BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
M2 Technical Topics > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > Message stuck on screen

02-06-2023, 09:49 AM   #1
M2andrew
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW M2

Message stuck on screen

Hello,

I just recently bought a 2018 m2. The car came with this message that cannot be taken off the screen.

I went to bmw.ca, entered my vin and there are no updates for the car. I sent the bmw help email the issue and they had no idea. I was told by the dealership I bought the car from that I could go get the ecu reflashed but I also purchased bootmod3 and when I went to reflash the car it couldn't complete the relflash to stock because of some coding issues. It told me to go into the coding section but I would have no idea what I'm doing there.

As it stands, only am/fm works and everything else won't connect because of this update.

My questions are:

What update is needed and where would I be able to get the file to put on a usb?

Does anyone know what would have to be done to clear it on the doing through bootmod3?

Thank you in advance.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      02-07-2023, 07:31 AM   #2
hlm2c
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2C

Do you have a device connected to the USB port in the arm rest? If you do, remove it.
Appreciate 0