BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M2 Forum > BMW M2 Competition Model > Shmee takes a detailed look@ the M2 Competition

04-18-2018, 03:04 PM   #23
boostm3
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: '18 LBB M2 6MT Exec

Quote:
Originally Posted by cntzl View Post
Really? Didn't know that about the LBB. A reputable local paint shop once told me that the hardest colors to match for him was Silverstone and Mineral White. HKS looks similar to MW so that's why I thought it would be tough to color match.
Interesting. I know my LBB was sold to me with a small scratch on the driver door handle.. The body shop the dealer uses did an awesome job in respraying the handle such that its impossible to see its not original paint.. So maybe its not the toughest. Still cant get LBB touchup paint from bmw lol.
      04-18-2018, 03:31 PM   #24
Grimlock85
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: m3 / 135i

I noticed for the M1/M2 buttons for the DSC there's 3 options

DCS on
MDM
DSC off

MDM is the M dynamic mode, is it possible this mode will also turn off the auto rev system for the manual transmissions? Just looking for an easy way to turn that off without disabling all the safety features
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2018, 03:49 PM   #25
HODLM
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2/AW/6MT; '16 X5 Hybrid

Quote:
Originally Posted by RussM2 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlpsRider View Post
In the Video he mentions that they would build M2 Competitions for the US market first so that they arrive in showrooms at the same time as in Europe. US ED buyers rejoice!
I don't know what to do now, my m2 is going into production first week of may and i got a 4k discount on it!!!
Enjoy it! It's a fantastic car, especially at that price.

TBH, I don't like most of the updates. The larger front grill and smaller fangs looks worse to me, and I can't stand those 3 slots at the bottom of the front splitter. I'm not a fan of the rims either.

More "warrantied" power is great. The mirrors and seats are cool, although I don't like the two tone seats at all.

Point being, I think they inadvertently made the N55 M2 look better.
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2018, 04:12 PM   #26
GerardzM
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by boostm3 View Post
Interesting. I know my LBB was sold to me with a small scratch on the driver door handle.. The body shop the dealer uses did an awesome job in respraying the handle such that its impossible to see its not original paint.. So maybe its not the toughest. Still cant get LBB touchup paint from bmw lol.
The hell with BMW lol, get Dr Colorchip....I believe its C16 for the color code.

Matches very well!
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2018, 04:19 PM   #27
Artemis
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR. View Post
I am happy you liked my filming skills
MR
Tell us more about how you perceived Hockenheim Silver Metallic.

I guess pictures and film material don't do it justice, especially not with bright studio lights on it, making it look as if Mineral White and Titanium Silver Metallic (remember the E46 M3) got mixed together in a pot of paint.

Have you seen HS with less intense light ? Would you recommend it to those who would never choose Alpine White for an M2 ?
      04-18-2018, 05:10 PM   #28
MR.
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 CSL Turbomeister

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimlock85 View Post
I noticed for the M1/M2 buttons for the DSC there's 3 options

DCS on
MDM
DSC off

MDM is the M dynamic mode, is it possible this mode will also turn off the auto rev system for the manual transmissions? Just looking for an easy way to turn that off without disabling all the safety features
Nope it does not. Only in DSC off will switch off the rev matching.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
Tell us more about how you perceived Hockenheim Silver Metallic.

I guess pictures and film material don't do it justice, especially not with bright studio lights on it, making it look as if Mineral White and Titanium Silver Metallic (remember the E46 M3) got mixed together in a pot of paint.

Have you seen HS with less intense light ? Would you recommend it to those who would never choose Alpine White for an M2 ?
The main thing with the color is that my photos give you the best possible representation of the color. My photos are unedited and as the car was standing there. Similar as the video.

The lights had massive impact on the color. It becomes either really light or really dark depending on the angle you are looking at the color. There is a matte look to the paint as well when you look at it under specific angles and sometimes it has a bit of a lighter nardo grey feel to it.

It is an intriguing color that tends to change color similarly to LBB having the tendency of changing color. I never saw the car in natural light, but the leaked photos at the track from a few weeks back showed what happened when you put the car under natural bright light. It almost tends to go white.

MR
Appreciate 1
Artemis29326.50
      04-18-2018, 05:34 PM   #29
ChrisK
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '19 M2C

Garage List
Quote:
Nope it does not. Only in DSC off will switch off the rev matching.

The main thing with the color is that my photos give you the best possible representation of the color. My photos are unedited and as the car was standing there. Similar as the video.

The lights had massive impact on the color. It becomes either really light or really dark depending on the angle you are looking at the color. There is a matte look to the paint as well when you look at it under specific angles and sometimes it has a bit of a lighter nardo grey feel to it.

It is an intriguing color that tends to change color similarly to LBB having the tendency of changing color. I never saw the car in natural light, but the leaked photos at the track from a few weeks back showed what happened when you put the car under natural bright light. It almost tends to go white.

MR
You aren't making my decision easier!
      04-18-2018, 06:04 PM   #30
RussM4
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BmwM3 M2, F80 , E46, 335,G82m4

Quote:
Originally Posted by HODLM View Post

TBH, I don't like most of the updates. The larger front grill and smaller fangs looks worse to me, and I can't stand those 3 slots at the bottom of the front splitter. I'm not a fan of the rims either.

More "warrantied" power is great. The mirrors and seats are cool, although I don't like the two tone seats at all.

\
I do like the look of the comp, and the m mirrors, m seats, more power. I was the first at my dealership to purchase the 2016 m2, i sold it 6 months ago bc the m2 comp was coming out. Then my dealer called me and said do you want the last allocation i have will give you a great deal, so i took it! Missed not having an m2 in my life, but now the m2 comp is around the corner should i cancel my order and just wait to get the comp. It will come down to the price of the m2 comp couple of thousand i am fine. So i am on the edge....
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2018, 06:18 PM   #31
HODLM
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2/AW/6MT; '16 X5 Hybrid

Quote:
Originally Posted by RussM2 View Post
Quote:

\
I do like the look of the comp, and the m mirrors, m seats, more power. I was the first at my dealership to purchase the 2016 m2, i sold it 6 months ago bc the m2 comp was coming out. Then my dealer called me and said do you want the last allocation i have will give you a great deal, so i took it! Missed not having an m2 in my life, but now the m2 comp is around the corner should i cancel my order and just wait to get the comp. It will come down to the price of the m2 comp couple of thousand i am fine. So i am on the edge....
If you don't mind the wait and potential price difference, then definitely wait.
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2018, 06:22 PM   #32
RussM4
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BmwM3 M2, F80 , E46, 335,G82m4

Quote:
If you don't mind the wait and potential price difference, then definitely wait.
yeah hopefully the price comes out before first week of may so i can make a decision. lol
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2018, 08:43 PM   #33
qnet
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 18 Jeep Wrangler, 18 M2 LBB

Quote:
Yup, that is what Frank van Meel told me.

I am happy you liked my filming skills

MR
I've watched our other car videos, I didn't know you had an M2.
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2018, 11:14 PM   #34
cornercase
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: LCI M2

As much as I like the new M3 / M4 M sport seats (though I don’t like the dot pattern) in the M2 Competition, it looks like they’re fully manual (at 6 minutes 25 seconds) and can’t be heated (at 9 minutes, 10 seconds the buttons are missing), unlike the Classic M2 seats.
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2018, 11:26 PM   #35
M-Pilot
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 981 Cayman GTS

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by cornercase View Post
As much as I like the new M3 / M4 M sport seats (though I don’t like the dot pattern) in the M2 Competition, it looks like they’re fully manual (at 6 minutes 25 seconds) and can’t be heated (at 9 minutes, 10 seconds the buttons are missing), unlike the Classic M2 seats.
That's probably just going to be the European models. I wish BMW offered manual seats with no heating in the US market. I bet we'll get automatic and heated seats as standard equipment here in the US.
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2018, 03:10 AM   #36
MR.
Colonel
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by qnet View Post
I've watched our other car videos, I didn't know you had an M2.
Yup, I was one of the first. You will find mine on Tim's channel in some videos. The Akrapovic video is the best example...

MR
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2018, 03:14 AM   #37
Bee Pee
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: AW M2 DCT

anyone heard what M2C sounds like yet ?

Nowt on YT yet, as far as I can tell.....

Current '22 X3M LCI..
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2018, 03:16 AM   #38
MR.
Colonel
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bee Pee View Post
anyone heard what M2C sounds like yet ?

Nowt on YT yet, as far as I can tell.....
Scroll through the different forum topics here and you will find the sound files.

http://f87.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho....php?t=1487664

MR
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2018, 03:38 AM   #39
Bee Pee
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: AW M2 DCT

Quote:
Scroll through the different forum topics here and you will find the sound files.

http://f87.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho....php?t=1487664

MR
MR,

Thanks - doesn't sound as rorty as N55 - too raspy IMHO.

BP

Current '22 X3M LCI..
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2018, 10:38 PM   #40
qnet
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 18 Jeep Wrangler, 18 M2 LBB

Quote:
Yup, I was one of the first. You will find mine on Tim's channel in some videos. The Akrapovic video is the best example...

MR
That's cool, I started watching your videos when I had my Focus RS. I look forward to watching your review of the new M2 when you get it.
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2018, 05:00 PM   #41
MR.
Colonel
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by qnet View Post
That's cool, I started watching your videos when I had my Focus RS. I look forward to watching your review of the new M2 when you get it.
Be prepared what Tim is going to do with Focus RS and me with my M2C

MR
Appreciate 0