BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos > Kid jumps on lambo

10-15-2017, 05:34 PM   #23
NickyC
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: M4 CS. Former G82, x2 F82, F80

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuidoK View Post
I'm just not used to people acting tough with their guns and stuff...
Thats not really a scene where I live so I dont really know how much fun that can be.
Having a sense of humor obviously isn't your scene either. I didn't really mean have a gun in your car, I meant a flamethrower. Much better suited for that situation.
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2017, 05:42 PM   #24
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep
Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickyC View Post
This is why you always keep a gun in the car.
So , you would shoot that kid down with your gun ?

BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2017, 06:06 PM   #25
GuidoK
#buildnotbought
Rep
Drives: Z4 3.0i ESS TS2+

Quote:
Having a sense of humor obviously isn't your scene either.
True, I dont have your US hick humor.
obviously.

Maybe the absence of the rest of the forum LOL'ing all day long on your comment might be pointer to adjust your expectations.....
Z4 3.0i | ESS TS2+ supercharger | Quaife ATB LSD | Brembo/BMW performance BBK front/rear | Schrick FI cams | Schmiedmann headers+cats | Powerflex/strongflex PU bushings | Vibra-technics engine mounts | H&R anti rollbars | KW V3 coilovers/KW camber plates | Sachs race engineering clutch | tons of custom sh#t
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2017, 06:50 PM   #26
Fundguy1
Major General
Rep
Drives: 335 e93

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium View Post
Closeline candidate.
Appreciate 1
      10-15-2017, 06:51 PM   #27
NickyC
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: M4 CS. Former G82, x2 F82, F80

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium View Post
No, GAU-8 specifically reserved for that.
Appreciate 1
      10-15-2017, 09:02 PM   #28
GT3fan
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: e90m

Would have been nice to see that jumping fool get hit by a bus! The lambo driver should have beat that scumbags a$$!
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2017, 06:23 AM   #29
ORIGIN M.
Banned
Rep
Drives: ///M

Quote:
This is why you always keep a gun in the car.
And this is why people end up getting killed for no reason.

Appreciate 0
      10-16-2017, 07:16 AM   #30
zx10guy
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2013 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Bread View Post
Grand scheme of things, aren't Aventadors all carbon body work? So like a Corvette, little chance of actual damage aside from potential paint damage?

Just saying that if someone's gonna run across your car, better it's a form of plastic than metal. And the owner clearly shops at Elmo's pants store.
Carbon fiber doesn't like ductile loads. With the amount of force being applied to a concentrated area on the carbon fiber panels by that idiot's weight jumping on the car, I wouldn't be surprised to see stress fractures on the panels. Especially with the epoxy used to set the carbon fiber.
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2017, 11:21 AM   #31
FC4
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: Yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by ORIGIN M. View Post
There are cars you take into the city, and cars you do not.
Only if you're poor. Some wouldn't dare to drive their M4 in the city because $80K is a lot of car to them. They feel special when their Uber gets them to their destination with Ferraris and Lamborghinis parked on the street with the wheels curbed and a bum pissing on it.
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2017, 12:44 PM   #32
ORIGIN M.
Banned
Rep
Drives: ///M

Quote:
Originally Posted by FC4 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ORIGIN M. View Post
There are cars you take into the city, and cars you do not.
Only if you're poor. Some wouldn't dare to drive their M4 in the city because $80K is a lot of car to them. They feel special when their Uber gets them to their destination with Ferraris and Lamborghinis parked on the street with the wheels curbed and a bum pissing on it.
Not sure what you are really trying to say here.

Money aside I do not take a car I care about into the city or into a bad district.
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2017, 12:58 PM   #33
3GFX
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2003 BMW Z4 3.0i

Saw this, and thought...okay...one well landed punch would have been enough.
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2017, 01:18 PM   #34
Matt@EuroJerks
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2021 Jeep Cherokee

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3GFX View Post
Saw this, and thought...okay...one well landed punch would have been enough.
....or a simple choke slam. It would have been entertaining to all spectators.

Appreciate 0
      10-17-2017, 01:19 PM   #35
Delta0311
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 335xi E92 2016 228xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by FC4 View Post
So can afford a Lamborghini but can't afford decent parking ok yup makes sense. To quote jay-z "what the fuck is you saying son?"
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2017, 02:00 PM   #36
Red Bread
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Smog machines

When I was a kid, we went out to dinner with a family friend in Kensington, central London. He had a Rolls and when we got to the restaurant he just put it in park. In the lane. Right in the middle of the street and told us to get out.

My dad asked rather incredulously 'are you just going to leave it here?' and he responded 'It's a Rolls, it could be anyone, and it could be royalty, no one's going to tow it.' And he was right, it was still there when we got out, not keyed, not burned to the ground. People just went around it for the time it was just sitting in the street.

Dick move, but I still remember it. Plus I'm pretty sure he didn't wear Elmo's Padded Pants or have a pink Lamborghini.

In unrelated, but similarly humorous car lore, I remember that another family friend met us for dinner one night and drove his brand new Bentley. When we left, he ran back in and asked where the keys from the valet were. They told him they didn't have a valet. Some clever soul had popped up a podium and an umbrella, took his keys and then probably threw it all in the trunk and peeled off in his paper plated Bentley.
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2017, 11:52 PM   #37
Mingwan
Major
Rep
Drives: X1 Individual custom paint

Update

So I guess someone tracked the owner of the Aventador down and interviewed him about the incident. It’s a pretty long interview.

Cliff notes:
-Guy was cruising around.
-the reason why he was outside of his car was because fuckface started kicking the sides of his car.
-he gets out to try to stop him. No one seems to want help. Not even the police even after reporting the incident.
-guy didn’t get into trouble for throwing the kid down to the ground.
-guy talks about how he came from nothing.
-he said he got the impression no one cared simply because he appeared wealthy.
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2017, 02:42 PM   #38
Viffermike
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 black-n-blue 718 Cayman

Welllllllll I think it's safe to say Mr. Elmo Pants will be buying a Civic R (or somesuch) to drive into The City ...

... as for Roof Walker Boi: He's lucky Mr. Elmo Pants wasn't either Mr. Saggy Jeans, Mr. Italian Pinstripe Pants, or Mr. Jogger Pants fo' Realz (i.e., a pro athlete). Odds are about even between those among typical Lambo drivers ... otherwise this would have ended far, far worse.

#GuidoFTW
Appreciate 1
Red Bread4463.00
      10-20-2017, 03:05 PM   #39
BEM-S4
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Dinan M235, Dinan Sport Wagon

Has anyone mentioned the fact that the Guido track suit (or whatever the hell that was) matches the car? That in and of itself is priceless. The only way it could get any better would be if he had a Lambo badge gold chain. I have friends who rock that kind of stuff in Strong Island - hell if I could get away with it I would. If driving a Lambo I would also insist on being called "The Bull." Literally the only person in the world I would accept calling me anything else would be Benicio del Toro because he is far too cool to fuck with and Benny the Bull trumps BEM-S4 fat old Lambo guy the Bull.
Appreciate 1
Viffermike1753.00
      10-20-2017, 03:28 PM   #40
Z K
Major General
Rep
Drives: E90 M3, G20 M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by P1et View Post
Why was the douchy driver stopped in the middle of the road, engine running, standing around?
While the guy looks like a douche, this is not the issue. He was standing outside the car because the guy came up to his car and decided to kick it. He gets out of the car to confront the guy and stop him from kicking his car. That's where the video starts and you see the guy run over his car.

Now he is facing charges filed by the guy for attempted manslaughter for stopping the guy from damaging his property... Sad world we live in.

Here is the driver talking about the incident. Rather long video but eye opening. The guy came from nothing, had a criminal record and worked his way up to buy his car.
      10-20-2017, 03:29 PM   #41
Viffermike
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 black-n-blue 718 Cayman

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEM-S4 View Post
Has anyone mentioned the fact that the Guido track suit (or whatever the hell that was) matches the car? That in and of itself is priceless. The only way it could get any better would be if he had a Lambo badge gold chain. I have friends who rock that kind of stuff in Strong Island - hell if I could get away with it I would. If driving a Lambo I would also insist on being called "The Bull." Literally the only person in the world I would accept calling me anything else would be Benicio del Toro because he is far too cool to fuck with and Benny the Bull trumps BEM-S4 fat old Lambo guy the Bull.
Appreciate 2
BEM-S44515.50
Red Bread4463.00
      10-20-2017, 03:41 PM   #42
BEM-S4
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z K View Post
Now he is facing charges filed by the guy for attempted manslaughter for stopping the guy from damaging his property... Sad world we live in.
OK attempted manslaughter is not going to stick - would be interesting to see what the lawyers have to say on the matter regarding assault / battery to protect property. The driver could actually claim he was assaulted, even if the other guy never physically touched him. If Lambo guy feared or reasonably feared he would be harmed and the other party was capable of causing such harm - that's textbook assault. I would think crazy guy starts kicking your car and scaring the shit out of you would qualify. You can be found guilty of assault without ever having come into physical contact with the other party - at least based on my understanding of the law in most of the U.S.

What I don't know is if the guy kicking the car while being operated by Lambo guy would qualify as battery or destruction of property. The answer to that question would inform the thinking on charges against Lambo guy.
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2017, 03:51 PM   #43
Z K
Major General
Rep
Drives: E90 M3, G20 M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEM-S4 View Post
What I don't know is if the guy kicking the car while being operated by Lambo guy would qualify as battery or destruction of property. The answer to that question would inform the thinking on charges against Lambo guy.
Yeah, it seems pretty cut and dry to me. He's just defending his property... but who knows what can come out in court.

The Lambo owner showed a lot of restraint in what he did. He's driving his car, minding his own business when some random punk decides to kick his car for shits and giggles. I know I may do a lot more than just yell at the guy after what he did.
      10-20-2017, 03:55 PM   #44
BEM-S4
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z K View Post
Yeah, it seems pretty cut and dry to me. He's just defending his property... but who knows what can come out in court.

The Lambo owner showed a lot of restraint in what he did. I know I may do a lot more than just yell at the guy after what he did.
I forget all the legalese but Lambo guy used, IMO, reasonable force to subdue a vandal / attacker. Things get a little more complicated when you are assaulting a car that Lambo guy was supposedly in at the time. It's not like kid kicked over his mailbox and Lambo guy pulled out a shotgun.

It seems pretty clear situation of Lambo guy escalating at a reasonable pace and not going overboard. He progressed from verbal get the fuck away from my car to pushing guy off car to getting more physical as needed. Basically stop, no, ok how about now, no, ok how about now. Once the guy was down Lambo guy didn't stick around pounding his face into the curb as a punishment.
Appreciate 0