BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
M2 Technical Topics > Wheels / Tires -- Sponsored by The Tire Rack > Off Season Wheel/Tire Questions (18" vs 19", squared, etc)

05-28-2021, 01:15 PM   #1
mynameisnick4
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2023 M2

Off Season Wheel/Tire Questions (18" vs 19", squared, etc)

I am looking into a second set of wheels and tires for the off season. I'm not going for hardcore winter tires, just all seasons. I am also not looking to break the bank on wheels.

I've been going through threads here but can't find clear answers. I am a noob when it comes to buying wheels and only have done it once on a previous car just using tire racks search feature. This is what I am trying to find out:

1. Am I able to run a complete squared set up, wheel and tire, that will allow me to rotate when needed?

2. What are the measurements for an 18" squared set up, wheel and tire? Tire Rack doesn't give you the option to manually search and only gives known fitments so I can't see anything in 18".

3. If I were to get 19"s, would I be able to just pick up 4 19x9 wheels running a squared set up that would work without any fitment/awkward looking issues?
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2021, 03:47 PM   #2
mcvaughan
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: F87 Competition

Try here: https://support.apexraceparts.com/hc...-Fitment-Guide
      05-29-2021, 08:59 PM   #3
mynameisnick4
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2023 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcvaughan View Post
Thank you, that has a lot of great info. Apex wheels will probably be my expensive option. I really wish tire rack would allow you to search wheels by size instead of by car, they do not list any 18s for the M2. Anyone know of a different car to feed it that would give compatible 18s?
Appreciate 0
      05-31-2021, 08:57 PM   #4
21_M2 Competition
DasBimmer21
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 M2 Competition

Select an OG M2 and use the winter wheel package configurator on TireRack. Make sure you choose 18’s and then just select a tire. It will take you to the wheels where you can see what’s compatible. Hope that helps…

I bought my 18’’ Sparco Podio wheels using that.
Appreciate 0