BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M2 Forum > Pricing / Ordering / European Delivery / PCD > Need to take dealer allocation immediately?

11-20-2017, 08:50 PM   #1
SoCalSparky
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 (want!)

Question Need to take dealer allocation immediately?

Hello folks, I am new to BMW ordering and allocations, so this is a general question to understand how it works: Do dealers expect you to 'use' the allocation immediately when it becomes available? Or is it okay to request "pass it to the next customer in line, but let me know when you have the next allocation" without being seen as a bad customer?

Perhaps it's a crazy idea to pass up an allocation when it comes around but I want to know what options we have if a dealer has an allocation before 100% ready to finalize an order?

Thanks for any insight!
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2017, 09:37 PM   #2
Wharf Rat
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalSparky View Post
Hello folks, I am new to BMW ordering and allocations, so this is a general question to understand how it works: Do dealers expect you to 'use' the allocation immediately when it becomes available? Or is it okay to request "pass it to the next customer in line, but let me know when you have the next allocation" without being seen as a bad customer?

Perhaps it's a crazy idea to pass up an allocation when it comes around but I want to know what options we have if a dealer has an allocation before 100% ready to finalize an order?

Thanks for any insight!
Here's my 2¢
Sure, you can pass on an allocation. The next guy in line will probably appreciate it. Many salespeople (CA in BMW-speak) have a list of folks they'll call to take the allocation.

Your dealership won't get many allocations, so passing on one may result in a substantial wait. Depending on the dealership & your relationship, you may or may not get a call when one becomes available.

With the M2 there aren't many decisions to be made once you've made the decision to buy one.
A choice of 4 colors.
Manual or DCT
Executive package or not
Moonroof or not
Basically it...
Appreciate 1
      12-02-2017, 04:12 PM   #3
SoCalSparky
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 (want!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wharf Rat View Post
Here's my 2¢
Sure, you can pass on an allocation. The next guy in line will probably appreciate it. Many salespeople (CA in BMW-speak) have a list of folks they'll call to take the allocation.

Your dealership won't get many allocations, so passing on one may result in a substantial wait. Depending on the dealership & your relationship, you may or may not get a call when one becomes available.

With the M2 there aren't many decisions to be made once you've made the decision to buy one.
A choice of 4 colors.
Manual or DCT
Executive package or not
Moonroof or not
Basically it...
Thanks @Wharf Rat! That's great info to help a new BMW-buyer like me.

The biggest decision I am having to make is choice between MY18 M2 LCI, or wait for more details (price!) on MY19 M2 Competition. I guess many people in the same boat...

Anyways, definitely my task right now is to find a dealer I am happy with and put down a deposit so I can be inline for an allocation.
Appreciate 0