BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M2 Forum > Pricing / Ordering / European Delivery / PCD > 2018 M2 Order Question (stock wheels)

02-25-2018, 09:23 AM   #1
DDR MFS
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 F80 MW/CSC/6MT/18s

2018 M2 Order Question (stock wheels)

About to lock in an order for the F87, but am still pretty hung up on the fact that I cannot get stock 18s as an option. Obviously, I can go aftermarket or source OEM 18s, but I would much rather just get it as wanted out of the box.

Anyone here try to order or work with their dealership to do 18s as an option on delivery?

I just want more tire for both driving events and to eat up the Mars surface that has become norm for DC area roads. Had 19s on my E92 iS and had to have the rims straightened twice after getting slapped on Wisconsin and RT 66.

Thanks!
      02-25-2018, 09:28 AM   #2
Dr.Deep
Captain
No_Country
Rep
Drives: M4 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDR MFS View Post
About to lock in an order for the F87, but am still pretty hung up on the fact that I cannot get stock 18s as an option. Obviously, I can go aftermarket or source OEM 18s, but I would much rather just get it as wanted out of the box.

Anyone here try to order or work with their dealership to do 18s as an option on delivery?

I just want more tire for both driving events and to eat up the Mars surface that has become norm for DC area roads. Had 19s on my E92 iS and had to have the rims straightened twice after getting slapped on Wisconsin and RT 66.

Thanks!
No experience but maybe you can do something to get the 18" wheels you usually can get as a winter option?
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2018, 11:16 AM   #3
Anthony1s
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2018 Mineral Grey M2

Did you ask your dealer if you could order with the 640m or 513m wheels? What'd he say?
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2018, 12:09 PM   #4
DDR MFS
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony1s View Post
Did you ask your dealer if you could order with the 640m or 513m wheels? What'd he say?
No I did not. Not sure if that was an option but I will check. Haven't done much research into this specific issue, so I apologize in advance.

I would love to get the 513m wheels for the car, but not sure if this has be done as a special request or through the actual ordering process with the dealer. Hence the question.

Thanks for mentioning!
      02-25-2018, 08:30 PM   #5
M2OG
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: a car

If you can't order the car with them, I would ask the dealer to swap wheels with a M3/4 they might have sitting on the lot and see what they say.
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2018, 10:24 AM   #6
David1
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 09 E92 09 X5

They will not swap wheels. If you want the 18" wheels and tires you need to purchase them as a second set.
      02-26-2018, 11:52 AM   #7
Anthony1s
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2018 Mineral Grey M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDR MFS View Post
No I did not. Not sure if that was an option but I will check. Haven't done much research into this specific issue, so I apologize in advance.

I would love to get the 513m wheels for the car, but not sure if this has be done as a special request or through the actual ordering process with the dealer. Hence the question.

Thanks for mentioning!
I know dealers have options that aren't listed. Like the smoker's package. Which is a cigarette lighter and an ash tray that fits in the cup holder. Cause of that, I was thinking maybe there's a winter package or a unlisted option to have those wheels instead.

Either way you slice it, it would have to be done through your dealer. So the quickest way to get an answer would be to email a dealership and be like "hey, was wondering if it's possible to order a BMW M2 with the 513m wheels instead of the stock 437m?"

That's what I meant when I asked if you asked a dealer yet. Hopefully I didn't come off as rude. Just saw asking them directly as the best thing you could do.
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2018, 12:22 PM   #8
DDR MFS
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony1s View Post
I know dealers have options that aren't listed. Like the smoker's package. Which is a cigarette lighter and an ash tray that fits in the cup holder. Cause of that, I was thinking maybe there's a winter package or a unlisted option to have those wheels instead.

Either way you slice it, it would have to be done through your dealer. So the quickest way to get an answer would be to email a dealership and be like "hey, was wondering if it's possible to order a BMW M2 with the 513m wheels instead of the stock 437m?"

That's what I meant when I asked if you asked a dealer yet. Hopefully I didn't come off as rude. Just saw asking them directly as the best thing you could do.
Thanks for the input. I actually think I am about to sign for a new F80 built to my specs, but it depends on clarifying the money down is out the door. This is one of the harder decisions I have had to made and that includes those made on deployments, etc

Will see what they come back with.
David.m437.00