BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M2 Forum > Regional Forums > AUSTRALIA > Thinking of an Exhaust? Hit me up for a listen!

11-01-2017, 09:11 PM   #1
iQuiet
Private First Class
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2017 AW M2

Thinking of an Exhaust? Hit me up for a listen!

I know it's very hard to even see an M2, let alone hear multiple ones with after market exhausts.

I have full Fi Exhaust with catless downpipe, located in Melbourne, let me know if you want a listen, maybe it'll help you decide !
Appreciate 2
kab_m2114.50
PASHN85.00
      11-02-2017, 02:37 PM   #2
Joejoe1986
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW M2

Mate I have the exact problem at the moment and I'm trying to decide between the Fi and the M Performance. You happy with the FI?
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2017, 06:26 PM   #3
kab_m2
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: M135i, X1 25i, M2 LCI

How's your ESS tune going?
Any issues so far? CELs?
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2017, 09:15 PM   #4
iQuiet
Private First Class
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joejoe1986 View Post
Mate I have the exact problem at the moment and I'm trying to decide between the Fi and the M Performance. You happy with the FI?
M Performance for me, is only the name.. It cuts into the OEM exhaust, and you'll probably end up getting a DP, the Fi is obnoxious though, I love it! Quieter than stock with the valves closed under 3,000 RPM.

If you want something ridiculously loud and sounds amazing go with Fi, if your not prepared for either spectrum of the loud to quiet, try getting a free flowing downpipe first, because the stock system is still 3inch.
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2017, 09:20 PM   #5
iQuiet
Private First Class
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by kab_m2 View Post
How's your ESS tune going?
Any issues so far? CELs?
My ESS tune has now settoed in, and for me, it's perfect, if I didn't know it was tuned, it runs like stock, but extracts more power and is actually 1-1.5L/100km more fuel efficient.

It's dynamic so it constantly gauges by the readings the vehicle is out putting to it.

If you have never driven a stock M2, you would assume it hasn't been tuned, because there is nothing out of the ordinary, no fake exhaust trickery, no anti lag tune, none of that crap, it's a simple replacement of the stock software with software that is more efficient as it does not need to be 200% safe, it's now 1205 safe. For example factory cars all come more rich because it's safer to do so. ESS will lean out the vehicle within the safety parameters to extract more power with more boost, and reduce the fuel consumption.
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2017, 09:58 PM   #6
JLX
Private
Rep
Drives: '17 F87 M2 DCT

Garage List
2017 BMW M2  [9.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by iQuiet View Post

If you want something ridiculously loud and sounds amazing go with Fi.
More like iLoud am I right?
      11-06-2017, 01:24 PM   #7
Joejoe1986
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by iQuiet View Post
Quote:
M Performance for me, is only the name.. It cuts into the OEM exhaust, and you'll probably end up getting a DP, the Fi is obnoxious though, I love it! Quieter than stock with the valves closed under 3,000 RPM.

If you want something ridiculously loud and sounds amazing go with Fi, if your not prepared for either spectrum of the loud to quiet, try getting a free flowing downpipe first, because the stock system is still 3inch.

So when you say the exhaust is obnoxious what exactly do you mean? I love loud exhausts, but are we talking loud through the rev range or like an AK47 going off when you let go of the throttle?
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2017, 09:42 AM   #8
iQuiet
Private First Class
Australia
Rep

Quote:
So when you say the exhaust is obnoxious what exactly do you mean? I love loud exhausts, but are we talking loud through the rev range or like an AK47 going off when you let go of the throttle?
It's both, the off throttle pops are as loud as anything around. It's seriously like gun shots!
And WOT, it's very very loud as well!
Appreciate 0