BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M2 Forum > BMW M2 Discussions > What did you do to your M2 today?

02-25-2017, 11:21 AM   #2047
ashburyn54
Captain
Rep
Drives: f87 M2

It's been a battle choosing a wheel for this car. The m3/m4 pulls off alot more wheels easily. I've gone back and forth for awhile. 19" three piece look too small for the most part, 20's too big. So a monoblock is in order. I didn't want a street wheel so I'm waiting on a certain open lug 5 hole version of these beauty's . I think they will be right at home with some aero bits. 19x10et33 square, 10mm spacer up front. 265/35r19 re71r's square or with 285/35's in the rear
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      02-25-2017, 12:09 PM   #2048
gmzanatta
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: LBB 6MT M2 # 660/713

Temperatures were well above normal so it got a wash.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
BAN_M2C4154.50
      02-25-2017, 12:16 PM   #2049
Aronis
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2018 M5

Washed both M2 and Q7. May wax the M2 later if I have the energy!

We have rain now and THUNDER AND LIGHTNING! In February!

Mike

2018 M5 and 2019 Porsche Boxster GTS
Prior. '94 325is, '97 M3 Lux, '16 M2
Appreciate 1
BAN_M2C4154.50
      02-25-2017, 12:29 PM   #2050
missedapex
Missedapex
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW

ASD harness

Just got finished putting in the ASD harness. Getting rid of the fake noise, especially the fake highway exhaust drone was well worth the $50. I'm still scratching my head as to why BMW would introduce a fake exhaust drone into the cabin of our cars.
Yes I could have coded it 'off' for free, but I wanted it completely gone. Personal choice.
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2017, 12:43 PM   #2051
Pyrat 2
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Rapidly from A to B

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashburyn54
It's been a battle choosing a wheel for this car. The m3/m4 pulls off alot more wheels easily. I've gone back and forth for awhile. 19" three piece look too small for the most part, 20's too big. So a monoblock is in order. I didn't want a street wheel so I'm waiting on a certain open lug 5 hole version of these beauty's . I think they will be right at home with some aero bits. 19x10et33 square, 10mm spacer up front. 265/35r19 re71r's square or with 285/35's in the rear
Like these?
Attached Images

02-25-2017, 01:19 PM   #2052
Aronis
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2018 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by missedapex View Post
Just got finished putting in the ASD harness. Getting rid of the fake noise, especially the fake highway exhaust drone was well worth the $50. I'm still scratching my head as to why BMW would introduce a fake exhaust drone into the cabin of our cars.
Yes I could have coded it 'off' for free, but I wanted it completely gone. Personal choice.
How long did it take? How much cursing did it involve?

Is there a fuse I can pull to disable the entire thing and hear the difference?

I'd like to do that mod, since going down the highway I could do without the drone.

Mike

2018 M5 and 2019 Porsche Boxster GTS
Prior. '94 325is, '97 M3 Lux, '16 M2
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2017, 01:34 PM   #2053
missedapex
Missedapex
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aronis View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by missedapex View Post
How long did it take? How much cursing did it involve?

Is there a fuse I can pull to disable the entire thing and hear the difference?

I'd like to do that mod, since going down the highway I could do without the drone.

Mike
I took my time and it still only took about 20-25 minutes.
The harness shell connectors need to be swapped. The factory one gets slipped off and placed on the provided harness and vice versa. Simple enough.
https://technicpnp.com/

Honestly, the toughest part was sliding the trunk gasket back onto the metal edging by the trunk lock itself. The metal is thicker in that area so you really need to work the metal edge back into the rubber groove, otherwise the rubber won't seat properly.

Yes there is a fuse you can pull. Check the little paper fuse map, I think it was fuse 21 or 22.
This is what I did first, the improvement was night and day with the fuse pulled and convinced me to get rid of the ridiculous ASD. I actually drove for three days waiting for my harness..no stereo, but the improvement was worth having no tunes or hands free.
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2017, 02:55 PM   #2054
Stu Pedasho
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Clearing garage space

Quote:
Originally Posted by QLAbot View Post
Took advantage of the warm weather and finally got her all cleaned up...

Attachment 1573089

Attachment 1573090

Then I noticed this....

Attachment 1573091
People suck. I dread parking mine in the lot at work. I'm only taking her to work once a week Spring to Fall and parking her somewhere away from people. I hope.
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2017, 03:15 PM   #2055
///M2-PILOT
M2 PILOT
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 ///M2 HEA LBB M-DCT

Thursday had a Productive day off..... M Performance Steering wheel, Carbon Fiber rear diffuser and black chrome slash cut exhaust tips.

Today a nice winter ride!!!!
Attached Images

///MIKE M206.50
QM287.00
      02-25-2017, 05:16 PM   #2056
switlikbob
Chuggin' Along
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 LBB ///M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu Pedasho View Post
People suck. I dread parking mine in the lot at work. I'm only taking her to work once a week Spring to Fall and parking her somewhere away from people. I hope.
I hear you on that.

I stopped at the supermarket yesterday on my way home from work. I dorve around for a few minutes looking for the best spot away from all other cars, and the most inconvenient to walk to the store entrance from.

As soon as I parked, got my stuff together, a pile of shit Dodge minivan pulls up in the parking spot right next to me, driven by a super WT Marlboro smoking woman in the driver's seat. I was gonna move the car to another spot, but figured with my luck, she would just follow me. You can't make this stuff up. Odd thing was, when I returned to the car after shopping, the WT woman had never even got out of her minivan.
Appreciate 1
      02-25-2017, 07:31 PM   #2057
cbmmm3
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 RX8, 2017 M2, 2020 M2CS

did the same thing today as I have done everyday since November 20 2016. Walked past her in the garage as she sleeps under cover. One more month..........
Appreciate 1
      02-25-2017, 07:31 PM   #2058
ryem3
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 MB M2 CS

Quote:
Originally Posted by M2PILOT View Post
Thursday had a Productive day off..... M Performance Steering wheel, Carbon Fiber rear diffuser and black chrome slash cut exhaust tips.

Today a nice winter ride!!!!
Source? How was the tip install? I'll be looking for those same parts!
Appreciate 1
      02-25-2017, 07:41 PM   #2059
2M
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Mineral Grey M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by EL BAN View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by switlikbob View Post
This is a story of what my ///M2 did to me today...

SO, I got my first ticket in the new ///M2. Total bullshit.

I was driving home from work, same drive I normally do in my Camry, going the same speed I normally do.

I pulled away from a red light, driving with traffic, not doing anything stupid. I hear my V1 going off for K-band, which is usually caused by an automatic door at one of the many stores nearby. I stop at the next traffic light and I notice a police SUV to the left of me in the left hand turning lane, blocking the lane and stopped next to my rear bumper. I figured he was coming for me, as the LBB ///M2 sticks out like a sore thumb in commuter traffic.

The cop continues to follow me as I move over to the right lane and then flips on his lights. I wave to him, to let him know I see his lights, find the nearest cross street and pull over. He comes to my window, lets me know that I'm being A/V recorded, and tells me that I was going 60mph in a 50mph zone. He asked for my license, registration & insurance, which I handed to him.

I told him that I didn't realize I was going that fast, I just got the car, I was enjoying the nice weather on my ride home, and honestly wasn't paying attention to my speed. I also noted that I was just driving with traffic, I wasn't passing anyone or weaving through traffic. He then grunted at me, with a cock-eyed face. I then asked, "It's the car, isn't it?". He smiled, reluctant to say anything that would be recorded, and went back to his SUV.

After a few minutes he returned, explained that he could've written me some ridiculous ticket with a huge fine and points on my license. He then said that he opted to instead write me a ticket for "Improper Display / Unclear Plates".

So I was very pleased that I didn't get a ticket with points, but there's nothing wrong with my license plate. The funny thing is, in NJ you need a front plate, and I chose not to install it. He didn't even notice that.

So I guess I'm happy with my $54 fine, and I helped an officer meet his quota, LOL.

Gotta love NJ!!! So today I learned that me new car is a definite cop magnet.
The car itself is a magnet.. I have not been pulled over thankfully but every cop I pass by stares at the car
Yeah I was driving on a local street and a cop car was coming in the opposite lane, we were both driving very slow and we made eye contact. He popped a uturn immidiately and got right on my rear bumper, followed me for a few blocks and took a turn somewhere. Maybe he just wanted to check out the M2 lol.
      02-25-2017, 07:42 PM   #2060
///M2-PILOT
M2 PILOT
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 ///M2 HEA LBB M-DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryem3 View Post
Source? How was the tip install? I'll be looking for those same parts!
The stock tips can be pulled off. I sprayed the inside backs with WD40 and just twisted them back and forth while pulling. Took some effort but they came right off. New tips just pushed right on.

Tips are the M3 / M4 black chrome tips found here:

https://www.getbmwparts.com/partloca...catalogid=4462
      02-25-2017, 08:31 PM   #2061
switlikbob
Chuggin' Along
United_States
Rep

I'm happy that so far, everyone here has been able to get out of trouble with the cops. In NJ, paying a $50 fine is definitely a rare occurrence. I know for a fact that the NJ State Police are ordered to meet a quota regarding monthly monetary intake. The local cops follow the same model. I assume most other non-NJ police departments follow this model. It just sucks when you finally get the car that you want (waiting for 17 years in my case), and it's an instant ticket generator.

Anyhow, I actually did something to my car a few minutes ago. This is a HIGHLY controversial mod. Some folks love it, some hate it. At this point, I am undecided. It literally took me 5 minutes using a harbor freight plastic trim tool, so I can switch back anytime.

I'm looking forward to comments...
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      02-25-2017, 08:54 PM   #2062
Dav3
Major
Rep
Drives: G87 M2/E89 35is/F21 M140i/GT4

Quote:
I'm happy that so far, everyone here has been able to get out of trouble with the cops. In NJ, paying a $50 fine is definitely a rare occurrence. I know for a fact that the NJ State Police are ordered to meet a quota regarding monthly monetary intake. The local cops follow the same model. I assume most other non-NJ police departments follow this model. It just sucks when you finally get the car that you want (waiting for 17 years in my case), and it's an instant ticket generator.

Anyhow, I actually did something to my car a few minutes ago. This is a HIGHLY controversial mod. Some folks love it, some hate it. At this point, I am undecided. It literally took me 5 minutes using a harbor freight plastic trim tool, so I can switch back anytime.

If you didn't know they did not come original on the car you wouldn't even notice them

I ordered a pair too.. Only really worried about how they look on the inside, do you have any good pictures of them from this view?
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2017, 08:58 PM   #2063
///MIKE M
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2016 LBB M2

Quote:

I know my department doesn't follow any model like that....

As for your ticket in the previous post he wrote 39:3-33 which encompasses a wide range of things regarding our NJ plates. No front plate, tinted cover, plate frames covering parts of the words 'New Jersey" and 'Garden State', distance from the ground, etc etc. People never realize those dealer plate frames are actually a violation.

Anyway, give it a google search. It's a good way to give someone a break IMHO. So he could of saw the front plate missing or just a plate frame and wrote the same statute. Again, IMHO a way to give someone a break vs using that as your reason for the initial stop. I try to avoid giving point tickets personally unless your really deserving of it. As with everything people have certain preferences for violations that they will write vs someone else not even making the stop.

Any questions let me know. Love to help out a LBB brother

As for the mirrors, I prefer the stock ones.
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2017, 09:04 PM   #2064
P4rD0nM3
youtube.com/rodoabadtv
Rep
Drives: 2017 Dinan M2, 2023 X3MC

Garage List
The M2 and any other car ranging from the cheapest to the most expensive ones are not ticket generators per se—only when you brake the law.
      02-25-2017, 09:29 PM   #2065
ashburyn54
Captain
Rep
Drives: f87 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyrat 2 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashburyn54
Like these?
No not quite! Those look great though! 18's or 19's?
I love The detail/depth and Motorsport love with the true open lug. I like this view better, wish the wheel wasn't black.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      02-25-2017, 10:05 PM   #2066
switlikbob
Chuggin' Along
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by lop00 View Post
If you didn't know they did not come original on the car you wouldn't even notice them

I ordered a pair too.. Only really worried about how they look on the inside, do you have any good pictures of them from this view?
I was thinking the same thing, they look like they could've come stock especially in the paint match version. I'll snap a few pictures from the inside in a minute.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///MIKE M View Post
I know my department doesn't follow any model like that....

As for your ticket in the previous post he wrote 39:3-33 which encompasses a wide range of things regarding our NJ plates. No front plate, tinted cover, plate frames covering parts of the words 'New Jersey" and 'Garden State', distance from the ground, etc etc. People never realize those dealer plate frames are actually a violation.

Anyway, give it a google search. It's a good way to give someone a break IMHO. So he could of saw the front plate missing or just a plate frame and wrote the same statute. Again, IMHO a way to give someone a break vs using that as your reason for the initial stop. I try to avoid giving point tickets personally unless your really deserving of it. As with everything people have certain preferences for violations that they will write vs someone else not even making the stop.

Any questions let me know. Love to help out a LBB brother

As for the mirrors, I prefer the stock ones.
///Mike M, thanks for your feedback. I'm glad to hear that your department isn't following the model I mentioned. And please know that I have the utmost respect for cops. My father was one, and the NJSP trooper friends from whom I've got the "quota" information from are also what I consider great people. And I totally agree that the officer who ticketed me, gave me a break. I chose not to disclose to the officer what I do, or my relationship with law enforcement, which goes beyond what I mentioned here. Like I said in my previous post, I was driving along with traffic. Maybe I was going a few mph faster than everyone else, but IMHO it was no reason to be pulled over. At the same time, there have been many instances where I've gotten away with murder. So I'll take the ticket I appreciate your offer of assistance and will take you up on it if I happen to have an unlucky situation. And I guess if you find me on a NJ road with my ugly mirror caps, you'll remember this forum post. Thanks Mike!
Appreciate 2
///MIKE M206.50
bollinm25.00
      02-25-2017, 10:06 PM   #2067
switlikbob
Chuggin' Along
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by P4rD0nM3 View Post
The M2 and any other car ranging from the cheapest to the most expensive ones are not ticket generators per se—only when you brake the law.
Maybe that's truth...in Illinois.
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2017, 10:14 PM   #2068
switlikbob
Chuggin' Along
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by lop00 View Post
Do you have any good pictures of them from this view?
As promised, if you want more with better lighting, I'll get them for you tomorrow.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0