BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M2 Forum > Pricing / Ordering / European Delivery / PCD > Coming back to BMW to lease an M2 - What should I know?

12-17-2017, 05:36 PM   #1
BMWCali
Expect the Unusual
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 X6M

Smile Coming back to BMW to lease an M2 - What should I know?

Hey guys, I've been out of the BMW fray for a while. Been driving Porsches and McLarens and was just out at BMW PC West and was doing handbrake drifts with the M2 and got hooked. Ready to pickup an M2. What should I know?
  • Any lease deals/incentives to apply right now?
  • How much should I expect a dealer to give me off MSRP? 2k?
  • What's the average monthly payment on an M2 lease? 24 months would probably be ideal, but happy to go 36 if it means a significantly better price.
  • Anyone know the current residual and money factor?
  • Is the 2018 model already on showroom floors, or not yet? When? I could wait a month, but wouldn't want to wait more than that

Also, I'm planning to install a hydraulic handbrake system in it. Anyone know a reputable place that will do that? And since I'm leasing the car, would the install be fully reversible? I realize I may have to buy some new interior trim pieces where they cut into the existing ones, but I assume it's a reversible install as long as I'm willing to buy some new interior trim pieces at the end of the lease?

Many thanks guys!
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2017, 06:51 PM   #2
empowered_one
Private
Rep
Drives: 2018 F80 ZCP Mineral White

Glad you are excited about the M2...I am as well and haven't even placed my order yet (been on an allocation list since August)...

Few points from my perspective:
Any lease deals/incentives to apply right now? Not on an M2. Ever.
How much should I expect a dealer to give me off MSRP? 2k? Most on here are lucky to get one at MSRP.
What's the average monthly payment on an M2 lease? 24 months would probably be ideal, but happy to go 36 if it means a significantly better price. Based on payment calculator on www.bmwusa.com for a 6-speed with executive package only, 24 months and 12,000 miles a year, with $2500 down payment would be around $1,103/month. For 36 months at 12,000 miles a year with $2500 down payment would be around $868.93/month (considering your location is California).
Anyone know the current residual and money factor? I do not know this...but I do know the residuals suck. I plan on financing mine.
Is the 2018 model already on showroom floors, or not yet? When? I could wait a month, but wouldn't want to wait more than that. 2018's have been out since ~ June/July 2017....but you might be disappointed here...at least out here in Ohio where I live you won't catch a car on a dealer lot unless it is a Customer Order being prepared for Delivery...I have seen many posts in the forums of cars which are ordered and then buyers back out...so I would keep your eyes peeled there.

Good luck, hopefully some others can chime in with their experiences and opinions.
      12-17-2017, 07:00 PM   #3
BMWCali
Expect the Unusual
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 X6M

Quote:
Originally Posted by empowered_one View Post
Glad you are excited about the M2...I am as well and haven't even placed my order yet (been on an allocation list since August)...

Few points from my perspective:
Any lease deals/incentives to apply right now? Not on an M2. Ever.
How much should I expect a dealer to give me off MSRP? 2k? Most on here are lucky to get one at MSRP.
What's the average monthly payment on an M2 lease? 24 months would probably be ideal, but happy to go 36 if it means a significantly better price. Based on payment calculator on www.bmwusa.com for a 6-speed with executive package only, 24 months and 12,000 miles a year, with $2500 down payment would be around $1,103/month. For 36 months at 12,000 miles a year with $2500 down payment would be around $868.93/month (considering your location is California).
Anyone know the current residual and money factor? I do not know this...but I do know the residuals suck. I plan on financing mine.
Is the 2018 model already on showroom floors, or not yet? When? I could wait a month, but wouldn't want to wait more than that. 2018's have been out since ~ June/July 2017....but you might be disappointed here...at least out here in Ohio where I live you won't catch a car on a dealer lot unless it is a Customer Order being prepared for Delivery...I have seen many posts in the forums of cars which are ordered and then buyers back out...so I would keep your eyes peeled there.

Good luck, hopefully some others can chime in with their experiences and opinions.
Thanks man! Appreciate all that info!

Why are M2s only going for MSRP when they've already been out for a couple years? Are they still selling very well and BMW is limited producing them or something?

Is there some way to see which dealers in the country have an M2 sitting on a lot? I want a white one with automatic trans. I'd consider procuring it from any dealer in the country who has one and is willing to give me a deal on it.

I'm planning to Turo my M2 out most of the year as I travel abroad most of the year and just want to have it when I'm in the States. For that reason, I want to lease rather than buy for the risk of a renter crashing it and then that causing a hit to resale. Don't have to worry about that with leasing.
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2017, 07:30 PM   #4
empowered_one
Private
Rep
Drives: 2018 F80 ZCP Mineral White

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWCali View Post
Thanks man! Appreciate all that info!

Why are M2s only going for MSRP when they've already been out for a couple years? Are they still selling very well and BMW is limited producing them or something?

Is there some way to see which dealers in the country have an M2 sitting on a lot? I want a white one with automatic trans. I'd consider procuring it from any dealer in the country who has one and is willing to give me a deal on it.

I'm planning to Turo my M2 out most of the year as I travel abroad most of the year and just want to have it when I'm in the States. For that reason, I want to lease rather than buy for the risk of a renter crashing it and then that causing a hit to resale. Don't have to worry about that with leasing.
They sell well, there is a constant waiting list but BMW also limits the production numbers on it to make them some what exclusive...they have built a lot of hype around the M2 to enthusiasts. I would just check out Autotrader or reach out to local dealers in your area...never know, maybe someone has something on a lot and is ready to wheel and deal!

Good luck!