BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M2 Forum > Regional Forums > AUSTRALIA > Aussie deliveries?

07-23-2017, 04:05 AM   #1057
Fab_R
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 / Audi S3 8V Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muffy View Post
Hi Fab,

Car has been driven twice in a month, give me a few days to get it clean then I'll send photos

MPE exhaust, carbon diffuser and carbon rear spoiler go on Tuesday. They want to hold the car overnight for the spoiler glue to set. I'll report back the difference Wednesday.
Cheers Muffy.

We should catch up
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2017, 12:27 AM   #1058
Muffy
Private
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fab_R View Post
Cheers Muffy.

We should catch up
Sounds good. I've been thinking of a drive day up through the hills from hurstbridge to marysville. Done a couple already, roads are good and little chance of tickets in the twisties.

Whaddya reckon? Anyone else interested?
Appreciate 1
Fab_R192.00
      08-16-2017, 08:19 AM   #1059
jav_au
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M2

So my car was meant to hit production last week am still waiting for my dealer to confirm what the status is. What's the usual lead time to hit the East coast? I. Not going to get my hopes up too much but would love if if could be here I october but probably thinking early November is more probable?
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2017, 05:55 PM   #1060
V.Smurf
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: M2 LBB DCT (LCI) | X3 30i

Hi jav_au,
Quote:
Originally Posted by jav_au View Post
So my car was meant to hit production last week am still waiting for my dealer to confirm what the status is. What's the usual lead time to hit the East coast? I. Not going to get my hopes up too much but would love if if could be here I october but probably thinking early November is more probable?
Looks like ours may be in the same build week: mine went to status 150 (entered the bodyshop) on August 8th - it is a week 34 build: turns out that the advice on this forum is the week of the build is when build completes, not starts.

Therefore, mine will be ready sometime next week (Week 34 = August 21st) ... and there is a fair bit of restraint involved on my part to not pester the dealer before the end of next week to see if shipping has been booked (when I can start tracking the car myself).

What the dealer has told me is that I can expect delivery early November. Like you, I'm hoping for slightly earlier ... but we'll see how that works out. He did actually tell me mid-October when I placed the order ... so I guess that somewhere between mid-October & early-November I'll have mine.

Its just the ever-so-long-wait in the meantime
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2017, 08:54 PM   #1061
Fab_R
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 / Audi S3 8V Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muffy View Post
Sounds good. I've been thinking of a drive day up through the hills from hurstbridge to marysville. Done a couple already, roads are good and little chance of tickets in the twisties.

Whaddya reckon? Anyone else interested?

PM me your mobile number muffy
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2017, 02:58 AM   #1062
jav_au
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by V.Smurf View Post
Hi jav_au,

Looks like ours may be in the same build week: mine went to status 150 (entered the bodyshop) on August 8th - it is a week 34 build: turns out that the advice on this forum is the week of the build is when build completes, not starts.

Therefore, mine will be ready sometime next week (Week 34 = August 21st) ... and there is a fair bit of restraint involved on my part to not pester the dealer before the end of next week to see if shipping has been booked (when I can start tracking the car myself).

What the dealer has told me is that I can expect delivery early November. Like you, I'm hoping for slightly earlier ... but we'll see how that works out. He did actually tell me mid-October when I placed the order ... so I guess that somewhere between mid-October & early-November I'll have mine.

Its just the ever-so-long-wait in the meantime
Hi Smurf!

I just got a text from my dealer saying he confirmed that production last week and I have a chassis code (doesn't seem to be a full vin code though??) And expects confirmation that production has finished early next week. Apparently after that and it gets confirmed on a vessel I can start tracking It?

Anyways such a tough wait! I want m performance parts for the car but my dealer isn't budging much on price and it's significantly cheaper to import the parts from the UK. Ideally want them fitted at delivery but the body shop seems a bit crap to deal with.
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2017, 05:38 AM   #1063
V.Smurf
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: M2 LBB DCT (LCI) | X3 30i

Hi jav_au,
Quote:
I just got a text from my dealer saying he confirmed that production last week and I have a chassis code (doesn't seem to be a full vin code though??) And expects confirmation that production has finished early next week. Apparently after that and it gets confirmed on a vessel I can start tracking It?
I'd say that's exactly the same production week as mine which finishes production next week (ie. Week 34). My dealer gave me the full chassis code ... I'm tipping that the dealer has shared with you the last 7 digits of the VIN..? I found this webpage that actually shows you how to decode the VIN.

If you PM me, I'll share with you all the digits that likely precede the last 7 digits you've been given, so you'll get your full VIN from that ... you can then use the full VIN to track the car once a ship has been booked. And if we are in the same production week, I'd say there's a good chance our cars will be on the same boat

BTW, whats the spec of your M2..? LBB, DCT + heated seats with lumbar support here. I never use a sunroof, so that was an easy pass ... other stuff didn't seem that worthwhile, although the comments from some other forum members have me regretting that I didn't opt for the comfort glass

Quote:
Anyways such a tough wait! I want m performance parts for the car but my dealer isn't budging much on price and it's significantly cheaper to import the parts from the UK. Ideally want them fitted at delivery but the body shop seems a bit crap to deal with.
Yup - I'm with you on that for sure. I already bought some cosmetic parts from IND ... they were great to deal with and when I mentioned this forum, they offered a discount right away. Parts have already arrived ... now I'm stewing over the front number plate and how to mount it without screws. A carbon fiber rear diffuser keeps nagging away in the back of my mind...

That said, if you are not getting anywhere with the dealer ... there are a number of quality 3rd party installers in Melbourne ... surely Brisbane has similar installers so you can do better on the options...? What are you looking at fitting..?

Cheers,
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2017, 11:59 PM   #1064
Thevintage
Private
Rep
Drives: 1998 840ci

Quote:
Hi Smurf!

Got nearly all my M Performance parts from UK, lucky got mate over there, he buys them into his car repair garage,ships to me and claims the VAT (gst) 20% back makes them even cheaper.
Appreciate 1
jav_au37.50
      08-29-2017, 03:41 PM   #1065
Oxymoron
Private First Class
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2 LCI MGM

Can your mate hook us all up?! Haha

I really want the wheel and the the interior alcantara trim pieces at least. Thinking I'll just go with DP's and stock exhaust/tune initially
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2018, 05:05 AM   #1066
articulatedsphinx
meow
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2019 M2 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by charliesbmw View Post
Initial thoughts! I was going to post the other day, but I didn't feel I'd had enough time with the car to give a through review - so after half a week and 1000km here goes!

I'd test driven the car on two separate occasions, once on a track and once around town. So I was reasonably familiar with what to expect. I must say however the night before delivery I was concerned the car wouldn't live up to my expectations - I'd be waiting since last May and eagerly browsing the forums, reviews and youtube on an almost daily basis (not an exaggeration). And I thought, maybe, somehow it wouldn't be the car I'd dreamt of for a year, that it wouldn't feel right, I'd feel I'd wasted my money. Without a single whisper of doubt, my eleventh hour concerns were quickly swept away.

I arrived to the dealership after the longest, most impatient day at work. I walked through the doors and there she was, in all her beauty waiting for me. My heart skipped a beat, I felt butterflies in my tummy, it was the moment I was waiting for all year. We sat as I learned how to use the new idrive system. I noticed the lingering smell of fresh leather. The fit and finish is perfect. I've heard many reviewers say the interior pales in comparison to other cars in the segment - I'll take their word for it; but take my word for it, too, that the interior is spectacular. The way the steering wheel feels, smooth and chunky and the sound it makes as it glides through your hands. The alcantara on the door trim, how premium it feels and the comments it receives. The tactile sensation of the buttons and idrive controller. They all add to what is a luxury experience.

The first drive was extremely wet. The hardest rain I'd seen in a long time. It was a good chance to experience the car as a normal road car. It performed beautifully. I tested the Harmon Kardon sound. I was treated with crystal clear, well balanced mid range and highs coupled with thumping bass. It's the first time a car system has come close to my home system. I'm no audiophile but I do appreciate quality music and stereos and am very impressed with the HK sound.

The weather cleared later that night as my drive continued. A friend joined me as we drove toward the city. With the clearer weather came the opportunity to open the sunroof, open the windows and open the throttle. The aural sensation led us both to giggle like schoolgirls. I didn't want to drive the car too hard due to the break in period so we explored the different drive modes to gauge the effect on exhaust sound. Sport (and sport +) gave us the most entertainment under load and decided it was the best mode for normal driving duties. Traction mode (or MDM, one press of the traction button), wasn't as loud under throttle but easily gave the most satisfying pops and bangs. "Oh man, that's just rude." "Obnoxious", we'd cheekily exclaim. We would continue to grin like children and we dubbed this mode "city mode", for it's ability to grab attention from everyone around.

Childish activity aside, the best thing about this car is surely how it performs in corners. You simply can't doubt it's straight line performance, for it rapidly picks up pace and easily outshines almost every other car on the road. Even at half throttle there isn't a hint of turbo lag as the engine quickly picks up revs and takes you to lightspeed down the road. But a special mention really needs to be made about how the machine takes a corner. The more I drive the car and the more comfortable I become with it, the more I understand and appreciate just how incredible this car is. You'll be travelling along, step on the brake, hit the left paddle and hear a pop, gurgle and surge of energy. You turn in and point, all with perfect feedback. It defies physics and remains perfectly flat. It doesn't whimper under brakes, it's never unsettled by the turn and the moment you hit the apex, it's ready to build revs again. You take a turn once and find it mind-blowing. You take the same turn again, push a little harder and quickly realise the car is better than you. It has so much more to give, it wants to be driven hard, it wants to be challenged and it wants to teach you exactly why you go to bed every night dreaming about cars and waking up early the next morning just to go for a drive. The M2 is the car dreams are made of. It's the car you want, not the car you need. And it's a piece of fine art and engineering that made me quickly dismiss any concerns it wouldn't meet my expectations, but set a new standard for what a car should be.
Reading this more than a year and a half later, impatiently waiting for my competition. Such a good review. You should write car reviews for a living...
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2018, 11:37 AM   #1067
den525
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW M235i

Who's got M2c number plates on an old m2?
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2018, 12:38 AM   #1068
Sumotang
Private
Australia
Rep
Drives: M2 Mineral Gray

Quote:
Originally Posted by den525 View Post

That would be me. . I was going to get the M2C but got a great deal on the OG. I already had them on hold.
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2018, 01:47 AM   #1069
papertarget
Private
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2 Lci

I have 302550 on my 2018 purely by chance. I had them on my mustang.

Props to anyone who can guess what they mean quickly
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2018, 02:29 AM   #1070
MR RIZK
Major
Australia
Rep
Drives: AW M2C

@papertarget 302kw 550nm
      10-02-2018, 02:49 AM   #1071
Zuzu
Major General
Australia
Rep
Drives: M2C HS 6MT

302 V8 / 5.5litre
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2018, 06:13 AM   #1072
CaptainCripps
Rep
Drives: 2016 WRX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumotang View Post
That would be me. . I was going to get the M2C but got a great deal on the OG. I already had them on hold.
Can i ask what you paid sir?
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2018, 07:42 AM   #1073
papertarget
Private
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2 Lci

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR RIZK View Post
@papertarget 302kw 550nm
Yep. It was originally for my 302 s550 mustang. Put them on my m2 then a mate pointed out that it matches the power output on the m2c..
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2018, 03:25 AM   #1074
Splunket7
Registered
Rep
Drives: Bmw m2C

Just heard from my dealer that my m2c is finally at dealer after being unloaded in port kembla 4 weeks ago. Taken ages for homologation. Hoping to get it very early next week. I assume there will be quite a few deliveries now throughout aussie as plenty have been shipped in.
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2018, 04:48 AM   #1075
articulatedsphinx
meow
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2019 M2 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splunket7 View Post
Just heard from my dealer that my m2c is finally at dealer after being unloaded in port kembla 4 weeks ago. Taken ages for homologation. Hoping to get it very early next week. I assume there will be quite a few deliveries now throughout aussie as plenty have been shipped in.
Yeah I hope so. BMW just fixed a large VIN upload problem today and hopefully mine will be released soon...
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2018, 11:20 PM   #1076
den525
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumotang View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by den525 View Post

Saw the car a few days back... you got me excited lol than caught up and was like this is not a M2c Hahahaha and drove off
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2018, 09:09 PM   #1077
CaptainCripps
Rep
Drives: 2016 WRX

I saw a black M2C on the way to work this morning. Looks fantastic, better than photos. but like everyone has said, that muffler is bloody hard to miss.

Regardless, the wheels in particular looked great on a black car.
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2018, 09:38 PM   #1078
Davil
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: M2 CS, 18 Vantage AMR, 00 WRX

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCripps View Post
I saw a black M2C on the way to work this morning. Looks fantastic, better than photos. but like everyone has said, that muffler is bloody hard to miss.

Regardless, the wheels in particular looked great on a black car.
I don't get the whole muffler thing. I didn't even notice on it mine. Maybe that's because the car is silver and I am tall. But even if I get down on my knees and look at it it doesn't bother me.
Appreciate 0