-2018, 02:56 PM   #114
pal
Captain
Rep
Drives: Z4 M Coupe

Going to drive a 6MT M2 at BMW Seattle in another hour. The only concern with all the cars they have is that they are sunroof cars with more options than I care for. Plus, they don’t have a black one. Need to see what they can do to get me a base 6MT in Black with no sunroof.
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2018, 05:01 PM   #115
champignon
Disrupter
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by pal View Post
Going to drive a 6MT M2 at BMW Seattle in another hour. The only concern with all the cars they have is that they are sunroof cars with more options than I care for. Plus, they don’t have a black one. Need to see what they can do to get me a base 6MT in Black with no sunroof.
I don't know BMW Seattle, but my guess is that if they have an allocation they will offer it at MSRP. I wanted a 6MT MG with no options whatsoever, and that's what I got offered, and what I accepted. Most of the deals that people are getting are on optioned-out cars where there is a lot more profit for the dealer to play around with. The fact that they may have a number of heavily-optioned cars with DCT on the floor, will probably have no impact whatsoever on what they will give you off a stripped MT version, especially if they have to place an order for it, to your specifications.
      03-17-2018, 05:55 PM   #116
pal
Captain
Rep

They did not have Black Sapphire or Mineral Grey without a sunroof and with 6MT. They found one landing at the port tomorrow so I left a deposit. The dealer that it’s allocated to wasn’t ready to play ball today but they said they’ll try again on Monday. I gave them the go ahead to get it if they can get it. I am not getting my hopes up though.
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2018, 10:00 PM   #117
champignon
Disrupter
United_States
Rep

Quote:
They did not have Black Sapphire or Mineral Grey without a sunroof and with 6MT. They found one landing at the port tomorrow so I left a deposit. The dealer that it’s allocated to wasn’t ready to play ball today but they said they’ll try again on Monday. I gave them the go ahead to get it if they can get it. I am not getting my hopes up though.
If the car in question isn't already spoken for (from your post it sounds like it is not) then it will depend on whether your dealer has a car to trade them that the other dealer wants. M-Cars are not all that highly valued at some dealers, like for example my dealer in Idaho, where they sell tons of SUVs, more than anything else. My salesman told me that mine was the first M-Car he had ever sold. He said that they were trying to get another M-allocation, but for an M4 this time.

Not everyone thinks that a small MT coupe that costs in the mid 50's to the 60's is the bees knees :-)
      03-17-2018, 11:03 PM   #118
CJW2OO4
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: E86M,M2,F13 E86&E85M,E86,2E46

Just picked up a mineral gray M2. 6SPD, exec, sunroof, Apple car play and blackout grills and sidemarkers. About 3.4k under MSRP and 1.9% financing
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2018, 11:33 PM   #119
champignon
Disrupter
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJW2OO4 View Post
Just picked up a mineral gray M2. 6SPD, exec, sunroof, Apple car play and blackout grills and sidemarkers. About 3.4k under MSRP and 1.9% financing
Some of your discount was probably because you financed; perhaps I am wrong on that but I think not.

The Excecutive Package will be worth something to some people and nothing to other people. Ditto for Apple Car Play. The blackout grills and side markers can be bought aftermarket for a small fraction of their installed price, and the installation is very much DIY. The sunroof, which you may enjoy and which may be worth $1050 to you personally, is a detriment in the resale market to a collector. Just go look at vintage car BMW listings, and not surprisingly, many tout the fact that they are "slicktops," e.g. no sunroof. Those things rattle, break, and leak, over time. Many people never use them. They add weight to the car. I would have paid to not have a sunroof on my car, but that is just me. My 2003 Porsche 911 996 TT has a sunroof. It rattles all the time when I drive it; I wish it was not there.

Not criticizing your deal, which sounds to me like a good one, just pointing out, again, that if you want a stripped 6MT car, and you are paying cash, you are very unlikely to get very much off of the car. Not to say that no one has ever gotten a deal on such a car, just to point out that such deals are RARE.
      03-18-2018, 12:04 AM   #120
Spa2k
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: '13 JCW

Quote:
Congratulations on getting a great deal on the car you wanted!
Appreciate 1
CJW2OO4147.50
      03-18-2018, 09:55 AM   #121
CJW2OO4
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: E86M,M2,F13 E86&E85M,E86,2E46

Quote:
Originally Posted by champignon View Post
Quote:
Some of your discount was probably because you financed; perhaps I am wrong on that but I think not.

The Excecutive Package will be worth something to some people and nothing to other people. Ditto for Apple Car Play. The blackout grills and side markers can be bought aftermarket for a small fraction of their installed price, and the installation is very much DIY. The sunroof, which you may enjoy and which may be worth $1050 to you personally, is a detriment in the resale market to a collector. Just go look at vintage car BMW listings, and not surprisingly, many tout the fact that they are "slicktops," e.g. no sunroof. Those things rattle, break, and leak, over time. Many people never use them. They add weight to the car. I would have paid to not have a sunroof on my car, but that is just me. My 2003 Porsche 911 996 TT has a sunroof. It rattles all the time when I drive it; I wish it was not there.

Not criticizing your deal, which sounds to me like a good one, just pointing out, again, that if you want a stripped 6MT car, and you are paying cash, you are very unlikely to get very much off of the car. Not to say that no one has ever gotten a deal on such a car, just to point out that such deals are RARE.
Understandable. I wasn't looking for the moonroof however the numbers were right. I am aware of the aftermarket options but I bought a car that already enroute to the us and I only had to wait a week for delivery. To me financing at such low interests rates is like free money, you can get a greater return on your capital
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2018, 01:37 PM   #122
champignon
Disrupter
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Understandable. I wasn't looking for the moonroof however the numbers were right. I am aware of the aftermarket options but I bought a car that already enroute to the us and I only had to wait a week for delivery. To me financing at such low interests rates is like free money, you can get a greater return on your capital
A sunroof would not be a deal breaker for me, however I wouldn't pay for it. I am not in anyway criticizing your deal and in fact I think you got a good one.

And I agree with what you are saying about the financing at <2%, and I don't understand why any inducements or discounts would be offered for financing at that rate of interest, but apparently there are for some reason.

I'd love to be able to get 1.9% financing for some of my investment ideas, however the amount of money involved (in my case it was about $35K after my trade in) isn't enough to be of any interest, so it would just be a nuisance to me trying to keep track of the monthly payments.

Congrats on your deal!
      03-19-2018, 01:01 PM   #123
Chuck-fu
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2 MT LBB

Options on my car

Quote:
What kind of options were on the car, and what was the MSRP?
Exec Package and sunroof.

MSRP was 57.7 I believe.
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2018, 03:17 PM   #124
champignon
Disrupter
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck-fu View Post
Exec Package and sunroof.

MSRP was 57.7 I believe.
I think you got a good deal, basically you got both of those options for around $1000 in total.
      03-20-2018, 07:33 PM   #125
pal
Captain
Rep

Well, that didn’t work out as the other dealer was not willing to let go of their allocation. I guess I’ll keep looking and possibly wait on 2019 MY cars as well. If you guys find a non-sunroof, 6MT in BSM or MG in the Northwest or California, please let me know.
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2018, 08:52 PM   #126
champignon
Disrupter
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Well, that didn’t work out as the other dealer was not willing to let go of their allocation. I guess I’ll keep looking and possibly wait on 2019 MY cars as well. If you guys find a non-sunroof, 6MT in BSM or MG in the Northwest or California, please let me know.
Keep looking. Although I'm not buying the idea that the N55 M2 is going to be viewed as garbage after the M2 Comp comes out, I do think that there will be a few people who decide not to take cars they have ordered when the launch of the Comp approaches. I don't think you will get a huge savings on one, given that summer is approaching, unless the cars are heavily optioned up.

But I would rate your chances of finding one as excellent, if you are willing to take a short airplane flight, and keep your eyes peeled on dealer inventories, especially including cars listed on their websites as being "in-transit."

Good luck!
      03-20-2018, 09:04 PM   #127
M235guy
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 M235i

Pricing on M2 DCT

Quote:
Quote:
Well, that didnÂ’t work out as the other dealer was not willing to let go of their allocation. I guess IÂ’ll keep looking and possibly wait on 2019 MY cars as well. If you guys find a non-sunroof, 6MT in BSM or MG in the Northwest or California, please let me know.
Keep looking. Although I'm not buying the idea that the N55 M2 is going to be viewed as garbage after the M2 Comp comes out, I do think that there will be a few people who decide not to take cars they have ordered when the launch of the Comp approaches. I don't think you will get a huge savings on one, given that summer is approaching, unless the cars are heavily optioned up.

But I would rate your chances of finding one as excellent, if you are willing to take a short airplane flight, and keep your eyes peeled on dealer inventories, especially including cars listed on their websites as being "in-transit."

Good luck!
Looking at picking up a M2 DCT with Apple CarPlay and Executive Package.

Quoted this in the attachment. Seem like a fair deal? I've got USAA but will be buying the 100k extended warranty and want M exhaust.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      03-20-2018, 11:47 PM   #128
champignon
Disrupter
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by M235guy View Post
Looking at picking up a M2 DCT with Apple CarPlay and Executive Package.

Quoted this in the attachment. Seem like a fair deal? I've got USAA but will be buying the 100k extended warranty and want M exhaust.
There seem to be better deals on automatics than on manuals, and on cars with the most options. Can't judge your particular deal, however if you are flexible as regards vehicle color, and are willing to travel a moderate distance, I'd guess that you could get a car with DCT and executive package, plus or minus sunroof, for $2000 to maybe $4500 off, which will be influenced by other discounts, financing, etc.

This is all based on posts I have seen in the forum, and not based on any personal experience. The kind of car I was looking for was a semi-unicorn, a stripped 6MT in MG, which I (perhaps unfortunately) acquired for MSRP, although I did OK on my trade in.
      03-21-2018, 04:33 PM   #129
jophish17
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Z4MC

I saw a local dealer actually list out a 3k discount from MSRP on their site.. before any incentives or haggling. It's since sold else I would have shared the link. Believe it was MG, DCT
Appreciate 1
M235guy75.50
      03-21-2018, 05:19 PM   #130
M2C_PLUS
Major
Rep
Drives: BMW 1M

Garage List
2020 BMW M2 Comp  [0.00]
2020 BMW X3M Comp  [0.00]
2011 BMW 1M  [0.00]
£6.5k discount off is easily doable in the UK for a NEW M2. I had at least three dealer groups offering me that discount.
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2018, 08:12 PM   #131
champignon
Disrupter
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatWhiteM2 View Post
£6.5k discount off is easily doable in the UK for a NEW M2. I had at least three dealer groups offering me that discount.
But convert your discounted GBP price into dollars, and you will have no takers over here!
      03-21-2018, 11:35 PM   #132
pal
Captain
Rep

Quote:

Good luck!
Thanks champignon! I found a 2018, MG, 6MT, no-sunroof car in Eugene. It had more options than I like (Exec Pkg, Carbon trunk spoiler & mirrors), but the basic requirements were met and the dealer wanted MSRP. BMW has a $2K fleet discount in place this month and my company happens to be part of that so got that off, put a deposit and secured the car.

I am expecting N55 cars to drop in value if the S55 car is priced to sell (~$65K). Personally, after instructing a few M3/M4s on track I find it hard to imagine that torque in a M2 not taking away from its “safe when pushed to limit” character. I don’t want to go down the path of fat r-comps just to keep the rears from lighting up. Of course, BMW could prove me wrong and I’d be happy if they did
Appreciate 0