BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M2 Forum > Regional Forums > AUSTRALIA > Aussie deliveries?

05-04-2016, 05:06 PM   #89
windmagnet
Enlisted Member
Australia
Rep
Drives: M2 ordered

My dealer has now sold 16 cars and is yet to deliver its first. At an allocation of one build slot a month its going to be a long wait for those late to the party.
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2016, 06:01 PM   #90
turboadam
Private
Rep
Drives: 2016 M4 Comp Pkg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thevintage View Post
http://f87.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho....php?t=1232789

He is the thread all the details mate
Cheers big ears.
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2016, 06:49 PM   #91
Prodigy.
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: ///M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by windmagnet View Post
My dealer has now sold 16 cars and is yet to deliver its first. At an allocation of one build slot a month its going to be a long wait for those late to the party.
You East coast guys should order from here in WA, went to an Event at my local dealership last night and was speaking to a chap who ordered an M2 only last week, he should be getting delivery September.
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2016, 08:11 PM   #92
gmzanatta
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: LBB 6MT M2 # 660/713

Quote:
Every 60 days for now actually.
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2016, 04:54 AM   #93
///M-pressed
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: E46 M3, F82 M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigy. View Post
You East coast guys should order from here in WA, went to an Event at my local dealership last night and was speaking to a chap who ordered an M2 only last week, he should be getting delivery September.
Amazing. I ordered in December, and I still don't even know if I am getting delivery in September. And I bought from BMW Sydney who apparently have a fair few allocations.
F82 M4 | 6-speed manual | PP performance Stage 2 tune | Re-valved Bilstein B16s | VRSF midpipe | OEM CS front splitter | OEM GTS hood | OEM M-performance rear diffuser| Evolve tuning catless downpipes | 310rwkw (415rwhp)
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2016, 05:22 AM   #94
TGDavey
Private
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 - AW --> SUNROOF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Attuale View Post
Amazing. I ordered in December, and I still don't even know if I am getting delivery in September. And I bought from BMW Sydney who apparently have a fair few allocations.
I contacted 5 dealers and asked if they have an allocation. One dealer got back to me and said they contacted BMW Aus to confirm the single allocation and that it is mine but needed to place a $4700 deposit to secure it.
I immediately forwarded the deposit and told them the only option is a sunroof.
With in a few days they built my car on the system and sent me an offical document stating the build date which was 5/02/16 assembled at BMW Germany Leipzig plant. I picked up the car on April 29. The moral of the story is unless you have been sent a build date the dealer has no allocation.
Hope this helps.
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2016, 07:33 PM   #95
///M-pressed
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGDavey View Post
I contacted 5 dealers and asked if they have an allocation. One dealer got back to me and said they contacted BMW Aus to confirm the single allocation and that it is mine but needed to place a $4700 deposit to secure it.
I immediately forwarded the deposit and told them the only option is a sunroof.
With in a few days they built my car on the system and sent me an offical document stating the build date which was 5/02/16 assembled at BMW Germany Leipzig plant. I picked up the car on April 29. The moral of the story is unless you have been sent a build date the dealer has no allocation.
Hope this helps.
I've emailed the sales consultant and I've asked him exactly that. Does he have a build date? Haven't received a reply.

Sounds like the dealer you went was on the ball!
F82 M4 | 6-speed manual | PP performance Stage 2 tune | Re-valved Bilstein B16s | VRSF midpipe | OEM CS front splitter | OEM GTS hood | OEM M-performance rear diffuser| Evolve tuning catless downpipes | 310rwkw (415rwhp)
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2016, 07:55 PM   #96
windmagnet
Enlisted Member
Australia
Rep
Drives: M2 ordered

Quote:
Does he have a build date? Haven't received a reply.
My info indicated that the build date was the key and that my dealer is only allocated one build date per month. I have written confirmation of an October build date.

Maybe you need to contact more senior management or look elsewhere.
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2016, 08:11 PM   #97
gmzanatta
Colonel
Canada
Rep

Quote:
My info indicated that the build date was the key and that my dealer is only allocated one build date per month. I have written confirmation of an October build date.

As of right now, it's one allocation every 60 days. Anyone saying otherwise is lying.
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2016, 11:44 PM   #98
Prodigy.
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Keep on their case, i was on to my salesman every week chasing up build dates & a Vin #, we are paying a lot of money for this car, it's not a 20k Hyundai, the least they can do is keep you up to date with what's going on.
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2016, 01:49 AM   #99
den525
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmzanatta
Quote:

As of right now, it's one allocation every 60 days. Anyone saying otherwise is lying.
That's not true. Lol
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2016, 06:07 AM   #100
tsubi
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW 135i

Definitely pays to ring around for anyone still wanting to order.

was a few weeks ago now, but 3 of 4 dealers I spoke to had cars available for delivery towards the end of the year
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2016, 09:56 AM   #101
gmzanatta
Colonel
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by den525 View Post
That's not true. Lol
Source?

Would love to see proof from a dealer showing they have two allocations less than 60 days apart.
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2016, 10:00 AM   #102
den525
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
That's not true. Lol
Source?

Would love to see proof from a dealer showing they have two allocations less than 60 days apart.
No offence but don't you live in Canada? I'm not buying one but my dealer have been saying since the start, they're getting 3 allocations a month. It's the biggest dealer in the Southern Hemisphere
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2016, 10:05 AM   #103
gmzanatta
Colonel
Canada
Rep

Quote:
No offence but don't you live in Canada? I'm not buying one but my dealer have been saying since the start, they're getting 3 allocations a month. It's the biggest dealer in the Southern Hemisphere
Just because I live in Canada doesn't mean I don't have international info.

It's as simple as a production bottleneck - I've gone into much more detail in the 'M2 Waiting List' thread. There's not one dealer out there getting allocations every month, much less multiple ones per month.

Your dealer is going to tell you whatever he wants, doesn't mean it's the truth, as many folks on this forum who were promised cars for March/April/May and now won't have them until Nov/Dec this year can attest to.

But it's a simple solution: ask him for screenshots showing production weeks for multiple cars and that will settle it. Doubt he'd provide you with even one screenshot though.
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2016, 10:08 AM   #104
den525
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Just because I live in Canada doesn't mean I don't have international info.

It's as simple as a production bottleneck - I've gone into much more detail in the 'M2 Waiting List' thread. There's not one dealer out there getting allocations every month, much less multiple ones per month.

Your dealer is going to tell you whatever he wants, doesn't mean it's the truth, as many folks on this forum who were promised cars for March/April/May and now won't have them until Nov/Dec this year can attest to.

But it's a simple solution: ask him for screenshots showing production weeks for multiple cars and that will settle it. Doubt he'd provide you with even one screenshot though.
Doubt a dealer would give those kind of information. Unless you work for a dealer, even so that would be unethical for them to release those kind of information.
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2016, 10:11 AM   #105
gmzanatta
Colonel
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Doubt a dealer would give those kind of information. Unless you work for a dealer, even so that would be unethical for them to release those kind of information.
Why is it unethical? It's not like we'd be asking for customer information. Just the build weeks. Plus, if they really have them, it should be a point of pride since no one else does.

Plenty of folks here have these screenshots from their dealers and have all posted them on the forums for us to compared build weeks, production numbers, etc. so we can figure out just exactly what is going on with the extremely frustrating purchasing experience and delays.
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2016, 10:20 AM   #106
den525
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Why is it unethical? It's not like we'd be asking for customer information. Just the build weeks. Plus, if they really have them, it should be a point of pride since no one else does.

Plenty of folks here have these screenshots from their dealers and have all posted them on the forums for us to compared build weeks, production numbers, etc. so we can figure out just exactly what is going on with the extremely frustrating purchasing experience and delays.
Regardless, I saw the allocation/available build dates. It was 3 a month, as dealer gave me the option of either feb 2017 or 2 slots in March 2017.

I've dealt with my salesman for several years now, there's no need for him to lie.

Australia generally have more allocations per capita than most countries
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2016, 10:26 AM   #107
gmzanatta
Colonel
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Regardless, I saw the allocation/available build dates. It was 3 a month, as dealer gave me the option of either feb 2017 or 2 slots in March 2017.

I've dealt with my salesman for several years now, there's no need for him to lie.

Australia generally have more allocations per capita than most countries
Ahhh ok, you should have mentioned that this was out into 2017 and not this calendar year. I'm talking about current status, which is at most one allocation every 60 days right now.

Anything that far out is purely a promise at this point as the situation is very fluid, but it's likely they had earlier production slots that got pushed back and lumped together.
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2016, 07:10 PM   #108
///M-pressed
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigy. View Post
Keep on their case, i was on to my salesman every week chasing up build dates & a Vin #, we are paying a lot of money for this car, it's not a 20k Hyundai, the least they can do is keep you up to date with what's going on.
You would think so wouldn't you, but this particular dealership in Sydney their customer service is not existent. What's in like over in WA?
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2016, 07:30 PM   #109
s2fu
Rep
Drives: -

How are you guys going for insurance btw? Still only seems to be NRMA you can get a quote from? TGDavey?
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2016, 07:45 PM   #110
Prodigy.
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep

Quote:
You would think so wouldn't you, but this particular dealership in Sydney their customer service is not existent. What's in like over in WA?
We only have 2 Bmw dealerships here, with the ordering of the M2 means i have puchased a new car from both of them, I'm obviously yet to receive the M2 but if it continuous as it's going both purchasing experiences have been very good.
Appreciate 0