BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
M2 Technical Topics > Wheels / Tires -- Sponsored by The Tire Rack > Michelin PA4 Tire Wear

05-14-2021, 05:47 PM   #1
NCe92fan
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW M2

I have a 2016 M2 that I DD year round in Minnesota. I went with the OEM package of 641M wheels and PA4s for winter duty. I've used them for two winters now - 6K miles first winter, 2K miles second winter - and the rears are almost down to the wear bars. Fronts look fine though.

I run 35psi at all four corners. Has anyone run into this issue? I may rotate them on the wheels (fronts are 8.5 wide, rears are 9.0 wide) just to make them last longer. Not sure what's causing this increased wear?

Thoughts? Anyone have similar issue? How many miles are people seeing on these?
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2021, 07:09 PM   #2
NCe92fan
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCe92fan View Post
I have a 2016 M2 that I DD year round in Minnesota. I went with the OEM package of 641M wheels and PA4s for winter duty. I've used them for two winters now - 6K miles first winter, 2K miles second winter - and the rears are almost down to the wear bars. Fronts look fine though.

I run 35psi at all four corners. Has anyone run into this issue? I may rotate them on the wheels (fronts are 8.5 wide, rears are 9.0 wide) just to make them last longer. Not sure what's causing this increased wear?

Thoughts? Anyone have similar issue? How many miles are people seeing on these?
Just to follow-up if anyone is curious, Michelin will give me a pro rated credit, but the guy at Discount Tire said the 235s have been discontinued. He also said the 235s' 91 load rating is too low for our cars since the summer 245s are 93.

Therefore, he's saying I'd have to buy 245 PA4s (93 load rating) if I want to get the tire credit through them. I'm hoping I can save it for the fall and use it at Tire Rack. TBD if that's possible. Not sure about the 235 vs 245 question.
Appreciate 0