BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M2 Forum > Regional Forums > AUSTRALIA > BMW MPE no longer available in Aus?

08-28-2017, 12:17 AM   #45
Oxymoron
Private First Class
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2 LCI MGM

I just enquired about this exhaust with a dealer in Brisbane and they said it was no longer available.

Keep trying elsewhere you think?
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2017, 12:55 AM   #46
DoggieHowser
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F87 Pure F20 125i MSport 2017

Damn. Should have told me earlier

You could have had mine and I would have gone for the Akra
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2017, 02:08 AM   #47
Prodigy.
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: ///M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxymoron View Post
I just enquired about this exhaust with a dealer in Brisbane and they said it was no longer available.

Keep trying elsewhere you think?
I suggest calling a few dealerships, you may be lucky and find somewhere with the original/old version.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoggieHowser View Post
Damn. Should have told me earlier

You could have had mine and I would have gone for the Akra
Are you not happy with the MPE?
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2017, 02:51 AM   #48
DoggieHowser
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F87 Pure F20 125i MSport 2017

Would have matched the Akra mirror caps
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2017, 11:20 PM   #49
bmw_dealerAU
Registered
Rep
Drives: M2

M2 MPE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigy. View Post
Myself and a mate just enquired at our 2 local dealerships into latest pricing on the MPE and were told by both that they are no longer able to supply the exhaust in Australia.
Anyone else been told this?
I have one available if anyone is still chasing an MPE. Last one, brand new in box.
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2017, 05:00 AM   #50
RonBurgundy
Private First Class
Australia
Rep
Drives: -

Have ordered an LCI M2 and awaiting delivery in a couple of weeks. Had the chance to testdrive one from a dealership with the MPE.

For me the MPE was a perfect fit for the car- kept the straight-six character of the engine while adding more drama on the over run. Not too loud and drone was not too much of an issue on the short drive.

The track mode was activated with a button on a keyfob. This may be a noob question but are all MPEs like this or is this the V2 people are talking about?

How are people going sourcing MPEs these days and are they the more sound-restricted V2 Euro with the button in the boot?

BMW M4C G82 RWD (awaiting)/Mini JCW Convertible (2021-)/Mazda MX5 (ND) RF (2020-21)/BMW M2 F87 LCI (2017-21)/RenaultSport Megane RS265 (2015-16)/BMW 135i Coupe E82 (2011-15)/VW Golf GTI Mk5 (2008-11)/VW Golf 2.0 Mk4 (2003-08)
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2017, 05:01 AM   #51
RonBurgundy
Private First Class
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Well after much procrastination i finally ordered a system, in the end i opted for the Remus, will be a couple of weeks until it's installed but will give my thoughts once it's on.
How is your experience with the Remus system? Would love to hear your thoughts. Considering Remus myself

BMW M4C G82 RWD (awaiting)/Mini JCW Convertible (2021-)/Mazda MX5 (ND) RF (2020-21)/BMW M2 F87 LCI (2017-21)/RenaultSport Megane RS265 (2015-16)/BMW 135i Coupe E82 (2011-15)/VW Golf GTI Mk5 (2008-11)/VW Golf 2.0 Mk4 (2003-08)
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2017, 06:49 AM   #52
Prodigy.
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonBurgundy View Post
How is your experience with the Remus system? Would love to hear your thoughts. Considering Remus myself
Am loving it more and more, it's quite a deep and aggressive note, some Remus owners say they'd like it a bit louder but it's perfect for me.
It's very loud on cold start but quietens down a fair bit when warmed up.
Crazy pops and crackles in sport/sport+ and they become insane in the hidden exhaust mode.
Also no drone when cruising, the only thing i do get is a slight vibration through the cabin at around 97-98 km/h but once you've hit 100 it disappears.
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2017, 07:04 AM   #53
Prodigy.
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Have ordered an LCI M2 and awaiting delivery in a couple of weeks. Had the chance to testdrive one from a dealership with the MPE.

For me the MPE was a perfect fit for the car- kept the straight-six character of the engine while adding more drama on the over run. Not too loud and drone was not too much of an issue on the short drive.

The track mode was activated with a button on a keyfob. This may be a noob question but are all MPEs like this or is this the V2 people are talking about?

How are people going sourcing MPEs these days and are they the more sound-restricted V2 Euro with the button in the boot?
Congrats on your order.

All MPE's have the fob to activate track mode.

I haven't checked lately but i think any new stock of MPE's will have the button in the boot unless you purchase from the US, there is quite an easy diy though that enables the boot button to be permanently wired to the on position.
Appreciate 0
      11-23-2017, 11:48 PM   #54
RonBurgundy
Private First Class
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Am loving it more and more, it's quite a deep and aggressive note, some Remus owners say they'd like it a bit louder but it's perfect for me.
It's very loud on cold start but quietens down a fair bit when warmed up.
Crazy pops and crackles in sport/sport+ and they become insane in the hidden exhaust mode.
Also no drone when cruising, the only thing i do get is a slight vibration through the cabin at around 97-98 km/h but once you've hit 100 it disappears.
This may be what I’m after. I don’t actually want the exhaust to be loud as I find the car is loud enough stock in sport/sport+ mode. What I think stock lacks is the pop and crackle drama on the overrun and upshifts.

@Prodigy have you encountered any grief with dealership re warranty? It really shouldn’t be an issue given the Remus is a bolt-on system with no cutting or welding required. This is also a big draw for me

Biggest decision may be which tip to go with as there’s such a nice range
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2017, 04:55 AM   #55
Prodigy.
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep

Quote:
This may be what I’m after. I don’t actually want the exhaust to be loud as I find the car is loud enough stock in sport/sport+ mode. What I think stock lacks is the pop and crackle drama on the overrun and upshifts.

@Prodigy have you encountered any grief with dealership re warranty? It really shouldn’t be an issue given the Remus is a bolt-on system with no cutting or welding required. This is also a big draw for me

Biggest decision may be which tip to go with as there’s such a nice range
I've only had the exhaust on for a couple of months so haven't visited the dealership since it's been fitted, i did however discuss it with them prior to fitting and as long as any warranty claim cannot be linked to an issue caused by the exhaust i should be fine.

Can't go wrong with the titanium and c/f tips.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      11-24-2017, 01:45 PM   #56
Fab_R
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 / Audi S3 8V Sedan

Quote:
I've only had the exhaust on for a couple of months so haven't visited the dealership since it's been fitted, i did however discuss it with them prior to fitting and as long as any warranty claim cannot be linked to an issue caused by the exhaust i should be fine.

Can't go wrong with the titanium and c/f tips.
Awesome mate!
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2018, 12:27 AM   #57
Zuzu
Major General
Australia
Rep
Drives: M2C HS 6MT

Quote:
Congrats on your order.

All MPE's have the fob to activate track mode.

I haven't checked lately but i think any new stock of MPE's will have the button in the boot unless you purchase from the US, there is quite an easy diy though that enables the boot button to be permanently wired to the on position.
Had the run in service done today and the MPE installed.

Can confirm that the Blue tooth FOB is not installed in the boot.. Comes in a black hard cover that will fit perfectly in your cup holder.

Ironically also comes with a Workshop Certificate with this clause.
"The use of Track Mode on public roads nullifies the vehicle registration"

Any way, absolutely love the MPE and it the absolute BOMB..
Kept the OEM resonator in case the "drone"annoys me once the exhaust is run in.. ( YES, there is a drone around 2.6-3K RPM, although only in Sport and Sport+ with Flaps open.. )
Attached Images

Last edited by Zuzu; 04-27-2018 at 01:13 AM..
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2018, 01:26 AM   #58
Fab_R
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 / Audi S3 8V Sedan

Sensational. Are you running a standard down pipe?
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2018, 02:20 AM   #59
Prodigy.
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuzu View Post
Had the run in service done today and the MPE installed.

Can confirm that the Blue tooth FOB is not installed in the boot.. Comes in a black hard cover that will fit perfectly in your cup holder.

Ironically also comes with a Workshop Certificate with this clause.
"The use of Track Mode on public roads nullifies the vehicle registration"

Any way, absolutely love the MPE and it the absolute BOMB..
Kept the OEM resonator in case the "drone"annoys me once the exhaust is run in.. ( YES, there is a drone around 2.6-3K RPM, although only in Sport and Sport+ with Flaps open.. )
Great news it's all installed and you are loving it, the button i was referring to was a red button in the boot, as per the pic, not the actual Bluetooth fob, in Europe this has to be pressed each time you start the car for your Bluetooth fob to work, excellent news that this isn't applicable to the latest Aussie MPE's then.
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2018, 04:00 AM   #60
Zuzu
Major General
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fab_R View Post
Sensational. Are you running a standard down pipe?
Yes mate.. OEM downpipe

Quote:
Great news it's all installed and you are loving it, the button i was referring to was a red button in the boot, as per the pic, not the actual Bluetooth fob, in Europe this has to be pressed each time you start the car for your Bluetooth fob to work, excellent news that this isn't applicable to the latest Aussie MPE's then.
Ok..understand mate.. I misunderstood the original thread..
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2018, 08:04 PM   #61
Zuzu
Major General
Australia
Rep

has been raining all morning in Sydney town, so cleaned up the muffler and tail pipes with SS polish..
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      05-09-2018, 05:38 PM   #62
Alpine*
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: M2 G87

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuzu View Post
has been raining all morning in Sydney town, so cleaned up the muffler and tail pipes with SS polish..
Nice Joe!
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2018, 06:56 PM   #63
Who?
Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: F87 LCI

anyone in brisbane have the MPE or Remus? I'd love a listen
Ive done the muffler mod, but would be awesome to see what im missing out on
      09-11-2018, 06:15 AM   #64
specka
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M2 LCI BSM

Garage List
2017 BMW M2 LCI  [0.00]
M Performance owners in Melbourne?

Hey All,
Local posts and content is something thin on the ground here, I'm hoping posting in this thread be effective...

I'm contemplating getting the m performance exhaust but haven't heard it, much less in combination with the FabSpeed Sportscat like the one I have. The FabSpeed makes the car sound so much better than stock but as usual I want more.

Curious if anyone has this combo here in Melbourne, or just the exhaust so I could compare the sound vs my car?

Cheers
Simon
      09-12-2018, 11:41 PM   #65
Smiley1175
Major
Australia
Rep
Drives: M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by specka View Post
Hey All,
Local posts and content is something thin on the ground here, I'm hoping posting in this thread be effective...

I'm contemplating getting the m performance exhaust but haven't heard it, much less in combination with the FabSpeed Sportscat like the one I have. The FabSpeed makes the car sound so much better than stock but as usual I want more.

Curious if anyone has this combo here in Melbourne, or just the exhaust so I could compare the sound vs my car?

Cheers
Simon
I've got MPE with Wagner dp.
Where abouts in Melbourne are you
Appreciate 1
specka71.00
      09-12-2018, 11:43 PM   #66
specka
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M2 LCI BSM

Garage List